Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Q2/Q3 Promotion 01JUN - 31AUG 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q2/Q3 Promotion 01JUN - 31AUG 2011

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2011, 1:36 pm

My husband and I both received the "category four certificate after two stays" offer.
Old May 11, 2011, 3:22 pm

Programs: Southwest A, Marriott LT Plat, US CP
Originally Posted by nacho
I tried writting to Marriott to ask if they can shift the promo for me so it starts earlier and ends earlier (I saw a post that a FT got it moved earlier), and it seems their Internet Customer Care doesn't even know about the promo! They quoted the previous Megabonus and SQ triple miles offer.
This absolutely did work for me during the spring Megabonus. I knew my schedule was only going to have 12 nights during that period, so I asked them to move both the start and end up a week. That resulted in 5 more nights and I received the promised 25,000 points. The MR CSR did tell me that the MR website will not track it, but the CSR will behind the scenes. She said that if I had any questions or if I wanted updates, I would have to call MR. Amazingly, my 25,000 points showed up a day or two after my 15th stay (after adjusting for the schedule shift). FWIW, I am Plat and called on the Plat line. I don't know if that made any difference. It could very well have been that I'm so damn charming. And humble.

Good luck!
Old May 11, 2011, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Mr. Nacho is MR Gold and the 'Gold' Line is really not Gold (we called the Gold number for Europe but we didn't get anything special).

Wrote to Marriott Customer Service and they said that there is nothing they can do - I got stay 2 stays get 1 cat 4 free.

I guess I'll get Mr. Nacho to call to try if he can get any CSR to shift the period. It's so annoying that they are so quiet about promotion this time (last time Marriott Concierge was leaking some info about Spring Megabonus).

Thanks.
Old May 11, 2011, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platnium,Hyatt Diamond
I recieved the 25,000 pts or 20 nights and 15,000 for 25 nights
Old May 11, 2011, 5:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by nacho
(last time Marriott Concierge was leaking some info about Spring Megabonus)
When's the last time we heard ANYTHING from Marriott Concierge? The lack of participation in this forum has been very disappointing as of late.
Old May 11, 2011, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
When I go to the Promotions Central page it says there are no new promotions for me??

I've been Platinum elite for several years and made 20 nights for the spring promotion.
Old May 11, 2011, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems like they are rolling out in batches. I would hold off on the panic, especially since it doesn't start until June. I don't believe there has ever been a MB promo where everyone didnt' get one or another offer.
Old May 12, 2011, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by plagwate
When's the last time we heard ANYTHING from Marriott Concierge? The lack of participation in this forum has been very disappointing as of late.
+1 because I actually planned a stay in late May just before the bonus starts, and I have one in early June

I saw post from FTers about the promo but you don't want to assume things until it's from the official channel.
Old May 12, 2011, 4:22 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
It seems like they are rolling out in batches. I would hold off on the panic, especially since it doesn't start until June. I don't believe there has ever been a MB promo where everyone didnt' get one or another offer.
+1 Well, at least everyone who has some kind of elite status.
Old May 12, 2011, 6:52 am

Programs: Marriott PLT, SPG GLD, DL PM, National EE
Wondering if I can open a seperate account to get the certificate offer... I'm using SPG this quarter... love free nights more than the points!!!
Old May 12, 2011, 7:34 am

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
For those who don't have anything for this promotion:

Are y'all looking on the left side of the page? I only ask b/c when I first looked yesterday, I saw the Congratulations - you earned the maximum for the 2 free nights, and thought I didn't have an offer. However when I finally stopped looking at that section only and glanced over to the left, that's where I saw the new promo. offer.

kay-jay, I don't think it's the case where if you got the 2 free nights that you're not eligible for this one, as many of us got the 2 free nights category 4 thingy and are getting this promo, too.
Old May 12, 2011, 9:49 am

Programs: SWA A-List/Companion Pass, BAEC Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold, ChoicePrivileges Gold
I have a 1 night Stay planned for May 27th, and a 3 night stay planed for September 1. I doubt they would move-up and extend the promo period.

I have two 1 night stays planned within the June 1 - Aug 30 promo period so I will be able to cash in on 1 free night, but it would be nice to figure out how to get the second.
Old May 12, 2011, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Readog
Thanks - I just called the plat premier line and they switched me. Told me they would "manually track it and my points would post once I hit the nights but I won't be able to view it online". Said I can always call back and my account has been noted.[/b] Sounds good.

Thanks
Just called to see about getting mine switched and was told pretty much the same thing. The nice lady even gave me her name and extension # and said after the end of the promotion she would change it for me.
Old May 12, 2011, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AA Novice
Just called to see about getting mine switched and was told pretty much the same thing. The nice lady even gave me her name and extension # and said after the end of the promotion she would change it for me.
Is it for points bonus or free night bonus?
Old May 12, 2011, 12:19 pm

Switched to free nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.