Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Warsaw, Poland

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Warsaw, Poland

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2009, 10:10 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Stayed at the Westin for four days last week, would certainly recommend it over both Le Meridien Bristol and Sheraton. Paid the ridiculous low rate of 180 PLN per night, due to the 40% off Starwood promo. The hotel is located in the centre of town, an easy 10 minute walk from the central station.

Stayed in a standard room, so can't comment on the club facilities. They are on the top floors of the hotel though. A shiny and new hotel, everything in working order. Room was clean and fresh, heavenly bath and bed. In-room internet was expensive though, 80 PLN per 24 hours = 20 EUR. Free wifi in the lobby though.

Having visited Warsaw on a number of occasions, the InterContinental are my favourite. The Westin sails up as number two - and by far the best Starwood property.

Recommended.

Last edited by skrosvik; Mar 16, 2009 at 10:51 am
Old Mar 16, 2009, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA, SPG
skrosvic--Using the 40% off for a stay May 10-15, I'm getting PLN $417.
Oakland Traveler - what great promotional rates?

What do you guys know that I don't?
Old Jul 24, 2009, 7:25 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
I've been very impressed with LRM Bristol and have to diasgree with many other posters. I will say that the hotel has a wide range of rooms, and it is only great if you a get a get great room. The hotel is old world style, with old world luxury. In particular, I find the staff to be extremely responsive and helpful -- consistent with the standard of a small luxury hotel. Also, the linens, beds, furnishings are very luxurious. It reminds me of a fine hotel in Paris which would cost 2-3x more. Caveat: I haven't been there in 3-4 years...I can see that the rooms would be getting a little tired, unless they have been renovated. And, I wouldn't stay there unless I was going to be in a large room/suite. They have some tiny closet sized rooms which are terrible. However, with all that as background, I may stay at the Westin one night and the Sheraton another on my pending trip next week, or the Hyatt, which is also very nice.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 2:34 pm

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
Good hotel in Warsaw, Poland?

Hello there,
need a good hotel in warschau, not to expensive...used to stay there in the IC and hyatt, any other good option?
Old Mar 30, 2010, 2:41 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by 24Yukon24
Hello there,
need a good hotel in warschau, not to expensive...used to stay there in the IC and hyatt, any other good option?
These threads would help perhaps?

Warsaw - Westin
Warsaw - Sheraton
Warsaw - Le Meridien Bristol
Warsaw - which Starwood property?

In this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...read-list.html

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Mar 30, 2010, 3:36 pm

Programs: LH, KLM, BA
Originally Posted by 24Yukon24
Hello there,
I can recommend the Westin. Newish hotel, well stocked bar and very nice rooms.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Stayed at the Westin Warsaw last week for a few days. It's a nice hotel that's modern and still feels new. As others have commented it has all the features one would expect from a Westin with respect to Heavenly Sleep, Heavenly Bath etc.

I was there as a tourist though and for sheer convenience of location I do think the Meridien would be a better bet as it's closest to the standard tourist stuff. For those who are so inclined though, the Westin is very close to a large and very modern shopping mall.

Breakfast at the Westin was a relatively steep 99 PLN. Wireless internet in the lobby was not free but was if you bought something at the bar. Poland has yet to catch onto non-smoking policies so smoking in the bar & restaurant is still allowed. I would therefore assume that there are smoking rooms in the hotel as well. I found the restaurant / bar smoking to be annoying during meal times but that's probably because I've become so accustomed to no smoking everywhere else now.

My only very minor quibble is that the ice machine on my floor was very slow. Obviously though, I lived to tell the tale.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA-1K/GS, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by RCyyz
Stayed at the Westin Warsaw last week for a few days. It's a nice hotel that's modern and still feels new. As others have commented it has all the features one would expect from a Westin with respect to Heavenly Sleep, Heavenly Bath etc.

I was there as a tourist though and for sheer convenience of location I do think the Meridien would be a better bet as it's closest to the standard tourist stuff. For those who are so inclined though, the Westin is very close to a large and very modern shopping mall.

