Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Fall 2015 MegaBonus® is here ... what's your offer?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IslesFan
Period of offer: September 15, 2015 through January 15, 2016

1) 2,000 bonus points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to up to 20,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 11 stays, with no bonus on the first stay)
RDB68, King Chung Huang, bgriz18, mookie10, nrdk, philemer, pinniped, mikeef, luv2ctheworld, sjpmurph01, mr27, MDtR-Chicago

2) Earn double points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 20,000 bonus points

Wheezy, op487062, Scotttheking, Jaenks, joeags, sig05, rower2000, yfish, Smiley90, The_Banking_Scot, CMK10, Gigantor, mike929, highOPS, RatherBeOnATrain, Scheitan, Mr. Nacho, shoodawg, nequine, csyoung49

3) Earn 3,000 bonus points for each paid stay that includes a Friday or Saturday, up to 30,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 10 stays that include Fri or Sat)
Rylan, jm1991, Dom Bologna, leeky (by request)

4) 15,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 25 nights)
Harold, Sacfitz, SAT Lawyer, dwcatty, EricH, darthbimmer, freeflyin, Alpha Golf, RewardAddict, Michilander(spouse), dsquared37, mbflyflyaway, WannaTheater, djp98374, nacho, BeanieTX, ChicagoDave, allset2travel, toooldtostayoutlate, rrohio, Kaycee, FullTimeFlyer, sjpmurph01, Nimitz, Voodoo Daddy, Major G

5) 25,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 45,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 30 nights)
VickiSoCal(spouse), Carpboy823, dmodemd, jalves, sdsearch, njcommodore, alrvd83, MsEverywhere, Jon Maiman, Chewie, Michilander, Wickersley, hnewman, MSPeconomist, quattroking, Duke787, jlb3, cova, LoganFlyer, mrvic43, WesTraveller, pbiflyer, apodo77, andersonCooper, cfischer, kb_rembrandt, mekk, billpreston, DELee, flyerfmaz, anotheran2, hginphl, wenzlydale, ross123, SkyHarbor, Jerruh, Pretzelsandpeanuts, beachfan, orca15, jgottlieb, greenskin, atwby2020, CJKatl, IslesFan

6*) 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 55,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 30 nights)
dank0014
* - some report that MR told them this is not a valid promotion option

If You Did Not Receive an Offer
... And then there are a number of people who (as in every MegaBonus cycle) have not had any version of this promo show up in their account. You can try concating Marriott to fix that (and an interactive method such as a phone call may be more likely to succeed than a non-interactive method like email).

Once You Get a MegaBonus
... Once you call or email Marriott and are given a MegaBonus, it will take several days to show in your account. Be patient.

If Your Were Granted a Change to Your MegaBonus Offer
... Your old MegaBonus offer will continue to show on the Marriott site. The agent you spoke to noted your account and will usually make the adjustment about a week after the MegaBonus period ends. If the adjustment is not made by then, call Marriott Rewards and they will adjust it manually for you.
Print Wikipost

Fall 2015 MegaBonus® is here ... what's your offer?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2015, 12:13 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Extend the bonus??

Next week I'll complete the 30 night/45k challenge
(This after a virtual boycot during our summer of "no bonus")
Has anyone ever had their bonus extended? IE continue to earn 2k/night, beyond the ceiling?
I've never read any mention of this here, but with the best part of two months left, I thought it was worth asking the question
Old Nov 15, 2015, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No. I have never heard of anyone getting something besides the set offers.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, SQ-PPS, Marriott PP
My 31st night just credited and no bonus points
Old Nov 17, 2015, 12:29 am
Suspended

did you expect any or are you posting to confirm max out at 45k?

Originally Posted by iadp
My 31st night just credited and no bonus points
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:29 pm

Question on double points

When one gets double points for the Megabonus, does it just double the base points? or double the total of the base points + the elite bonus points?

Thanks,
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:34 pm
Suspended

on previous promo bonuses it's always been limited to base points

Originally Posted by lililolo
When one gets double points for the Megabonus, does it just double the base points? or double the total of the base points + the elite bonus points?

Thanks,
Old Nov 18, 2015, 1:17 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium

Thanks,
Yes its just the base points that are doubled.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks,
Originally Posted by nequine
Yes its just the base points that are doubled.
And it's not just at Marriott. In any hotel program that offers double (or any other multiplier of) points, it's always only base points that are doubled (or otherwise multiplied).
Old Nov 30, 2015, 3:09 pm

I have the Megabonus offer quoted below, and I am at 14 nights with no more scheduled stays for the year. I'm kind of a Marriott rookie, but it is it worth it for me to try to get a cheap room somewhere for a night to get the 15k points?

