Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Warsaw, Poland

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Warsaw, Poland

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2006, 7:45 pm

Programs: V-Flyer Black
Best *Wood Property in Warsaw

I am going to Warsaw shortly. I was wondering what the experts here have to say here! So what is the best hotel in Warsaw?
Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:54 pm

Programs: PC Plat Amb, Miles&More Sen, AF/KLM Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by PimpNumOne
I am going to Warsaw shortly. I was wondering what the experts here have to say here! So what is the best hotel in Warsaw?
Hi,

You can find information about Sheraton and Westin in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...6&page=1&pp=15

Hotel's www:
http://www.sheraton.com.pl/en/hotel.php
http://www.westin.pl/en/hotel.php

Nice trip to Poland.
Old May 5, 2007, 7:59 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K
Westin or Sheraton - Warsaw?

I'm going to be in Warsaw for a couple of day in mid jun (not a weekend) and was wondering if I should stay at the westin or the sheraton in Warsaw, Poland.
I'm not there on work and will be with my wife and one year old son. The purpose of the trip is to hang out and see the city... basic tourism.

I've never been to Poland before so I'm not sure of the exact location in relation to other activities. I did read that the westin is a better hotel and is in the business district. The sheraton description on the spg.com site said that it is centrally located.

I'll be taking the train in and out so some proximity to the station isn't a bad thing. Obviously being walking difference to the centre of the city is a big plus.

any thoughts ?
Old May 5, 2007, 8:36 am

Check out the Le Meridien Hotel Bristol instead. It is a beautiful and historic hotel near the edge of the old town and walking distance to the top tourist spots. For a leisure trip, its location is ideal and the hotel itself is great. I highly recommend it.
Old May 5, 2007, 10:32 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K
Originally Posted by TravelingWookiee
Check out the Le Meridien Hotel Bristol instead. It is a beautiful and historic hotel near the edge of the old town and walking distance to the top tourist spots. For a leisure trip, its location is ideal and the hotel itself is great. I highly recommend it.
I'll check it out.. Both the other two (westin and sheraton) are on the cash & points program so the price is unbeatable though. Any thoughts on them?
Old May 5, 2007, 10:37 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I tried the three last year. If the choice is between the Westin and the Sheraton, I would probably go for the Westin which is very modern and closer to the old town than the Sheraton, which I would not rate as being centrally located.
Old May 5, 2007, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Karan97
I'll check it out.. Both the other two (westin and sheraton) are on the cash & points program so the price is unbeatable though. Any thoughts on them?
I would say neither nor, too. The LM is unbeatable location and stylewise. Both, Westin and Sheraton are typical US places, the LM is very much old world.
Old May 5, 2007, 6:29 pm

I've managed to get very good prices at the LM Hotel Bristol in the past, so you may want to try that. It may turn into a better deal for you than Cash & Points. And since it's a Category 3 Hotel, it'll only 7000 points if you just use points.

One final bit for your consideration: Warsaw was almost completely destroyed in WWII and the area around the Hotel Bristol is one of the few to have successfully recaptured its classic look. On the other hand, the business district (other than very new buildings) is much more similar to communist era architecture (even after nearly two decades of improvements). If you're going for leisure, the atmosphere around the Hotel Bristol is infinitely nicer in my opinion.
Old May 12, 2007, 8:45 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
my two cents...

The Westin, definitely. Try to get a corner room, they're better than the Executive ones. The lounge is good and stocked with sushi and prosecco

I have a special kind of hatred for Le Bristol, which I think is an over-rated, depressing and poorly staffed pretentious dump. The lounge especially is worth the trip alone. It will cost you 35 euros to find yourself ensconsed in a blind box with one computer and orchestral Muzak, but according to their on-site promo it's the pinnacle of refinment and luxury.

To think that I have been there twice (not in the Lounge though, one must retain one's pride!). Still... how foolish was I?
Old May 12, 2007, 8:53 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
The Le Meridien is more centrally located for most tourist activities, but I really did enjoy the Westin. As a Plat I got upgraded to a very good sized two-room suite (including free internet access), and of course lounge access. A great stay for around ~75 Euros/night.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Avoid Bristol

Originally Posted by ericj
The Westin, definitely. Try to get a corner room, they're better than the Executive ones. The lounge is good and stocked with sushi and prosecco

I have a special kind of hatred for Le Bristol, which I think is an over-rated, depressing and poorly staffed pretentious dump. The lounge especially is worth the trip alone. It will cost you 35 euros to find yourself ensconsed in a blind box with one computer and orchestral Muzak, but according to their on-site promo it's the pinnacle of refinment and luxury.

To think that I have been there twice (not in the Lounge though, one must retain one's pride!). Still... how foolish was I?
Wow!! 100% what I think of the Bristol. I just don't get what people see in the place. A couple of years ago I saw a hotel that was frayed around the edges and in need of a refresh. Beds were substandard and the iron, which only came after I asked had a frayed cord Not luxury in my mind. The Lounge has no windows!

The Westin was awesome and on Exec floors featured Molton Brown as well
Old Oct 30, 2007, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now for a vote in the other direction
I like the Sheraton Warsaw because:
Staff are very professional and friendly
Someplace Else (the pub) is pleasant for a drink after work
The Asian restaurant is pretty good
Club Levels are excellent
View of the park is nice
You are not THAT far from anything anyway in Warsaw. A taxi wherever you want to go is cheap and easy, and even to walk from the Shearton to the Old Town is 20 minutes max (maybe less).
The area of town the Sheraton in is much nicer.
Also, they tend to be quite kind with upgrades at this hotel.

Bristol, I have to agree with the other posters: overpriced, not that great at all.

Westin: I don't like the location as well, but to each their own I guess.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1.95 MM, SPG gld
my two zloty worth..

We stayed at the LM Bristol for two nights this past July. We had an "Executive Room" on the "Endless Weekend" rate of 109 Euros/nt.. not incl. the 7% tax or breakfast. Stupidly, we accepted the 35 Euro/nt continental breakfast/use of lounge add-on (which they push at check-in), which was a complete waste. The lounge is, as others noted, a windowless grim room, and the breakfast is pretty marginal. Across the street from the hotel are several choices for excellent breakfasts at local prices.

But except for that mistake, we did enjoy our stay there. Yes, very old-world, but we thought the room and most of the common areas to be in great shape. The room was quite large, and the bed fantastic.. plus great linens, robes, toiletries. The lobby bar, and restaurants, while expensive, were very nice and service was exceptional. And the location is the BEST-- just a few blocks walk to everything.

If you can pick up a good rate, it may be a much better deal than cash and points at the other two.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 5:48 pm

I have been to both.
The answer is it depends.
the Sheraton is between all the embassies and the beautiful old town.
Lots of nice small restaurants, shops, and lovely walks in that area.
My favorite night club in Warsaw was near there too.

The Westin is downtown, near many other hotels. This is great if you are meeting people from those hotels.

The interiors are both nice. The Westin is hipper/younger.
The Sheraton is classier/traditional.
The Sheraton has a great bar/restaurant that caters to US tastes.
After spending a month in Poland, it was kind of nice to be able to get a big burger and steak fries while a live band belts out classic rock tunes.

The gyms in both hotels are about on par. The Westin's is more modern, but if you like free weights, the Sheraton may be better as there was more room in that gym.

You can't go wrong with either hotel.

-W
Old Oct 31, 2007, 9:51 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by ericj

I am afraid I agree with all these comments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.