Breakfast at the Westin was a relatively steep 99 PLN. Wireless internet in the lobby was not free but was if you bought something at the bar. Poland has yet to catch onto non-smoking policies so smoking in the bar & restaurant is still allowed. I would therefore assume that there are smoking rooms in the hotel as well. I found the restaurant / bar smoking to be annoying during meal times but that's probably because I've become so accustomed to no smoking everywhere else now.

My only very minor quibble is that the ice machine on my floor was very slow. Obviously though, I lived to tell the tale.
Breakfast at the LM was about the same cost, but free if Plat. I watch some TV at night and the LM had NO English channels except for CNN and ESPN. Westin had English HBO. Sodas at both places was outrageous at 18 PLN per drink. Much much cheaper to buy them at a close store.

Agree, LM is great in that you can walk to old town and there are some great restaurants right there.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 7:07 pm

We just returned from a Starwood tour of Poland and would like to add our review to what already has been posted. I slightly over 2 weeks, we stayed at all Starwood hotels in Poland from 2 to 4 days, and I began with am ambitious plan to issue a thorough report of our stay at each property. However, after posting the first two reports of our stays and finding that they were not send on to this board from the computers in the lounge at these properties, I decided not to continue these reports. Below are our reviews: although this thread is about Warsaw hotels, our reviews were that the best (Sopot), and the bottom ranking hotel (Krakow) were not in Warsaw. Let us be very clear: all these properties are very good and the choice of one property in Warsaw over another depends on the overall needs of the guest staying at these properties. All properties were manned by staff we rated as superb (except one employee at the Sheraton). These properties all offer superb value for the $$$ spent. Also we stayed only one time at each of these properties and our views of the rooms we obtained were reflected in how full the hotel was, and how well each hotel was able to exceed our expectations The following were our ranking of these three properties and some of their strengths and weaknesses:

1. Westin. A surprise to us as well, as we thought that this property would not rate as well, but we thought it was tops. Our room was the top room we received in the three hotels, as we were on the top floor, one floor above the club, and we had a superb suite. Here the club is first rate, with fine breakfasts, as we chose to eat here, rather than in the main dining room in the lobby. Upon realizing that we were about to take the train to Krakow, the staff person brought out a plastic doggie bag and suggested we take some snacks for the train. We give the staff here our top score for their hard work on our behalf-not to be outdone, we also rated the concierge and front desk staff as most concerned about their guests. So, top room, staff, and club staff. Needless to say, we were recognized as Platinum and offered everything we expected. For those who have business nearby, or who are looking to take the train, this hotel is a must.

Downside-this hotel is not located in a neighborhood where there is lots of foot traffic at night, nor are there lots of good restaurants nearby.

2. Le Meridien. Comes in as a close #2 for us, based on the suite (our sitting room was in fact an office), the concierge, and the neighborhood. For example, the concierge recommended a restaurant that was across the street that was excellent, and another restaurant (Belvedere) provided the best dinner we had while in Poland. Lots of activity in the neighborhood including the house where Chopin lived as a child, the church were Chopin's heart is located, and the coffee house where Chopin spent much of his time. The old town is a 5 minute walk up the street through streets crowed with people. This hotel was once owned by Pawdereski and the suite across the hall from our suite was named after the hotel's famous owner. Lots of old charm, and a hotel that many consider has the best reputation in Warsaw. Their new steam room was the best of the 3 hotels by far.

