Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 30, 2016, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
LINK TO CHART

Legacy to New Travel Package Conversion (effective August 2019)
A Marriott supervisor can currently convert your legacy travel package into the new category mapping. If you hold a Category 6, 8, or Tier 1-3 legacy certificate, it's ideal to downgrade your certificate before converting so that points don't potentially get lost in the process.

The codes for the new partial packages are:
New Cat 1-4: QP83
New Cat 5: QP91
New Cat 6: QP99
New Cat 7:

Originally Posted by Marriott Rewards Insider
Members who purchased a Category 6, Category 8 or Tier 1-3 certificate prior to 8/18 are able to request a one-time exchange for a Travel Package one category lower. This process will cancel your current Travel Package, reissue a Travel Package one category lower and result in a refund of 30,000 points to your account. To submit a request, follow these steps:
  • Select “Packages - Deals” from the “Topic” drop down menu
  • Submit your request
As a reminder, status.marriott.com will periodically have additional updates.
Source: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...es-update.html

The legacy certificates map to the new certificates as such:
Cat 1-5 => Cat 1-4
Cat 6 => Cat 1-4
Cat 7 => Cat 5
Cat 8 => Cat 5
Cat 9 => Cat 6
Tier 1-3 => Cat 6
Tier 4-5 => Cat 7
==================================================

If you are unsure where you will use your 7 night stay, when you request the package, just ask for a category 1-5 hotel. That way you are out of the least number of points. If later, you decide to book for a higher level category, then you can do so and pay the difference the travel package points. If you can't use your certificate within the year, then as close to the one year anniversary (without going over!) call to extend the certificate for one more year. That's as long as they will typically allow, one extension. There is an option to expedite the mileage delivery to within three business days (sometimes faster) for $15. There are reports that this fee may be waived for platinum members.

Effective April 1 2017 re: Southwest & the companion pass:

"Purchased points, points converted from hotel and car loyalty programs, and e-Rewards, e-Miles, Valued Opinions and Diners Club, points earned from Rapid Rewards program enrollment, tier bonuses, flight bonuses, and partner bonuses (excluding points bonuses earned on the Rapid Rewards Credit Cards from Chase) do not count toward Companion Pass."
Can I book SPG properties with my Marriott Travel Package? As of 9/1/2018 apparently not. see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30155836-post6529.html
Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2010, 12:36 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
You might find some useful information about TP awards in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ers-guide.html thread.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by cathyg621
Can anyone ... let me know how I can convert my 300K MR points into a Travel Package? It seems that this is the way to get the most out of your points.
  • Its personal preference if 300K MR points in exchange for seven continuous nights at a Cat 6 hotel (single hotel award redemption is 180K MR points) & 85/120K miles (1,41/1 MRp/miles ratio) is your best choice. MR also offers Point Savers and a 20% discount if you redeem five consecutive nights. Please note that either miles or points sleeping in an account don’t create value!
  • At the first place I would opt for a property I would like to stay for seven nights in a row and & check their award category (obviously you choose a Cat 6 hotel).
  • Then I would figure out which airline award I will redeem and choose an airline program I will transfer 120/85K miles. For some member programs offering “only” 85K miles is not appealing, others argue that it pays for better redemption availability and/or quality of service.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 4:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Are you talking about The Vacation Club Award

I noticed you said you were on the Marriott Vacation site, we you looking for the Marriott Vacation Club Travel Award?
It is a 5-night version of the other travel award.
You have to call to order that one.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 4:40 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
If you are a TS owner, log into your account and on the right hand side, click on "Program Updates and Enhancment (HA)" or something like that - to see the point requirement for the 5 night awards.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 10:02 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Just called up to redeem a travel package and needed to expedite the mileage transfer. In the past, this was always waived for me as a Platinum member, but today I was charged $15. I asked the guy who was helping me, but he said that the fee could not be waived. Is this a new policy, or was I just lucky in the past?
Old Jan 8, 2010, 2:32 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Originally Posted by jkm024
Just called up to redeem a travel package and needed to expedite the mileage transfer. In the past, this was always waived for me as a Platinum member, but today I was charged $15. I asked the guy who was helping me, but he said that the fee could not be waived. Is this a new policy, or was I just lucky in the past?
They always say they are going to charge and then when I mention I am platinum, they wave.

Did you call using the Platinum number?
If not, call back and keep trying.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:13 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by rthib
Did you call using the Platinum number?
Yes, I had called the Platinum number and did ask about the waiver. No big deal, and the points posted within about 5 hours which was much faster than I was hoping for.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 9:15 am

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Called for my travel package on Friday.

Points were in my United account today (Sunday). Did not ask to have transfer expedited, but I wonder if the plat cs rep did it anyway. Or do point transfers to United usually happen this fast?
Old Feb 7, 2010, 3:27 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite
Travel Packages - long shot?

When ordering a travel package is it possible to split the Air miles between 2 airlines? (i.e BA and AA)
Old Feb 7, 2010, 5:02 am

Programs: AA LfGLD, HH Gold, PC Plt, Marriott Plt
I have never heard of this being allowed, but the only way to know is to call Marriott.

SM
Old Feb 7, 2010, 5:38 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I haven't ordered one since the Big Deval last year, but before then they wouldn't let you do that. You would need to order two TP awards to get miles deposited into 2 airline accounts.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott LT Ti, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ukswift88
When ordering a travel package is it possible to split the Air miles between 2 airlines? (i.e BA and AA)
Or your could get AA miles and use them on a BA flight anywhere AA doesn't fly since they are both One World.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 5:13 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by ttusqrl
Or your could get AA miles and use them on a BA flight anywhere AA doesn't fly since they are both One World.
Or, of course, vice versa.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite
Question

Originally Posted by ohmark
I didn't think it was possible to use BA miles to upgrade on AA flghts?

If so, how do I procceed?
Old Feb 8, 2010, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott LT Ti, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ohmark
Obviously, I think that goes without saying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.