Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:03 pm

Actually I don't find the elevators slow either, I actually find them to be quite fast.

I can also vouch for terrible key card access systems in some hotels' elevators (the ROS has one of the worst implementation, and you need a key card at any time of the day), but I have also encountered some systems that are very quick and seamless.

While I find SGS to be very safe, I do see the merits of enabling a key card system from 2300-0600 daily, in case any "bad hombres" sneak pass the watchful eyes of the security guards.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 4:02 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Originally Posted by schley
It is the look of the interior including the button panel is what stands out to me. The cleanliness is not a problem, but simply appears dated to me.

The bathrooms are dated to me as well.
I love the elevators, yopu know that you are in SGS, the button panel frankly has not been a concern to me, As for the bathrooms, while i would not pick this colour scheme for my hose, again i know I am at SGS, in the best hotel in the world with the best service, and I am relaxed and happy, Richard, over 15 years there have been some changes but the feeling has not changed one iota, in my too few visits myself an my family are always welcomed home, tweak here and there but dont change !!
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
I really like the property, but just gave my opinion that the elevators seemed like they were dated and affects the high end feel elsewhere IMO. I wasn't mentioning the speed at all.

Also for indigenous reasons the decision to keep the tile was made, great. It simply appears dated that is all. Works fine, looks OK and has a good tie to the country, but just know there is an alternate view on that is all.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 5:39 am
Company Representative - Bangkok.Grande Sukhumvit by Sheraton

Location: 250 Sukhumvit Soi 12-14, Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
Originally Posted by Central90210
Actually I don't find the elevators slow either, I actually find them to be quite fast.

I can also vouch for terrible key card access systems in some hotels' elevators (the ROS has one of the worst implementation, and you need a key card at any time of the day), but I have also encountered some systems that are very quick and seamless.

While I find SGS to be very safe, I do see the merits of enabling a key card system from 2300-0600 daily, in case any "bad hombres" sneak pass the watchful eyes of the security guards.
Dear Central 90210,

With regard to the access control in the elevators, yes, we are going ahead with this. However, the first phase is to upgrade the guestroom door locks to RFID. Once completed we will then install the access control system into the elevators. We have recently agreed terms for the RFID locksets. We hope to commence installation in September and once all 22 floors are complete, we then plan to go ahead with the access control system in the elevators.

With kind regards,
Richard Chapman
General Manager
Old Jun 15, 2017, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Richard, I see nothing wrong with the elevators, including their speed.
What I like about them is that one can correct a wrong button by pressing
it again to cancel the selection - more buildings should have this option.

And I also like the bathroom tiles - they are now an expected part of this
property.

But DO NOT install rain showers - or if you do make sure you maintain
the current ones as well.
Dear Iluvsq,

No worries we will not replace the hand shower unit with rain shower. Guests will have both options as in the suites right now.

With kind regards,
Richard Chapman
General Manager
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:27 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Richard, you are the best! +100

Any plans for in-room Tesla charging stations, a bungee jump experience from the roof into the pool, or touch pad ordering from each sun bed in the non-smoking area?

I miss you and the SGS so much. I'm glad they you were able to allay my fears with the contract renewal information.

Hope to be home again soon.

-Scho
Old Jun 19, 2017, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by schoflyer
Richard, you are the best! +100

Any plans for in-room Tesla charging stations, a bungee jump experience from the roof into the pool, or touch pad ordering from each sun bed in the non-smoking area?

I miss you and the SGS so much. I'm glad they you were able to allay my fears with the contract renewal information.

Hope to be home again soon.

-Scho
Dear Scho,

Look forward to welcoming you back.

With kind regards,
Richard Chapman
General Manager
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:13 pm

Great news regarding the elevators and rain showers, thanks for the updates, Richard!
Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by schoflyer
Any plans for ... touch pad ordering from each sun bed in the non-smoking area?
But you're usually in the Sala, where you only have to turn your head a bit.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Here now again and having a fabulous time. It's the little attention to details that make this property a real winner and our preferred stop in Bangkok. For the first time, after many stays here, all the benefits for plat members were properly explained to me so that it soaked into my head and they really are good and make us like the property even more.

Much needed rest here after a jaunt into Qatar at St. Regis Doha that was interesting but not relaxing to say the least.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by SHLTP
Much needed rest here after a jaunt into Qatar at St. Regis Doha that was interesting but not relaxing to say the least.
Just curious, in what way was it not relaxing? I've stayed there before and am there again next week. It's a lovely property. I've also heard (on FT and elsewhere) that things on the ground in Qatar are pretty much as normal.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I think Ramadan might be over by next week when you are there?

Things are running fairly normally but there definitely is a palpable sense of tension. I am glad I was just visiting and not living there full-time right now. As a guest to the country, you should be fine (food in restaurants was plentiful) unless there is a bigger escalation.

For me, staying there during Ramadan was not relaxing as everything was closed (only one restaurant open) and services limited. Many senior staff were on vacation that led to confusion on things to put it lightly... The main pool was closed for maintenance and I was not warned in advance...

I had some hardware and service fails (nothing that I want to complain about here) but that combined with Ramadan and the tension made the stay less than relaxing.

I would stay at St. Regis Doha again if I were in the area. But I would not stay there again during Ramadan
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:06 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by SHLTP
I think Ramadan might be over by next week when you are there?

I would stay at St. Regis Doha again if I were in the area. But I would not stay there again during Ramadan
Ramadan is already over! Eid al-Fitr 2017 is in full gear and began on the evening of Saturday, June 24 and ends on the evening of Tuesday, June 27, worldwide, I believe.

Thanks for the update.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:11 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Please keep the discussion on topic. I'm sure this who read the St Regis Doha thread would be very interested to hear more, but let's keep the discussion to the SGS.

Thanks,
yosithezet
Co-Moderator, SPG Forum
forumpersona999 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Just saw that my SNA was approved (first one ever!) for my stay at the SGS starting this Saturday. I have never been to Thailand before and am very excited - this thread helped me pick the SGS so hoping it lives up to the hype!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.