Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W South Beach, Miami Beach [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W South Beach, Miami Beach [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2010, 11:11 pm

What's the general consensus on spending 20K SPG points per night at this property
Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by sunil
What's the general consensus on spending 20K SPG points per night at this property
If you've got a gazillion points and/or just REALLY like South Beach and it's accompanying vibe, I'd say do it. If you're an infrequent earner, I'd say your points are probably better spent somewhere else.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 2:20 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Lifetime Plat, AV Diamond
^^

If you have lots of FWN's then definitely do it - if it's a family trip or # of poitns is an issue then Westin Diplomat is a better bet!

Originally Posted by ramalama8
If you've got a gazillion points and/or just REALLY like South Beach and it's accompanying vibe, I'd say do it. If you're an infrequent earner, I'd say your points are probably better spent somewhere else.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:39 am

W SoBe is a great place to use FWNs.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:31 am

Programs: Delta SM, SPG Plat, HH Silver
Used FNW

Stayed 3 nights using FNW and was upgraded to the Mega Suite. I would recommend using points because every room is practically a suite with at least a partial view of the ocean.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Isolated Calm
upgraded to the Mega Suite.
Sorry if it has been done before, but does someone have a listing of the suite names (in order of opulence)? Thanks.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 1:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Question

Stayed 3 nights using FNW and was upgraded to the Mega Suite. I would recommend using points because every room is practically a suite with at least a partial view of the ocean.

You were upgraded to a duplex suite?
http://roomclasses.wsouthbeach.com/megaSuite/
Old Oct 14, 2010, 9:26 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum, AA Gold
did u have to ask for it when checking in or was it already assigned to you without asking?
Old Oct 15, 2010, 1:53 pm

Huge upgrade on the Mega Suite if true. Most Plat's don't get upgraded past the Fantastic. The number of "specialty suites" at W SoBe that aren't eligible for Plat upgrades is absurd.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 5:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Sorry if it has been done before, but does someone have a listing of the suite names (in order of opulence)? Thanks.
Bump.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Bump.
www.wsouthbeach.com/guest-rooms

I'm guessing the rooms/suites are listed, lowest to highest, in each category.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 6:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite

Thanks!
Old Oct 16, 2010, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite

Right now...no. The one that is out of place is the Oasis Suite.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 1:04 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum, AA Gold
called on 2 different days, spoke with 2 different people from Front Desk at the hotel, each person telling me that the fantastic suite is not part of the standard suite upgrade for platinum guests. the guy i spoke with today was Daniel from the Front Desk. his explanation, which sounds made up, was that all the rooms at the hotel are considered specialty suites, therefore, even the most basic one is considered a suite. here is the issue that i have... as suggested by one of the lurkers, i can of course file a corporate complaint, but that would occur after my stay, but does not help me get the suite during the stay. as suggested by someone else in the thread, i can call plat concierge and have intervention, but is that really the path one would have to take?

just like the whole issue with the late check out policy, it appears the staff are trained to say no late checkout and no fantastic suite upgrades. can't preventative action be taken? can't someone at spg with authority give the GM a call and say this is not SPG policy? at the end of the day, i am a loyal SPG plat member, but it's as if this thread is clear indication of customer concerns being ignored
Old Oct 27, 2010, 1:31 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by cybaslacka
called on 2 different days, spoke with 2 different people from Front Desk at the hotel, each person telling me that the fantastic suite is not part of the standard suite upgrade for platinum guests. the guy i spoke with today was Daniel from the Front Desk. his explanation, which sounds made up, was that all the rooms at the hotel are considered specialty suites, therefore, even the most basic one is considered a suite.
Well, he is correct that the Fantastic Suite is not the standard suite at this property. The standard suite at this property is the Oasis Suite, so yes, it appears that some of this is "made up".

here is the issue that i have... as suggested by one of the lurkers, i can of course file a corporate complaint, but that would occur after my stay, but does not help me get the suite during the stay. as suggested by someone else in the thread, i can call plat concierge and have intervention, but is that really the path one would have to take?
One certainly hopes not, but if necessary, I would call Platinum Concierge and ask them to call the resort and try to sort it out while you are in-house. Failing that, I would file a formal complaint if they are selling Oasis Suites for the total duration of your stay and give the management of the hotel an opportunity to answer the accusation. Then, if you feel that the situation requires that this resort's response should be escalated to its brand and regional authorities, send me the case number via email.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.