Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Q2/Q3 Promotion 01JUN - 31AUG 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q2/Q3 Promotion 01JUN - 31AUG 2011

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2011, 5:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
Note - stays at Marriott Executive properties do not qualify for this promotion.
That's not totally suprising given it takes 3 nights to even get 1 night of points.

Cheers.
Old May 23, 2011, 5:45 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat , HH Diamond , IHG Spire
Originally Posted by kipper
You'll see the offers others have received, and that yes, some have been successful as Golds or Plats having the offer changed if you check out this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...jun-31aug.html
I want to switch my offer, should I call or email CS
Old May 23, 2011, 5:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Realyzing this I asked if a 3-night/1 stay qualifies and MR said NO!

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
That's not totally suprising given it takes 3 nights to even get 1 night of points.

Cheers.
Old May 23, 2011, 6:59 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by nycboyz
From my experiences, and IMHO, I would recommend ALWAYS calling for anything regarding Marriott Rewards or CS. If you do not like the answer, you can always either hang up and call back, or just ask for a manager. If you e-mail, then your position is permanently in writing, and you can't roll with the flow depending on the feedback you get. Also, you get a much faster response, and most importantly, for calls to Rewards and CS, Marriott does not particularly value written inquiries more than phone inquiries. As a matter of fact, they handle phone inquiries with more urgency, IME. However, as always, YMMV!
Old May 24, 2011, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by USirritated
From my experiences, and IMHO, I would recommend ALWAYS calling for anything regarding Marriott Rewards or CS. If you do not like the answer, you can always either hang up and call back, or just ask for a manager. If you e-mail, then your position is permanently in writing, and you can't roll with the flow depending on the feedback you get. Also, you get a much faster response, and most importantly, for calls to Rewards and CS, Marriott does not particularly value written inquiries more than phone inquiries. As a matter of fact, they handle phone inquiries with more urgency, IME. However, as always, YMMV!
Did you call Plat line? I guess the Gold line doesn't have as good CSA. I tried calling Gold line from Europe and the CSA are hopeless - very rude and not helpful at all - they do everything by the book. We also called Gold line's US number as well, same thing.

We are not from the US and somehow we never achieve anything by calling MR. For us writing seems to achieve the best result.
Old May 24, 2011, 6:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by nycboyz
Call, don't email. I called and was able to have Mr. Kipper's offer switched to the one we wanted.
Originally Posted by nacho
Did you call Plat line? I guess the Gold line doesn't have as good CSA. I tried calling Gold line from Europe and the CSA are hopeless - very rude and not helpful at all - they do everything by the book. We also called Gold line's US number as well, same thing.

We are not from the US and somehow we never achieve anything by calling MR. For us writing seems to achieve the best result.
I called the US Gold line and they were happy to help.
Old May 24, 2011, 11:26 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by nacho

Yes, there are always rude people wherever or whoever you call, occasionally for any company. But as I said in my previous post, if you do not get the results you want, then hang up and call back, or ask for a supervisor/manager. I have heard that Marriott CS Europe can be difficult, so I would definitely call the US line, and if you are Gold or above, they usually agree to bonus change requests without too much fuss or muss. The one time that I was turned down, I was told that switches were not possible. So I just called back 15 minutes later and got a completely different answer, and was quite satisfied with the promo I was switched to. In that case, clearly, the first CS rep obviously had his head up his wazoo.
Old May 24, 2011, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm still getting:
"No new promotions."

Old May 24, 2011, 2:40 pm

Programs: 3 Month Delta Plat, UA PP 2.4mm, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Lifetime Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by annerj
I'm still getting:
"No new promotions."

You aren't alone.
Old May 24, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: 1K,MM,Lifetime Plat.Marriott
I haven't found the Promo either. Just went on "my account" and didnt see anything under "promo central"
Where can we find this?
Thx,
Barry
Old May 24, 2011, 4:04 pm

Programs: LH FF, BA Blue these days, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP
In the end I gave in and emailed them...

For those who have not yet got the promotion - I gave up waiting and emailed the rewards team and had the promotion waiting for me a day or two later
Old May 24, 2011, 4:22 pm

Interestingly enough, the June 1-August 30 promotion, which I was able to activate from my MR account at marriott.com just after May 1, was only e-mailed to me today for the first time. I wonder why some people are able to sign up before getting the e-mail, and others are not?

I got the 20,000 points for 15 nights, plus an extra 10,000 points if I stay 5 more nights, or a total of 20 nights for 30,000 points. I have not called MR to try to change anything, although I probably will eventually, after the promo period starts on June 1.
Old May 25, 2011, 9:04 am

Still waiting for my promo...
Old May 25, 2011, 9:14 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by USirritated
Interestingly enough, the June 1-August 30 promotion, which I was able to activate from my MR account at marriott.com just after May 1, was only e-mailed to me today for the first time. I wonder why some people are able to sign up before getting the e-mail, and others are not?

I got the 20,000 points for 15 nights, plus an extra 10,000 points if I stay 5 more nights, or a total of 20 nights for 30,000 points. I have not called MR to try to change anything, although I probably will eventually, after the promo period starts on June 1.
I signed up when the promo came out on Twitter, May 10th and I too just got the email yesterday.
Old May 25, 2011, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
anyone else get the stay 2 at Renaissance properties and earn 5,000 points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.