Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Q2/Q3 Promotion 01JUN - 31AUG 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q2/Q3 Promotion 01JUN - 31AUG 2011

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2011, 7:15 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
I didn't get an email, but on my promotions page: "Earn 25,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + an extra 15,000 after 25 paid nights." For the MB promo of earlier I was offered "35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights. Earn an additional 15,000 points after 25 paid nights (for a maximum of 50,000 points)." So a decrease of 10k points. Right now, I'm shifting stays to Hilton for the 1k points bonus per stay (and to do a Diamond status match) and SPG for the Resort nights, I'll get the MR promo too, but not in any hurry.

Sidenote: previously only stayed about 30 nights a year for work travel but took a new job that is 75% travel, so I will hit the promos no problem.
Old May 10, 2011, 7:51 pm

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
My MegaBonus showed up today and I registered.

Looks like they have me down for the 15 and 20 night option but did not preregister me as a Plat.
Old May 10, 2011, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I usually wait until towards the end to have a pretty good idea of wehere we'll be before PM'ing Marriott Concierge.

DO NOT USE free night certs if you think you might switch.
Thats what the Plat Premier services rep told me. Whatever you do - don't use the nights!
Old May 11, 2011, 12:40 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
I liked the quote on the small promo;
Originally Posted by Marriott
You are one of our very best customers and we want to make it easier—and more rewarding—for you to get away. Simply:
Earn 25,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + an extra 15,000 after 25 paid nights.
Auto-registered for the promo for the first time. I'm a PP with regular 3-5 night stays per week.

I believe this is the same promo that Marriott has run for the last 3 years at least, it starts to get a bit boring. At least with Hilton you don't know what they are going to try next (fixed points per stay/night, free nights, miles, multipliers) - Marriott just puts the same combo (for lots of nights) of 50k / 40k / 50k (if you use visa) each year, with a slight exception that in the worst of the recession the first 50k turned into 60k.
Old May 11, 2011, 4:31 am

Auto-Registered

I was auto-registered for this promo (25K + 15K) too.
Old May 11, 2011, 6:37 am

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
I got "Earn 25,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + an extra 15,000 after 25 paid nights."

No auto-promotion for me - I had to do a click to register!
Old May 11, 2011, 6:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Tried to call (while at work) to get Mr. Kipper switched... Dialed one number incorrectly and was connected to a "free sex line." Oops!!! I dropped the phone like it was on fire!
Old May 11, 2011, 7:11 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by littlevoices
I believe this is the same promo that Marriott has run for the last 3 years at least, it starts to get a bit boring.
*Shrug* it doesn't bother me. I get an extra 140k points a year for stays I'm already making - hard to complain about that. If they want to bring back the 60k Delta promo this summer too, that would be awesome.
Old May 11, 2011, 7:44 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum; UAL Silver
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I usually wait until towards the end to have a pretty good idea of wehere we'll be before PM'ing Marriott Concierge.

But don't wait until after the promotion period ends as they won't change it then. I recently found that out the hard way and missed out on two free nights.
Old May 11, 2011, 9:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bucs0721
I got nothin'. Did you receive your offer via email?
I didn't get anything either. I looked on Promo Section on the MR website and nothing appears. Is this a targeted offer?
Old May 11, 2011, 10:40 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by harrison1186
I didn't get anything either. I looked on Promo Section on the MR website and nothing appears. Is this a targeted offer?
Call MR and ask for it. I have a feeling that you did not get it only because of some sort of a computer or e-mail glitch. If you call MR, my guess is that you are about 98% sure to get it.
Old May 11, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.6 MM, AA EXP, SPG Gold, MARR Plat (Premier) Lifetime, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by harrison1186
Same for me...I am a Lifetime Platinum, and usually get pre-registered, but nothing this time. I tried the online chat, and no help there, so I guess calling (or waiting a few more days) is probably the answer...
Old May 11, 2011, 11:06 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by rcheneyjr
Same for me...I am a Lifetime Platinum, and usually get pre-registered, but nothing this time. I tried the online chat, and no help there, so I guess calling (or waiting a few more days) is probably the answer...
(emphasis mine)

Yes, waiting a few days would be a good idea, especially considering that the promotion does not even begin until June 1.
Old May 11, 2011, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum; Alaska - MVP75; IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold
I completed 4 stays and earned 2 free nights already using the similar Marriott promo around a month back. Hence I am not getting this offer to work for me. It just takes me to "Congratulations - you earned the maximum"
It didn't work for me this time.
Old May 11, 2011, 1:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by kay_jay
I completed 4 stays and earned 2 free nights already using the similar Marriott promo around a month back. Hence I am not getting this offer to work for me. It just takes me to "Congratulations - you earned the maximum"
It didn't work for me this time.
Well you earned the maximum for the last promo. You'll need to wait (or you can call) to see what your promo will be for the next one, which starts June 1.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.