Downside: My wife always comments on the bath, and she immediately noted the black mold on the grout in the bathroom. (Once she saw that, she would be very unlikely to return to a hotel). Also there is no club, but the hotel does provide breakfast in a superb dining room, and gave us a coupon for a drink (yes a single drink between both of us) in the bar. When we went to the bar and I plunked down out voucher with 2 names on it for a drink, I was asked if each of us wanted half a drink or one of us wanted the complimentary drink, and the other of us wanted to pay for a drink. We chose the latter, then talked to the desk clerk about the offer of half a drink--he told me he would check on it with the bartender, and I asked that if he was able to confirm that we indeed were offered half-drinks, he would need to credit our bill for the second drink. I never heard back from him, nor did he remove the charge for the second drink (or succeeding drinks) from our account. On one occasion when we were out to dinner, we made arrangements for the hotel car service to pick us up, but when we called, they were not available, but rather dispatched the Sofitiel car service to fetch us back to the Le Meridien--a small point, but not what we were promised.

Overall a strong #2, and certainly this hotel would be rated #1 by those who like lots of action in their neighborhood.

3. Sheraton came in a distant #3 for us, and the one employee who did not provide superior service worked at this hotel's front desk. The room was the smallest of the 3, and although we were told we were upgraded, we still found the room nothing special as we were not given a suite. We were located in the back of the hotel on the second floor, and on Monday AM, the garbage truck came up pick up the garbage for the weekend. From 5 to 6 AM, we heard one crash, another bang, and then a woosh from each of the dumpsters being emptied into the truck. Neither one of us could sleep with all the noise directly below us (we usually sleep in our NYC loft with the window open and are not disturbed by the noise). A plus was the club lounge which served a fine breakfast and supported a popular cocktail hour with the best Polish vodka in the 6 properties we stayed at. Another issue was that we did not have our bonus points post to my account, although I clearly had asked and had signed that I wanted the 500 bonus points. One of the strengths were the male lounge staff who recommended a restaurant (Ale Gloria) directly across the park in front of the hotel.

Overall, each hotel provided good value and fulfilled our expectations overall. Perhaps on our next stay, we would rank these three properties in another order based on the choice of a room we received. Needless to say, I am sure that almost all of us would be pleased with any one of the hotels.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 11:40 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Priority Club Platinum, HHonors Gold VIP
Both Sheraton and Westin are very good hotels. Rooms are spacious and well decorated and the staff in both properties are very polite and helpfull. I give just a slight difference ahead to Westin since it's a new hotel, more contemporary and more to my taste.

Nevertheless, I was extremely happy with both!
Old Nov 4, 2010, 8:01 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Lifetime Plat, AV Diamond
stayed at the westin a few years back

and thoroughly enjoyed it... it was a reward stay - upgraded room, close to trams and walkable to many different spots/museums, mind you we had no idea where we were going (picture two Caribbean boys walking around poland)... it was fun and ^^

Also the taxi to the airport was better than what we negotiated on the way in... LOL
Old Nov 28, 2010, 4:47 pm

Programs: Cathay Marco Polo, AF/KLM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, others
Chance of an upgrade

Which of the hotels (Westin versus Sheraton) has the best chance of an upgrade/club access while booking a standard room (for an SPG Plat)?
I have to choose between the Starwood properties and the Hilton (where, as an HH Diamond I will have club access and most of the time an UG to exec floor).
Old Nov 30, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: FB platinum, SPG platinum, Hertz PC
I had an upgrade to presidential suite a the Westin. That's a very good place.
At the Bristol, I had a triple upgrade. This place is charming and better located than the westin. I would go for the Bristol.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How far is Westin from Bristol? Is there an easy way to move between the two?
Old Oct 22, 2011, 7:44 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I find the Bristol to be a bit dingy. If you're going for sightseeing and stuff then the Bristol have the best location. However, Westin have a good location too. 8 minutes walking to the mall and maybe 20 minute walking to the Old Town (and the Bristol). Besides Westin have an executive lounge, Bristol have not. Bus from the airport stop right outside the Bristol, compared to the 10 minute walk from nearest bus stop to the Westin (the train station).

My number once choice in Warsaw is Westin.

I dont think there are any public transport directly between the two hotels, but you can always walk (20 min) if you have light luggage, or take the tram from the Westin to the train station and change for a bus to the Bristol there. Or just take a cab.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.