Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 8:24 am

Laundry

Got a stay here coming here soon and got me thinking about the complimentary in-house laundry. I'm not a big hotel laundry user per se, so I'm wondering if hotels such as SGS does your laundry in a separate load not shared with anyone else, provided that your items in the same load are like-colored.

If it's a shared load, then I would think the idea of my shirt being in the same load as another dude's sweaty boxers to be revolting. If it's a 'private' load, then I would think washing a few shirts in a single load to be a grotesque waste of potable water.

I guess I will turn down the very generous offer of complimentary laundry, given that either answer will make me feel uncomfortable or guilty.
Old May 11, 2017, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Central90210
If it's a shared load, then I would think the idea of my shirt being in the same load as another dude's sweaty boxers to be revolting. If it's a 'private' load, then I would think washing a few shirts in a single load to be a grotesque waste of potable water.
Ever send laundry or dry cleaning out when you're at home? They don't run a separate load in those large commercial machines for your single shirt or pair of trousers.

I guess I will turn down the very generous offer of complimentary laundry, given that either answer will make me feel uncomfortable or guilty.
I looove having the SGS do my laundry when I'm there. Everything comes back spotlessly clean (with special attention where needed, -- AFAICT, each item is inspected before being returned to the guest) and perfectly packaged.
Old May 11, 2017, 2:53 pm

Just curious .. how do you do your laundry when traveling?

-David
Old May 12, 2017, 2:00 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I'm really hoping that you're never considering using a hotel swimming pool!
Old May 12, 2017, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I'd suggest you just ditch all your clothes after wearing once and continuously buy new duds. It should be an acceptable solution to your stated concerns.
Old May 12, 2017, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by schley
Usually when I arrive I am at a remote gate with like a 10-15 minute walk to immigration so figured why not get the golf cart buggy and relax.

Much to my surprise my arrival gate was the exact one in front of immigration! haha.... then went throught expedited immigration (same as for Thai Air premuium passengers) and my baggage claim was exactly in front of me again! haha....
This is part of the expedited service.
Old May 12, 2017, 9:36 am

I should make myself more clear - I'm not trying to be the difficult or unreasonable pain in the arse guest, I just simply want to know more about the inner workings of a hotel, especially those that have a direct impact on/ contact with me.

That being said, admittedly, I believe I am in the market niche of "aspirational" consumers, where a company or product's health (hygiene) and sustainability attributes are part of the equation - aka LOHAS. So I guess I do have a few more questions than normal consumers, "practicals" or "indifferents", though I'm definitely not a hardcore, tree-hugging green activist.

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I looove having the SGS do my laundry when I'm there. Everything comes back spotlessly clean (with special attention where needed, -- AFAICT, each item is inspected before being returned to the guest) and perfectly packaged.
And smells sooo good too. They even fixed/ trimmed a loose string on my pair of trousers one time.

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Just curious .. how do you do your laundry when traveling?

-David
Most of my trips are under 2 weeks, so I tend to have enough supply for my entire trip. On the rare occasion where I need to do my laundry, I usually just do a full load at a laundromat near the hotel.
Old May 12, 2017, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

And smells sooo good too.
That's an aberration for the Asok area. I've used a few places (not hotels) where my laundry came back scented so heavily by softener that I had them rewashed elsewhere.
Old May 12, 2017, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dsquared37
That's an aberration for the Asok area. I've used a few places (not hotels) where my laundry came back scented so heavily by softener that I had them rewashed elsewhere.
I also found that they use so much softener that my clothes came back feeling oily.
Old May 13, 2017, 7:14 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Clothes are "tagged" in some fashion. Like an small iron on label, or a label looped through a button hole, or a piece of thread. It's gotta be a non-exclusive wash and and dry.

Same with the sheets and towels

That being said, I think it is all done in house so if there was another sweaty shirt in your load, it's likely a Platinum's sweaty shirt.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 7:57 am

Not sure when they implemented the change, but you're now only limited to one breakfast food item off the menu at Rossini's, meaning that you can't order a grilled salmon with an eggs dish and finish off with a waffle.

I'll take this as a subtle nudge for us not to overeat in the morning
Old Jun 3, 2017, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is there a room category that acts as a club level here? Do Premier and Luxury rooms get free drinks in the lobby? what about Plats?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure when they implemented the change, but you're now only limited to one breakfast food item off the menu at Rossini's, meaning that you can't order a grilled salmon with an eggs dish and finish off with a waffle.
Are you paying cash for breakfast on top of your room rate?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Are you paying cash for breakfast on top of your room rate?
Nothing, it was a Plat breakfast
Old Jun 3, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat

I'll take this as a subtle nudge for us not to overeat in the morning

Im dissappointed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.