Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Another who has longer stays-usually 6 nights at a time.So only 23 stays but over 100 nights.
But we have had an upgrade to a named suite on a significant birthday.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Had a super short stay (<24 hours) in Bangkok a couple of weeks ago. We figured it was a good chance to try somewhere new, but at the last minute, we decided to stick with SGS and were glad we did. We had a very early flight so we had to leave the hotel before breakfast, but they graciously sent us with three boxed breakfasts that included coffee, oj, fruit, muffins, and sandwiches. It was kind of over the top and we almost felt uncomfortable pulling out our huge spread when we got to the airport.

Used an SNA and got a suite. Not sure if it was necessary as happy hour didn't seem as crowded as previous stays, but after 5 nights in a regular old room at Sheraton Singapore, it was a nice way to end the trip.

Funny note: I had forgotten how far our money went at Terminal 21 when we were there last year and I loaded 300 THB on a card when we went over for lunch. There were 3 of us and we were pretty hungry, but it was comical trying to order enough food to spend it all. In the end, we came pretty close.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 10:55 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
Funny note: I had forgotten how far our money went at Terminal 21 when we were there last year and I loaded 300 THB on a card when we went over for lunch. There were 3 of us and we were pretty hungry, but it was comical trying to order enough food to spend it all. In the end, we came pretty close.
You know you can refund the balance, yeah?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Good to know for next time, but where's the fun in that?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
Good to know for next time, but where's the fun in that?

We always cash out on the way out. So no need to try to figure out how much to load on the card. Just always load more than enough.

-David
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
I received nothing on my 60th stay.

And isn't a bit odd that they do the awards based on the number of stays and not the number of nights?

I can see basing it on stays for, let's say, the first 5 or 10 stays, but after that, basing it on the number of nights (which they track as well) seems to objectively make more sense.

Says the guy who stays a longer number of nights on each stay . . .

Lets not start bashing the system, as has been said, this is an unpublished system to reward their top customers, you might get a bottle of champagne at 25 stays, me at 10, or 75 or not at all. I am not sure why the need to critique, just enjoy the benefits, if you get them, but dont bank on it !!
Old Apr 6, 2017, 10:57 pm
Company Representative - Bangkok.Grande Sukhumvit by Sheraton

Location: 250 Sukhumvit Soi 12-14, Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
Dear Reviewers,

We truly value our frequent loyal guests such as yourselves. To recognize your loyalty, we provide vouchers as follows.
• 20th stay – Upgrade to a Luxury Suite
• 50th stay – Upgrade to the Raja or Rachada Suite
• 100th stay – Upgrade to the Rama Suite or Governor Suite (new) or Presidential Suite (when renovation complete. ETA July).

All the above are subject to availability when booking, but are guaranteed once confirmed.

I hope that above answers your questions. There are incidentally more awards on the 200th stay and more.

With kind regards and sincere thanks for your continuing support.

Richard Chapman
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:28 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Originally Posted by Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit Bangkok
Dear Reviewers,

We truly value our frequent loyal guests such as yourselves. To recognize your loyalty, we provide vouchers as follows.
• 20th stay – Upgrade to a Luxury Suite
• 50th stay – Upgrade to the Raja or Rachada Suite
• 100th stay – Upgrade to the Rama Suite or Governor Suite (new) or Presidential Suite (when renovation complete. ETA July).

All the above are subject to availability when booking, but are guaranteed once confirmed.

I hope that above answers your questions. There are incidentally more awards on the 200th stay and more.

With kind regards and sincere thanks for your continuing support.

Richard Chapman
Awesome Richard!
Sent my buddy Jason by last week. He was at the Marriott Marquis but I said he could not miss Sala. He enjoyed Sala, meeting you, and the living room for dinner. He was shocked that you knew me by name and were able to point out my sunbed He will be back.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:53 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Applying that same logic has resulted in airlines going to a revenue based system, replacing the BIS miles based system.
I think of it more as a miles or segments issue than a revenue based approach.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by yosithezet
But you probably have to refund the balance the same day. In at least one other mall with a similar system, the balance expires when the mall closes in the evening.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
But you probably have to refund the balance the same day. In at least one other mall with a similar system, the balance expires when the mall closes in the evening.
ALL the mall food courts require you to get the refund the same day.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
ALL the mall food courts require you to get the refund the same day.
wow, no wonder they want that system. I didn't know that.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 3:09 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
The card at Terminal 21 food court is valid for 30 days.We always buy one on our first day loaded with 500 baht and it usually lasts us the 6 days.We do eat elsewhere at times though.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
wow, no wonder they want that system. I didn't know that.
And you can imagine how much they make from people walking away from very small balances remaining on the card.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:42 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
stayed here for one night and missed the upgrade despite putting in a SNA. As I was arriving in the morning from a red eye flight around 9 am I put in for their VIP greeting at the airport. This was 4400 bahts, but 3800 for one person, which I was. It included getting greeted after the jetbridge, immigration expedited, and then wisked to a Mercedes.

Usually when I arrive I am at a remote gate with like a 10-15 minute walk to immigration so figured why not get the golf cart buggy and relax.

Much to my surprise my arrival gate was the exact one in front of immigration! haha.... then went throught expedited immigration (same as for Thai Air premuium passengers) and my baggage claim was exactly in front of me again! haha....

walked to the Mercedes and wifi was actually not very good, with it cutting in and out, which was another thing i was looking forward to. Although I did request some pastries and nuts in the car which were provided excellently. In the end probably a waste of money in my case.

I received a welcome letter that said it was my 2nd visit, although it most certainly was at least my 5th or so. No biggie. Rooms are in need of a refresh still, especially the bathrooms. The breakfast at Rossini's was good as I remember and Richard Chapman was walking around in the morning being his cheeful self as usual.

Great location certainly, but have always been reluctant to spend the extra 1500-2000 bahts over the WGS or 2500-3500 over the 4 points.

For a single traveler usually, just not worth the extra for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.