Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 30, 2016, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
LINK TO CHART

Legacy to New Travel Package Conversion (effective August 2019)
A Marriott supervisor can currently convert your legacy travel package into the new category mapping. If you hold a Category 6, 8, or Tier 1-3 legacy certificate, it's ideal to downgrade your certificate before converting so that points don't potentially get lost in the process.

The codes for the new partial packages are:
New Cat 1-4: QP83
New Cat 5: QP91
New Cat 6: QP99
New Cat 7:

Originally Posted by Marriott Rewards Insider
Members who purchased a Category 6, Category 8 or Tier 1-3 certificate prior to 8/18 are able to request a one-time exchange for a Travel Package one category lower. This process will cancel your current Travel Package, reissue a Travel Package one category lower and result in a refund of 30,000 points to your account. To submit a request, follow these steps:
  • Select “Packages - Deals” from the “Topic” drop down menu
  • Submit your request
As a reminder, status.marriott.com will periodically have additional updates.
Source: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...es-update.html

The legacy certificates map to the new certificates as such:
Cat 1-5 => Cat 1-4
Cat 6 => Cat 1-4
Cat 7 => Cat 5
Cat 8 => Cat 5
Cat 9 => Cat 6
Tier 1-3 => Cat 6
Tier 4-5 => Cat 7
==================================================

If you are unsure where you will use your 7 night stay, when you request the package, just ask for a category 1-5 hotel. That way you are out of the least number of points. If later, you decide to book for a higher level category, then you can do so and pay the difference the travel package points. If you can't use your certificate within the year, then as close to the one year anniversary (without going over!) call to extend the certificate for one more year. That's as long as they will typically allow, one extension. There is an option to expedite the mileage delivery to within three business days (sometimes faster) for $15. There are reports that this fee may be waived for platinum members.

Effective April 1 2017 re: Southwest & the companion pass:

"Purchased points, points converted from hotel and car loyalty programs, and e-Rewards, e-Miles, Valued Opinions and Diners Club, points earned from Rapid Rewards program enrollment, tier bonuses, flight bonuses, and partner bonuses (excluding points bonuses earned on the Rapid Rewards Credit Cards from Chase) do not count toward Companion Pass."
Can I book SPG properties with my Marriott Travel Package? As of 9/1/2018 apparently not. see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30155836-post6529.html
Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2010, 7:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, and a mug on the wall at the local brewpub
Over on CC, it has been stated that it is uncertain whether the 50% USAir bonus works with TPs:

Originally Posted by lkar
EDIT: FWIW, some on Marriott board are indicating there is a question whether Marriott tour packages apply toward the 50 percent bonus for USAir.
Specifically, it says that this question has been raised over here. I haven't seen it.

Is anyone concerned about whether the 50% USAir bonus works with TPs? This is obviously very important...

bd
Old May 27, 2010, 7:25 am

Programs: Delta, NW Air, Continental, Marriott, Amex
When delta had the 150% bonus, I was told that there was not a way to distinguish a "regular" transfer from a TP transfer because it was simply a points to miles transfer. I would be very surprised if someone does not receive the bonus miles. As long as you register and then transfer. This has always worked in the past.
Old May 27, 2010, 8:08 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
HELLO. Knock, knock, knock! Posts 17-21 are in reference to the 15% discount for Category 7 and 8 properties not applying to TPs. I perceive the responses in posts 22 and onward as having misinterpreted posts 17-21 as having meant the US 50% bonus does not apply. If that is not the case, then my bad. Due to Ikar's posting date and time (referenced in post 23) the only posts he could be referencing are posts 17-21 in this thread, so the circular reference in post 23 is totally misleading IMO.

FWIW, in the case of AA promos of the past, the bonus is done by the airline as that was where one registered. Any points transfered were multiplied accordingly and it did not matter whether it was a TP or standard transfer source. If this promo is registered through US then I would GUESS that it is handled in a similar manner.

Last edited by aaupgrade; May 27, 2010 at 8:17 am
Old May 27, 2010, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by boomdog
Over on CC, it has been stated that it is uncertain whether the 50% USAir bonus works with TPs:

Specifically, it says that this question has been raised over here. I haven't seen it.

Is anyone concerned about whether the 50% USAir bonus works with TPs? This is obviously very important...

bd
I was confused about the 15k thing. I edited my other post accordingly.
Old May 27, 2010, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by aaupgrade
HELLO. Knock, knock, knock! Posts 17-21 are in reference to the 15% discount for Category 7 and 8 properties not applying to TPs. I perceive the responses in posts 22 and onward as having misinterpreted posts 17-21 as having meant the US 50% bonus does not apply. If that is not the case, then my bad.
Right. Exactly where I got confused. Sorry all.
Old May 27, 2010, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Can I issue the 7 night travel cert in someone else's name?

This is the cert that comes with the travel package.
Old May 27, 2010, 2:58 pm

Yes, but you need to talk to Marriott to do it. It is easier if the name is put on it correctly at the time the TP is issued, but I think they can "pull it back" and add the name later. Talk to them before having the TP issued regardless.

You'd have to check the T&C's, but I think that a gift is fine, but this isn't supposed to be a sale or barter. YMMV.

bd
Old May 27, 2010, 11:43 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
Yes, you can.

Most Travel certs are electronic and if issed for you, you will not get paper. If you ask for someone else's name, they will send paper certificate with that persons name on it to your address.

Billy
Old Jun 1, 2010, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I issued a TP and transferred miles to US. The miles posted on Sat, however I do not see any bonus miles from US. The US link says they should have started posting by June 1.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA Fan
I issued a TP and transferred miles to US. The miles posted on Sat, however I do not see any bonus miles from US. The US link says they should have started posting by June 1.
My bonus miles posted. For those who have doubts whether the TP gives bonus for US transfers, I was your successful guinea pig.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
My bonus miles posted. For those who have doubts whether the TP gives bonus for US transfers, I was your successful guinea pig.
Thanks, Mr. GP. I'm ordering 2 TPs to US straightaway.

bd.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 6:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Just did 120k mile transfer! Cat 5 for 5 night package 235k Marriott points.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by vker
Just did 120k mile transfer! Cat 5 for 5 night package 235k Marriott points.
Since when can you order a travel package for 120k airline miles and only a five-night hotel stay?
Old Jun 2, 2010, 7:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by GrizShel
Since when can you order a travel package for 120k airline miles and only a five-night hotel stay?
I believe you have to be a MVCI owner. I was purchasing the 7 night stay and the rep told me we would get 5 nights for less points as owners.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vker
I believe you have to be a MVCI owner. I was purchasing the 7 night stay and the rep told me we would get 5 nights for less points as owners.
Whats MVCI? ALso would this have been possible for Plats?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.