Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2016, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Couldn't get into Let's Relax...was able to walk into Urban Retreat. Was perfectly fine...nothing odd or anything; an acceptable massage but not amazing.

Next time Lavana for sure!
Old Nov 23, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Surprised no-one mentioned The King and I at the corner of Suk 12 in the
Korea-town mall. It is very legit, and while I have never been there, some
friends of mine who lived down Soi 12 used to frequent it a couple of times a week.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 5:08 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Surprised no-one mentioned The King and I at the corner of Suk 12 in the
Korea-town mall. It is very legit, and while I have never been there, some
friends of mine who lived down Soi 12 used to frequent it a couple of times a week.
I used to go there until they did away with the Royal Thai Massage which was a thai massage by masseuses who were apparently more professionally trained and thus less pain was involved. I was there once after that was taken off the menu and haven't been back.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 6:01 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Asian Herb massage is where I go with my wife an daughter. Japanese owned and they have I think 3 or 4 branches, also one in Hua Hin, excellent with many options, best is the Sawadee shop
Old Nov 23, 2016, 6:25 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by schoflyer
Could we agree on international class, David?
LOL yes, it is obviously all a matter of personal opinion anyway
Old Nov 26, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Originally Posted by vulle
We'll be arriving around 11am with hotel car from the airport and have requested an early check-in as we are traveling with our young daughter. Any idea of how big our chances are for the early check-in?
Early check-in at this and pretty much all properties worth their salt depends on the the previous day's occupancy. I've never had an issue with early check in at the SGS but I've chosen to opt for a room rather than the suite I was slotted into on occasion.

Obviously booking the "find your suite spot rate", you'll be wanting a suite which is more than likely fully occupied the night prior to arrival. You're going to be at the mercy of the Lady Luck. If there are suites checking out for early flights, there could very well be one cleaned and available at 11:00 in which case I believe the hotel would accommodate your check-in no questions asked.

The other nice thing about the SGS is they are very happy to "check you in" even if your room isn't ready. Make sure your swimsuits are accessible. After you check in, head for poolside lunch and kill a little time. Advise the front desk staff of your plans and ask them to come and get you as soon as your suite is ready. They will oblige. You'll also have access to the health club locker rooms and showers, wifi, a full bar and the ability to room charge.

For me, I just head to the pool as soon as I dump my bags in the room anyway so I have NEVER been disappointed when arriving early at the SGS.

-Scho
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Just checked in for my 10th stay at the SGS and was given a pen/USB/laser pointer as a gift. Nice little offering, although for me personally I have no use for it. For my 5th stay here if memory serves I received a USB light reader. Never used it.

Last week received a Le Meridien hat for my 5th stay at the Plaza Athenee. Wore it around the pool there and then tossed.

These gifts are a nice touch, but really have little value to me. I'd rather the hotel offer a choice of one of these gifts or either Starpoints or something else, perhaps a few drinks at the bar. I'd always choose the alternative. Best gift I got in BKK was a keychain from Hyatt that I got from my first stay. Other than that, these trinkets just offer little value.

No upgrade this stay (didn't expect one) and really don't care. Never been a fan of the split suites here anyway, I prefer large one room suites or living rooms that are more livable (like the Athenee or Le Meridien in BKK).

Still, looking forward to my stay, the pool, breakfast, some smooth jazz and much needed clean clothes via free laundry
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Just checked in for my 10th stay at the SGS and was given a pen/USB/laser pointer as a gift. Nice little offering, although for me personally I have no use for it. For my 5th stay here if memory serves I received a USB light reader. Never used it.
You just need to stay more.

The gifts get better the more times you stay. At various levels, there's a bottle of sparkling wine, free weekend night or two in a theme suite, etc. I agree that a pen or similar, while a nice gesture and memento, is of little practical use to me, personally. But at SGS as elsewhere, it is a nice gesture. Always nice to be appreciated and to know that one is recognized as a regular customer.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
But at SGS as elsewhere, it is a nice gesture. Always nice to be appreciated and to know that one is recognized as a regular customer.
Agree 100%. Definitely appreciate the gesture. Just saying I'd prefer a choice at these low levels. Generally these trinkets don't appeal to me and it feels wasteful to take one and never use or toss it. Not even the sort of thing you can donate to one outside who needs money.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:46 pm

On my 10th stay I received a tin of Tea bags.
Nothing that I can remember for my 5th though.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 3:35 am

Does anyone know if the hotel is still using [email protected] ? I sent them an email on November 24 and then a follow up email on November 29 asking whether they have received my Nov 24 email. I've heard nothing from them so far...
Old Dec 5, 2016, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Central90210
Does anyone know if the hotel is still using [email protected] ? I sent them an email on November 24 and then a follow up email on November 29 asking whether they have received my Nov 24 email. I've heard nothing from them so far...
yes, their email is [email protected]
Old Dec 5, 2016, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
You just need to stay more.

The gifts get better the more times you stay. At various levels, there's a bottle of sparkling wine, free weekend night or two in a theme suite, etc. I agree that a pen or similar, while a nice gesture and memento, is of little practical use to me, personally. But at SGS as elsewhere, it is a nice gesture. Always nice to be appreciated and to know that one is recognized as a regular customer.
I got a nice SGS-branded luggage tag on my 5th stay ^ I appreciated it and use it on my check-in bag.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I got a nice SGS-branded luggage tag on my 5th stay ^ I appreciated it and use it on my check-in bag.
Ha, I think that's what I got too! The USB light reader must've been from either the Westin Sukhumvit or the Le Meridien. Maybe it was the Royal Orchid? Hmmmmm. Darn memory! Didn't use it either. Would've preferred points or anything else really. I use my United status luggage tag instead.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
yes, their email is [email protected]
I'm fairly certain that this is the email of the Business Center. You send documents here if you want them printed.

Whom are you trying to contact? If you're not sure, try the Concierge desk, -- they'll make sure that your email is routed correctly. Email link to Concierge Desk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.