Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Q2/Q3 Promotion 01JUN - 31AUG 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q2/Q3 Promotion 01JUN - 31AUG 2011

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2011, 10:55 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
I got "Earn 20,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights + an extra 10,000 after 20 paid nights." I probably would have gotten the higher promo if I would have stayed more during the first four months of the year. In the past I have gotten the higher promo several times. If I am on track for more nights, I will call to have my promo changed, they have changed it for me at least three times before.
Old May 10, 2011, 1:18 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dw
I received:

Earn 20,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights + an extra 10,000 after 20 paid nights.
Ditto.

So no reason to switch any business from Hilton, where I have been getting 1,000 points per night with the latest promo (and stay about 70 nights per quarter).

It blows me away that the less I stay with Marriott, the worse the promotions get.
Old May 10, 2011, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I tried writting to Marriott to ask if they can shift the promo for me so it starts earlier and ends earlier (I saw a post that a FT got it moved earlier), and it seems their Internet Customer Care doesn't even know about the promo! They quoted the previous Megabonus and SQ triple miles offer.

Mine is a 2 stays for a free cert offer, which suits me great because I'm mostly doing 1 night stays. A cat. 4 cert will be enough to stay at HKG Sky City Marriott.

Got a reply from Marriott:

'Dear Nacho,

Congratulations for receiving the Gold Elite status!

Thank you for contacting Marriott Rewards regarding the 2011 Summer Promotion.

Our records indicate you are enrolled in the 2011 Summer Promotion. Earning dates begin June 1, 2011, and end August 31, 2011. You have been selected to receive an electronic free night certificate, valid at hotel categories one through four, after every three paid stays. You can receive a maximum of two free night certificates. You may track your progress through our website at MarriottRewards.com.

Many of our promotions have a "stay" requirement. This is defined in our program information, as well as the terms and conditions of each promotion. A "hotel stay" or "stay" means all consecutive nights a Marriott Rewards member registers and personally pays and stays at any participating hotel. For example, three consecutive nights stayed in one hotel qualifies as one paid stay.

Elite nights earned through other promotions that appear as non-stay nights in your account do not qualify for this promotion.

Please accept my apologies that we are unable to enroll you in an alternate 2011 Summer Promotion offer.'

Every 3 paid stays? My promo said 2 - they really don't know what they are talking about!

Really annoying that I can't get my late May stay counted.

Last edited by nacho; May 10, 2011 at 5:10 am
Old May 10, 2011, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by nacho
I tried writting to Marriott to ask if they can shift the promo for me so it starts earlier and ends earlier (I saw a post that a FT got it moved earlier)
Never heard of such a thing - from any hotel / airline. I'm not going out on a limb here saying it'll never happen.
Old May 10, 2011, 6:28 am

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
The stay 2 get a cert for 1-4 works out to 20K points and you can get two of these for 4 stays, so that is 40K points, or the same as the stay 25 nights promo. The only difference is in lifetime points, which would not change for the free night certificates.
Old May 10, 2011, 6:35 am

Can someone let me know what is the redemption dates for the stay 2 get 1 night free (Cat 1-4). I looked but don't think this has been posted.
Old May 10, 2011, 6:57 am

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by acnev
Can someone let me know what is the redemption dates for the stay 2 get 1 night free (Cat 1-4). I looked but don't think this has been posted.
Jun 5 - Dec 31 for redemption.
Old May 10, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by kanerf
Jun 5 - Dec 31 for redemption.
I am very curious, how did you find out that information so far in advance of the promotion actually beginning?

I know that the promo which just ended April 30 had certificate redemption expiration dates of September 30, but what would have been the beginning date of the redemption period, in other words, what would have been the earliest that the certs could have been in anyone's account and available for redemption.
Old May 10, 2011, 7:17 am

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
Originally Posted by USirritated
I am very curious, how did you find out that information so far in advance of the promotion actually beginning?
http://www.marriott.com/File%20Block...1AG_en_US.html
Old May 10, 2011, 9:05 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by travelexpert

So no reason to switch any business from Hilton, where I have been getting 1,000 points per night with the latest promo (and stay about 70 nights per quarter).

In my case-total reason for me to switch my planned SPG/Hyatt stays to MR! I am doing the FRN at SPG and Hyatt points stay (netting me 1Kpts/nt now) and will now go back to 100% MR to make sure I complete this (better) promotion!

Thanks MR!! ^

PS-I rc'd the stay 35-get 40Kpts.
Old May 10, 2011, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelexpert
Ditto.

It blows me away that the less I stay with Marriott, the worse the promotions get.
30K points for 20 nights is an average of 1.5K per night, and given that I value Marriott points at aobut 1.5 to 2 times the value of Hilton points in redemption value, it seems like the Marriott deal is much better, at least for the first 20 nights. (And you should be able to bump to the higher promo if you stay more)

Still puzzled at all the griping about Marriott promos getting worse, when so far 2011 has been *exactly* the same as 2010 and I think very nearly the same at 2009 but too lazy to go look up.
Old May 10, 2011, 9:37 am

I got my promotion (which I will politely ask to change) but my mom has not got hers yet. Should she be worried. I am Plat and she is gold
Old May 10, 2011, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by ljknecht570
I got my promotion (which I will politely ask to change) but my mom has not got hers yet. Should she be worried. I am Plat and she is gold
I did not get an e-mail either, but all you or your mom needs to do is sign on to the account on marriott.com, then click on PROMOTION CENTRAL, and then GO TO PROMO CENTRAL, and you will see what has been offered to that MR account, as well as a button for one click registration. Eazy peazy.
Old May 10, 2011, 11:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Talking

Originally Posted by pete4abw
My Promotion is SG11. http://www.marriott.com/rewards/prom...promotion=SG11 which is 25,000 plus 15,000 points. Whoever has the 35+15, please grab your promotion number from the "See Details" link.

I used your link and registered for the same promotion (free night after two)
Old May 10, 2011, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by USirritated
I did not get an e-mail either, but all you or your mom needs to do is sign on to the account on marriott.com, then click on PROMOTION CENTRAL, and then GO TO PROMO CENTRAL, and you will see what has been offered to that MR account, as well as a button for one click registration. Eazy peazy.
I checked that--nothing there either. I also checked to see if she was preregistered and nothing. I guess I will have her call. She is going to be mad if she doesn't get this!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.