Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Warsaw, Poland

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Warsaw, Poland

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2008, 3:05 am

Programs: Intercontinental Ambassador
Westin/ Sheraton or Bristol

I have stayed at the Westin many a time and would highly recommend this property. As mentioned the executive club lounge was very pleasant and the young lady that has the day shift is really polite and courteous. My last stay was booked on points and I took the Westin Suite. The views were nice and the suite was OK. The bar JP's was relaxing and under the glass was a comfortable place to enjoy a fine malt.

Sheraton isn't really to my liking in comparison to the Westin although it does have that charachter associated with the Sheraton's. The club floor is good, but no comparrison to that of the Westin - although for a leisure trip is well positioned on Plac Trzech Krzyzy.

Bristol is old school charm - haven't stayed here for quite a while although reading from other people's posts it really is a shame that it hasn't been updated. This property may benefit from the Starwood takeover as a refurished property it would be a gem in Warsaw.

Although I have now switched to the Intercontinental property which in my opinion outshines all three.

Good Luck with your stay in Warsaw.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 4:10 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by marek-uk
Although I have now switched to the Intercontinental property which in my opinion outshines all three.
I would also agree with this assessment, and although I also like the Hilton, the IC is usually my choice among these hotels :
1. IC best overall
2. Hilton (ahead of the Westin because of its nice swimming pool, otherwise it would be the Westin)
3. Westin very good overall
4. Sheraton (for its location, lounge and restaurants) / Bristol (for its location, swimming pool and restaurants), but both disappointing properties overall
Old Jan 2, 2008, 7:13 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
sheraton

hi,

i had a booking at the sheraton and the hotel is awful!

we were at the hilton , but i had to do one more stay for a promo to get 10k points. so i went to the sheraton and checked out the jun. suite .

it was awful. i would rate the room worse than the LM pacific tokyo , if you know the hotel.

old, old old.

westin or hilton it is.

the staff at the hilton is excellent and the lounge was great.

dp
Old Jan 30, 2008, 5:08 am

Programs: aeroplan starwood
Thumbs up

I do agree that the Westin is better I spent 2 weeks in warsaw 1 at the Sheraton and another one at the Westin and I would return to the Westin no questions asked. Their lounge is top of the line, US Westin hotels should learn from the Westin Warsaw.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
I do not agree at all with the negative assessment of the Sheraton Warsaw. I had a fantastic stay there on the club level. The staff were overwhelmingly pleasant and helpful. In fact, I lost the charger for my camera battery and one of the receptionists did a thorough internet search to find the best price for a replacement. Nonetheless, I do agree that the Bristol has a better location for tourist purposes.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 10:31 pm

Programs: UAL 1K, SPG Plat, SW, BW, PH
Starwood Warsaw choices

I'm SPG-Plat. I'll be in Warsaw April 2-4, 6-9 2009
Sheraton, Westin and Le Meridien are the options.

My needs: Near train station; club room(!); real (modern/updated) fitness equip, (steam/sauna/jacquz); and complimentary computer (clubroom?) to avoid bringing a laptop. Also, clean and quiet room. I don't care about the breakfasts.

I'm not going for touristy reasons. I'm doing research and work, and, I'll have a guide/translator.

I'm leaning towards the Westin, then the Sheraton, followed by the Le Meridien. Using the SPG search tool with amenties, only Le Mer lists a club room, but, I know the Sheraton has one. Same issues with fitness too.
Reviews on TripAdvisor lineup that way too.

Promo rates are incredible, and, with the PLN lowering, it's a deal at any of them.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 11:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Have you looked at the Master Thread for either the Westin and the Sheraton?

I'm sure they will be of help along with the thread listed below.
Westin or Sheraton - Warsaw?

No recent information, but hopefully someone will come along and comment
Meridien Bristol Warsaw?

Old Mar 15, 2009, 1:35 pm

Master Threads last posts were over 2.5 years ago!

Last posts in threads for Westin and Sheraton are old.
Yes, there is a Le Meridien Bristol (SPG) in Warszawa now.

I'm likely going for the Westin.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 1:42 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by OaklandTraveler

I'd recommend the Westin from past experience.

- Easy enough to walk to the main train station.
- Has club rooms and a club lounge with internet. (Club lounge was pretty decent)
- Modern fitness equipment, but not sure on the steam room part.
- Rooms are modern and clean.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 1:50 pm

Programs: PC Plat Amb, Miles&More Sen, AF/KLM Gold, SPG Plat
Last posts in threads for Westin and Sheraton are old.
Yes, there is a Le Meridien Bristol (SPG) in Warszawa now.

I my opinion the Westin is the best option.
This hotel is near train station; Have club room with snacks afternoon and breakfast morning. There is a computer in club lounge. Rooms are clean and quiet.
Regards,
ddoliwa
Old Mar 15, 2009, 2:13 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I would also go for the Westin, given your requirements.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Another vote for the Westin. I had a nice stay there 2 years ago. Very modern, nice Club and I was upgraded to a nice suite.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Certainly not the Sheraton. I would go for the LM, however is has no lounge and it is an a more touristy location.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 8:04 pm

It's the Warszawa Wschodnia station, not Warszawa Central that I need to commute from.
I mapped this out from Westin, about 20mins by car.

Westin has the best location overall, and the feedback on FT has been great.

The Le Med has some photos, but, it looks like an awful place. I don't need the touristy access.

I'll be back in May, so, it's good to know the options.

Thanks to all that replied!
Old Mar 16, 2009, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Westin has the best location overall
Sure, it is in a location that requires a taxi to almost every place. However, taxis are bloddy cheap, so you might not care. The hotel is very US style and a typical modern hotel. And if you prefer a hotel lounge to a real city center and prefer free booze in a hotel lounge to cheap booze in a local open restaurant, the Westin is perfect.

The Le Med has some photos, but, it looks like an awful place.
As a matter of personal interest: How do you define an "awful place"? Sure, if you prefer what I call "plastic cup hotels" and consider a grand hotel hotel as an "awful place", you are certainly right. However, the LM is certainly one of "the" places to go and a wonderful hotel withe the best suites (not what a Westin calls a suite) in Warsaw in one of of the most central locations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.