Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W South Beach, Miami Beach [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W South Beach, Miami Beach [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2022, 7:11 pm

Programs: AC E50K
Seems to still be there per fine print

Section 1.3.c.iv. Participating Properties that have mandatory resort charges, which include Internet access, will provide a replacement benefit, to be determined at each Participating Property’s discretion
just wondering if worth the effort
Established1985 and RK23 like this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
If you don't want to pay resort fees on your vacations, suggest moving to Hilton or Hyatt...Marriott will do you no favors
Old Mar 28, 2022, 10:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
If you don't want to pay resort fees on your vacations, suggest moving to Hilton or Hyatt...Marriott will do you no favors
I have occasionally gotten parking or resort fees waived by asking as a Platinum or Titanium, but never as a Gold. It is by no means a common thing at any elite level I have had though.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: AC E50K
So I reached out to the hotel by email and as a Gold Internet replacement benefit, it's a daily smoothie at WET bar... Better than nothing I suppose. They told me to just mention I'm a gold at the bar and it will be automatic ... fully expect to have to pay and then get it comped (with the email as proof)
Established1985 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 3:41 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Not from my experience. I have gotten resort fees waived for me every single time. Marriott Marquis Times Square, Marriott Marquis San Diego, Renaissance Las Vegas juat to name a few. I call the hotel ahead of time, speak to a senior mgr like asst GM or GM or director of rooms and ask them to waive it due to my Ambassador status and they do.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 1:09 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Eternity000
So I reached out to the hotel by email and as a Gold Internet replacement benefit, it's a daily smoothie at WET bar... Better than nothing I suppose. They told me to just mention I'm a gold at the bar and it will be automatic ... fully expect to have to pay and then get it comped (with the email as proof)
Did you get the free smoothie?
Old Nov 30, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by donotblink
Did you get the free smoothie?
it’s an island oasis smoothie and an official benefit for all bonvoy members
Old Aug 7, 2023, 4:42 pm

The resort fee is now $75, but I'm not sure what's included
Old Aug 8, 2023, 5:04 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by donotblink
The resort fee is now $75, but I'm not sure what's included
That's asinine - guess they really want to discourage points redemptions. Though, if you click on it, the website claims that the fee "must include a daily food and beverage credit equal to the fee."
beachmiles likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.