I live in a major metro area and also will be driving to the next state a few times later this month (but no planned hotel stays). I could just reserve a room and checkin and leave, right? Any ideas on how I could find the cheapest idea for this? Any other creative ways to get the last night?

Earn 15,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points
Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by kennypowers816
I have the Megabonus offer quoted below, and I am at 14 nights with no more scheduled stays for the year. I'm kind of a Marriott rookie, but it is it worth it for me to try to get a cheap room somewhere for a night to get the 15k points?

I live in a major metro area and also will be driving to the next state a few times later this month (but no planned hotel stays). I could just reserve a room and checkin and leave, right? Any ideas on how I could find the cheapest idea for this? Any other creative ways to get the last night?
Do you have a AAA membership? I would think it is worth it to get a cheap room somewhere in order to get those points. However, I would be curious to know how expensive your other 14 nights were. I will finish out the promotion period with 13 nights, and have the same offer, but will be requesting to switch to the double points, because that will actually net me well over 15k, so that's something to consider.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:07 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by kennypowers816

1. You can try calling MR and asking them to change your offer. Take a look at offers #1-3 in the wiki. MR may or may not agree to change yours. They do it for some people but not others.

2. The answer to whether it's worth manufacturing a one-night stay depends on how you value MR points. Figure that in exchange for the cost of the night you'll net 15k points + base points + whatever elite and credit card bonuses you're entitled to. Suppose those totals are $80 and 17,000 points. You're essentially buying those points at 0.47 cents per point (cpp). I'd do it because I value MR points at 0.8cpp.

2a. If I could make up a reason for the trip the cost-benefit calculation gets even easier. Is there anyplace you'd like to visit? A city? A museum? A park? A show?

3. To find the cheapest hotels near an area, pick the city and date and then sort by price. Yes, you'll have to spend time plugging in different values if there are multiple dates and disparate locations you're willing to travel.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:04 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Saidoh
Do you have a AAA membership? I would think it is worth it to get a cheap room somewhere in order to get those points. However, I would be curious to know how expensive your other 14 nights were. I will finish out the promotion period with 13 nights, and have the same offer, but will be requesting to switch to the double points, because that will actually net me well over 15k, so that's something to consider.
It certainly costs nothing to call and ask, but my experience has been that the agents are much less willing to switch your offers once the register by date has passed. As I recall, that was 15 Nov for this offer. If you do call, please let us know if you are able to switch.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by Michilander
It certainly costs nothing to call and ask, but my experience has been that the agents are much less willing to switch your offers once the register by date has passed. As I recall, that was 15 Nov for this offer. If you do call, please let us know if you are able to switch.
I called a while back, at the beginning of the promotion I believe, with no luck (I was told you can't switch from the promotion that was offered). I didn't want to give up since that's the exact opposite of what is being reported here, so I emailed. The response that I got was to reply back at the end of the promotion period (after 1/15/16) with the offer that I would like and the adjustments would be made. I actually prefer this, since I saved the email and therefore have it all in writing rather than just a verbal confirmation over the phone, but I will definitely report back with the end results.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Michilander
Thanks for everyone's help. I suppose I should have read the whole thread, but I had no idea that I could call and request a change. Honestly, I didn't even know that there were different offers for different members until I searched for this thread and read it a few days ago.

Anywho, I have 8 stays for 14 nights and a total of 27,777 points (including gold multiplier). After the first paid stay, I have 19,338 base points and 4,835 elite points. Since I don't have any more planned stays in the period, I figured #2 in the OP (double points after the 1st stay) would be the best option. I should at least get the 19,338 double points or max at 20,000 if elite points are counted as well. Correct?

I called MR Customer Service and spoke to a very nice/helpful guy who said he would change my offer to #2 in the OP (double points on each stay after the first). He said that it will have to be manually adjusted on Jan 16, but that he made a note in my account and also is tracking it separately. He said he now has 12 people on his list that he will manually adjust in January. Honestly, I expected a little bit of pushback, but he was very helpful. The only thing he did was clarify the 2 different offers because he saw I was 14/15 stays and wanted to make sure I was getting the best offer. He asked if I would have any more stays in the period that might get me over the 20k limit of the offer I was requested. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience.

Thanks again for everyone's help and sorry for the wall of text.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott PP, Hertz PC
Just called and requested the change to double points as well. Took only a few minutes and he made the notes in my account right away. Just need to call back when the promotion is over to have them switch everything over.

I'm currently at 10 nights with about 25,000 base points and will only get up to 14 nights this promotion. This should give me the maximum amount of points this promotion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.