Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Q2/Q3 Promotion 01JUN - 31AUG 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q2/Q3 Promotion 01JUN - 31AUG 2011

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2011, 1:16 pm

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Hi What do you think of 3night stay paid-expedia -paid would this count as 2 stays or just the 1

thanks
cal

Originally Posted by GlennTheBaker
Unlikely. Marriott quantify a 'stay' as consecutive nights in a property regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 2:07 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by xcalx
Hi What do you think of 3night stay paid-expedia -paid would this count as 2 stays or just the 1

thanks
cal
If I understand you correctly, you are suggesting you would pay the first night personally, you would use expedia to pay the second night, and you would pay the third night again, personally, is that correct?

Just as Glenn said, it does not matter whether you have different methods of payment, or even if you check out and then back in to the same hotel on consecutive nights, Marriott will consider it as one continuous stay, and you will get credit for one stay, not two, not three. If you want more than one stay for a bonus promo, you will have to switch hotels. However, the nice thing is that if you stay in three different hotels on three consecutive days, Marriott will count that as three different stays for the purposes of the promo, PLUS, you will get three different welcome bonuses if you are a Plat member. Understand?
Old Jun 12, 2011, 3:20 am

Programs: CX DM
same here as well!
Old Jun 12, 2011, 6:04 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Yes that was the plan, 1 Expedia booking sandwiched between 2 Marriott bookings hoping to achieve 2 stays.

When I have previously used Expedia for Marriott stays my Marriott account never shows any activity if no purchases were made, therefore I thought this might show as 2 separate bookings as there would be no account activity for middle day.

Thanks for the reply

Cal

Last edited by xcalx; Jun 12, 2011 at 6:17 am Reason: duplicate post
Old Jun 12, 2011, 6:41 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by xcalx
When I have previously used Expedia for Marriott stays my Marriott account never shows any activity if no purchases were made, therefore I thought this might show as 2 separate bookings as there would be no account activity for middle day.
Note that anything is possible and depending on how the hotel processes each of your reservations, you could get multiple stays. But as mentioned, that would require the hotel to not post your stays correctly. And while possible, I wouldn't count on it happening.

It was a good thought though, but unfortuantely, the hotel companies have have thought of that as well.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 10:16 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Has anyone else just had this appear on their awards promotion, in addition to the Q2/Q3 (I'm a platinum premier if it makes any difference):

Earn 2 free nights with Marriott Rewards.

Originally Posted by MR website
As a Marriott Rewards® member, each stay gets you closer to earning everything from free nights to exclusive experiences. To thank you for your loyalty, we’re offering you a Free Night Stay certificate after your second and fourth stays. That’s 2 free nights!

Simply:

Register now
Stay at any of our 3,400+ participating Marriott® hotels worldwide between 1 July and 30 September
Earn 2 Free Night Stay certificates, one after your second and another after your fourth stay

Whether it’s your next business trip or family holiday, we invite you to come and rediscover Marriott.

Book your next stay today, either online or by calling 44 20 7012 7312 from Europe, the Middle East or the United Kingdom.
Either way its pretty handy, 4 stays will just be part of what I do to gain the 25k+15k I've already signed up to so its Marriott giving me another 2 free nights (Cat category 1-4 only). Anyone else?

If it works for anyone else;
https://www.marriott.co.uk/rewards/p...promotion=RA11

To me this seems like it may be a repeat of previous promo mistakes since at the bottom it says "we invite you to come and rediscover Marriott"... Good luck if it works for anyone else
Old Jun 12, 2011, 2:12 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by littlevoices
Has anyone else just had this appear on their awards promotion, in addition to the Q2/Q3 (I'm a platinum premier if it makes any difference):

Either way its pretty handy, 4 stays will just be part of what I do to gain the 25k+15k I've already signed up to so its Marriott giving me another 2 free nights (Cat category 1-4 only). Anyone else?

If it works for anyone else;
https://www.marriott.co.uk/rewards/p...promotion=RA11

To me this seems like it may be a repeat of previous promo mistakes since at the bottom it says "we invite you to come and rediscover Marriott"... Good luck if it works for anyone else
I tried that link, and I got this: "Unfortunately, we cannot direct you to your requested promotion at this time. For assistance with promotion registration, please contact Marriott Rewards Customer Support.

To learn about all promotions that you’re eligible to enjoy, visit your personal page at Promotion Central."
Old Jun 15, 2011, 8:12 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
I looked through this thread and others, was a link posted for the Renaissance promo?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by nevansm
I looked through this thread and others, was a link posted for the Renaissance promo?
It is a targeted promo, if you did not get it by e-mail, then you will not be able to sign up for it. Or was someone here able to sign up for it without getting the e-mail?
Old Jun 16, 2011, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
We got the e-mails about 1 month after we signed up online. It was on our account pages - it required a bit of searching because it wasn't so 'visible'.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 6:04 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
I was able to sign up for the 10k points or 1 free night promo without getting the email. it shows up on my promotions page now.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by littlevoices

Got an email about this today, assume it will make no difference but thought I'd post anyway;

Register online by visiting MarriottRewards.co.uk/TwoNights or calling your local Customer Support office at the number located on the back of your membership card by 31 August 2011.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 2:10 pm

Do they mail the certificates or are they electronic?

I ht my four stays and was wondering how I access the 2 free certificates.

Thanks,
Dan
Old Jul 22, 2011, 2:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum; UAL Silver
Originally Posted by dan1431
Do they mail the certificates or are they electronic?

I ht my four stays and was wondering how I access the 2 free certificates.

Thanks,
Dan
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...sing-cert.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.