Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Fall 2015 MegaBonus® is here ... what's your offer?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IslesFan
Period of offer: September 15, 2015 through January 15, 2016

1) 2,000 bonus points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to up to 20,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 11 stays, with no bonus on the first stay)
RDB68, King Chung Huang, bgriz18, mookie10, nrdk, philemer, pinniped, mikeef, luv2ctheworld, sjpmurph01, mr27, MDtR-Chicago

2) Earn double points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 20,000 bonus points

Wheezy, op487062, Scotttheking, Jaenks, joeags, sig05, rower2000, yfish, Smiley90, The_Banking_Scot, CMK10, Gigantor, mike929, highOPS, RatherBeOnATrain, Scheitan, Mr. Nacho, shoodawg, nequine, csyoung49

3) Earn 3,000 bonus points for each paid stay that includes a Friday or Saturday, up to 30,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 10 stays that include Fri or Sat)
Rylan, jm1991, Dom Bologna, leeky (by request)

4) 15,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 25 nights)
Harold, Sacfitz, SAT Lawyer, dwcatty, EricH, darthbimmer, freeflyin, Alpha Golf, RewardAddict, Michilander(spouse), dsquared37, mbflyflyaway, WannaTheater, djp98374, nacho, BeanieTX, ChicagoDave, allset2travel, toooldtostayoutlate, rrohio, Kaycee, FullTimeFlyer, sjpmurph01, Nimitz, Voodoo Daddy, Major G

5) 25,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 45,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 30 nights)
VickiSoCal(spouse), Carpboy823, dmodemd, jalves, sdsearch, njcommodore, alrvd83, MsEverywhere, Jon Maiman, Chewie, Michilander, Wickersley, hnewman, MSPeconomist, quattroking, Duke787, jlb3, cova, LoganFlyer, mrvic43, WesTraveller, pbiflyer, apodo77, andersonCooper, cfischer, kb_rembrandt, mekk, billpreston, DELee, flyerfmaz, anotheran2, hginphl, wenzlydale, ross123, SkyHarbor, Jerruh, Pretzelsandpeanuts, beachfan, orca15, jgottlieb, greenskin, atwby2020, CJKatl, IslesFan

6*) 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 55,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 30 nights)
dank0014
* - some report that MR told them this is not a valid promotion option

If You Did Not Receive an Offer
... And then there are a number of people who (as in every MegaBonus cycle) have not had any version of this promo show up in their account. You can try concating Marriott to fix that (and an interactive method such as a phone call may be more likely to succeed than a non-interactive method like email).

Once You Get a MegaBonus
... Once you call or email Marriott and are given a MegaBonus, it will take several days to show in your account. Be patient.

If Your Were Granted a Change to Your MegaBonus Offer
... Your old MegaBonus offer will continue to show on the Marriott site. The agent you spoke to noted your account and will usually make the adjustment about a week after the MegaBonus period ends. If the adjustment is not made by then, call Marriott Rewards and they will adjust it manually for you.
Print Wikipost

Fall 2015 MegaBonus® is here ... what's your offer?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by kennypowers816
I have the Megabonus offer quoted below, and I am at 14 nights with no more scheduled stays for the year. I'm kind of a Marriott rookie, but it is it worth it for me to try to get a cheap room somewhere for a night to get the 15k points?

I live in a major metro area and also will be driving to the next state a few times later this month (but no planned hotel stays). I could just reserve a room and checkin and leave, right? Any ideas on how I could find the cheapest idea for this? Any other creative ways to get the last night?
How about this? Call them and ask them to spot you the extra night. They've done it for me in the past when I was more than one night short. I didn't even ask. It was offered while on the phone with MR about something else. It cannot hurt to ask.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Has it been determined if points redemptions qualify as nights for MegaBonus? Or are they like Birthday Nights and Credit Card Nights and only part of your annual total and tally for LT Status? I'll hit 20 nights tonight. Without Points Redemption Nights, right now I'll only have eight more during the period. With, I've got ten. (Although I'll likely book stuff in Jan before the end of the promo.)
Old Dec 5, 2015, 12:13 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Has it been determined if points redemptions qualify as nights for MegaBonus? Or are they like Birthday Nights and Credit Card Nights and only part of your annual total and tally for LT Status? I'll hit 20 nights tonight. Without Points Redemption Nights, right now I'll only have eight more during the period. With, I've got ten. (Although I'll likely book stuff in Jan before the end of the promo.)
Megabonus is for paid stays only.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl
How about this? Call them and ask them to spot you the extra night. They've done it for me in the past when I was more than one night short. I didn't even ask. It was offered while on the phone with MR about something else. It cannot hurt to ask.
I called and requested a different bonus offer. See my post at the bottom of the last page. Thanks for the advice though. I'll try that next time if I need to.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kennypowers816
I called and requested a different bonus offer. See my post at the bottom of the last page. Thanks for the advice though. I'll try that next time if I need to.
You should refer to posts by number, not by their position on a page. The reason: Different people have their FlyerTalk preferences set to different numbers of posts per page, and so what they see at "the bottom of the last page" will be very different than what you see.

In your case, you seem to be referring to post #299.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:08 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Any word on 2016 promos? The current one ends Jan 15 and I have a stay on the 18th...
Old Jan 6, 2016, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
Any word on 2016 promos? The current one ends Jan 15 and I have a stay on the 18th...
Marriott Concierge started this new thread several hours after you asked:

As has been the case for a number of years in the past, there's a gap between the Jan 15 date end of one and the Feb 1 start of the other one. Had you either remembered that or looked into years past, you would have realized that unfortunately Jan 18th has never (in recent time, anyway) fallen inside a MegaBonus promotion period.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
The second half of Jan was barely included in promotion period recently. However you could still do SPG promotion starting Jan 10.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andersonCooper
The second half of Jan was barely included in promotion period recently. However you could still do SPG promotion starting Jan 10.
Plus over at IHG there's the 2016 Accelerate promo (customized, but many people have a task which gives 5000 bonus points for a January stay, which may be stackable with other tasks). And at Hilton HHonors there's currently double points or double miles. Plus WyndhamRewards has 3000 bonus AA miles per stay (up to 5 stays, which can be as short as 1 night each).

So for those who belong to multiple hotel programs, there's no shortage of ways to fill in the Jan 16-31 gap at Marriott.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:35 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Got a bit of a chuckle today calling MR about the fall megabonus. Agent told me that I only needed 13 more nights between now and Jan 15. Guess it's theoretically possible.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Tanic
Got a bit of a chuckle today calling MR about the fall megabonus. Agent told me that I only needed 13 more nights between now and Jan 15. Guess it's theoretically possible.
As long as you start your start your stay before Jan 15, the entire stay should count towards the promo
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by edcho
As long as you start your start your stay before Jan 15, the entire stay should count towards the promo
I do not think that is true. I have had stays over the end of a Megabonus in the past and only got credit for nights that were in the promotion period.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Michilander
I do not think that is true. I have had stays over the end of a Megabonus in the past and only got credit for nights that were in the promotion period.
I might be mistaken. I thought I read it somewhere (Marriott Insider or Terms and Conditions) that as long as you start your stay in the promo period, it would count. I've never tested this out though so your experiences may be what is correct.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I might be mistaken. I thought I read it somewhere (Marriott Insider or Terms and Conditions) that as long as you start your stay in the promo period, it would count. I've never tested this out though so your experiences may be what is correct.
Nope. Imagine if you had a 30 night stay, with only one night in the period.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
Only the nights that fall in the period regardless of check in and check out count. I have tired it. Many of my stay overlap the start or end dates.

Billy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.