Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Q2/Q3 Promotion 01JUN - 31AUG 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q2/Q3 Promotion 01JUN - 31AUG 2011

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.6 MM, AA EXP, SPG Gold, MARR Plat (Premier) Lifetime, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
I used your link and registered for the same promotion (free night after two)
That link says 'Promotion Page Unavailable'.
Old May 10, 2011, 11:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by rcheneyjr
http://www.marriott.com/rewards/prom...promotion=SG11

should work. i double-checked right now again.
Old May 10, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Originally Posted by rcheneyjr
Change your earning preference from miles to points and it should work.
Old May 10, 2011, 11:42 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Still nothing here, has everyone in the past always got an offer or do they skip some members?
Old May 10, 2011, 12:09 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kanerf
The only difference is in lifetime points, which would not change for the free night certificates.
Not quite.

If I decide to wait and use my points next year rather than this year, I can do that. If I decide to pool my points together for a night at a Cat. 8 hotel, I can do that. Note the majority of Marriott resorts tend to be Cat. 5 or higher. So if you want to use your "award" for a nice beach vacation, you probably don't want the certs.

Receiving points provides much more flexibility in using your "award". Now if one were planning on using points to stay a couple of nights at a Cat. 4 (not a Cat. 1, 2 or 3 as those are cheaper) hotel then the values would be more inline with each other.

But there is something to be said for getting 2 free nights with only 4 nights (i.e. one night stays) where the 40K points will take a few more nights to achieve.
Old May 10, 2011, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Still nothing here, has everyone in the past always got an offer or do they skip some members?
During the last promotion signup period I waited several days (maybe two weeks) before calling and they said I was already signed up. I hadn't signed up and I hadn't been able to get to the promotion link and it didn't show up on my promotions page. I don't know what happened, but there are obviously bugs in their system. This time it was there from day one (09MAY). Go figure.
Old May 10, 2011, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Originally Posted by caldrich
When I logged in to my account, I too saw No New Promotions, but then I noticed a link in bold for Marriott Promotions, and that's where my new offer was hidden.

It seems that as a Plat, I was quietly and discreetly (TOO quietly, if you ask me!) pre-registered for the new promotion. I got the 25K for 20 nights (+15K for an add'l 5 nights).
Nothing here either... at 20 nights so far this year after doing a gold challenge, I also completed the Q1 Megabonus. Hopefully they are just still loading them.
Originally Posted by bucs0721
I got nothin'. Did you receive your offer via email?
Originally Posted by USirritated
I did not get an e-mail either, but all you or your mom needs to do is sign on to the account on marriott.com, then click on PROMOTION CENTRAL, and then GO TO PROMO CENTRAL, and you will see what has been offered to that MR account, as well as a button for one click registration. Eazy peazy.
Nothing showing under my promotions page and I was rather curtly told that I had no promotions on offer when I called in just now. I should be at 500 nights year to date when my next batch of stays post, so either Marriott arrogantly thinks there is no reason to encourage me to stay more or they have some rather uneducated front line reps. ....or perhaps both I guess.

Until about 6-9 months ago, I was one of the few on this board that defended the value of PP. I've never really had any complaints about the MR program but as I sit here compiling things that have started to bug me about the program and MR's treatment of PPs, I can't help but feel that MR is really starting to demonstrate that they could care less about uber-frequent guests.
Old May 10, 2011, 1:28 pm

Programs: DL 1.3MM GM , Marriott-Platinum Premier+Lifetime , Hilton-Blue, Nat'l-Emerald Club Executive Elite
Regardless...it beats them taking 35K from you because of the rash of complaints.

Thanks for the pre-registering, one less thing to monitor while working on the road. And thanks for the opportunity to earn a few more points.
Old May 10, 2011, 1:36 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by ljknecht570
I checked that--nothing there either. I also checked to see if she was preregistered and nothing. I guess I will have her call. She is going to be mad if she doesn't get this!
Uh oh, Marriott is in trouble! Beware the wrath of a "Marriott Mom!"
Old May 10, 2011, 2:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Gold Elite here and I've got nothing new in Promotion Central. I'll give it a few days to see if anything appears. I have to assume that they are rolling the various promotions out in phases.
Old May 10, 2011, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Premier
I got the free nights promo and have a ton of stays lined up during the promo period. Woul much rather have the points promo.

Who do we try to contact if we want to try to make a change? Anyone have any luck doing so?
Old May 10, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
You can call the PP Services number and ask to change your Marriott promotion. I was told that the PP Services desk is staffed M-F from 7 am - 8 pm CST/CDT. Any calls outside of those hours are transferred to the platinum reservations line, who do not handle awards issues.
Old May 10, 2011, 5:01 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by Readog
I got the free nights promo and have a ton of stays lined up during the promo period. Woul much rather have the points promo.

Who do we try to contact if we want to try to make a change? Anyone have any luck doing so?
PMing Marriott Concierge on this board worked for me for the fall promo.
Old May 10, 2011, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Premier
Thanks - I just called the plat premier line and they switched me. Told me they would "manually track it and my points would post once I hit the nights but I won't be able to view it online". Said I can always call back and my account has been noted. Sounds good.

Thanks
Old May 10, 2011, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I usually wait until towards the end to have a pretty good idea of wehere we'll be before PM'ing Marriott Concierge.

DO NOT USE free night certs if you think you might switch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.