Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Warsaw, Poland

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Warsaw, Poland

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2013, 10:30 pm

Would anyone have any recent updates on Starwood properties in Warsaw?
Am thinking of going as a tourist and trying to do a bit of mattress run as well (Bristol – Sheraton – Westin) before heading off to Krakow and flying off to Helsinki.. but that’s another story.

Is the Westin still the #1 choice for most plats? Am also wondering if anyone can comment on the quality of the evening happy hour at the lounges in Westin & the Sheraton.
Thanks much in advance!
Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:58 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by jaejaez
Would anyone have any recent updates on Starwood properties in Warsaw?
Am thinking of going as a tourist and trying to do a bit of mattress run as well (Bristol – Sheraton – Westin) before heading off to Krakow and flying off to Helsinki.. but that’s another story.

Is the Westin still the #1 choice for most plats? Am also wondering if anyone can comment on the quality of the evening happy hour at the lounges in Westin & the Sheraton.
Thanks much in advance!
The Bristol is a fantastic hotel, so be sure to finish there. It's now been completely refurbished. The Westin has really nice rooms and is a nice enough building but the area itself isn't very interesting. The lounge is rather small, tables are set too close to each other but it has nice views.

Happy to hear you're coming to HEL!
Old Apr 1, 2013, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
The Bristol is a fantastic hotel, so be sure to finish there. It's now been completely refurbished. The Westin has really nice rooms and is a nice enough building but the area itself isn't very interesting. The lounge is rather small, tables are set too close to each other but it has nice views.

Happy to hear you're coming to HEL!
Thanks RemyMartin – will be sure to finish off at the Bristol.
I take it you have not had experiences at the Sheraton? The rates are very attractive though it does seem to be further away from the old town – I would probably only really consider it if the quality of service/rooms is up to scratch. Any insights would be appreciated.

Looking forward to Helsinki too! ^
Old Apr 1, 2013, 6:02 am

Programs: SPG LTP
Hello,

Multiple stays at both Sheraton & Westin here (not at Bristol): both very much on par in terms of quality, service, lounge offerings ... no need to worry in either case !

Personally slight preference for Westin (general atmosphere of hotel - very subjective there), and relatively speaking they have a larger % of suites so somewhat better chance of an upgrade.

You're right in terms of location: only Bristol is really in centre, both Westin and Sheraton will require a bit of a walk. Equally far from centre by the way, just coming from different directions (both are nice walks though, at least for me this was no drawback for either hotel).

Enjoy Warsaw, really great & vibrant city !
Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:17 am

Forget Westin, only Sheraton W-wa.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:27 am

I haven't stayed at the Sheraton, but find the location much more interesting than where the Westin is located! I don't think you can go wrong with any one of these! ^
Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:47 am

Programs: BONVOY Lifetime Platinum , Ay Platinum, Hhonors Diamond
Originally Posted by remymartin
I haven't stayed at the Sheraton, but find the location much more interesting than where the Westin is located! I don't think you can go wrong with any one of these! ^
Having stayed in everyone of these starwood hotels i too can verify that you really cannot go wrong in Warsaw. Bristol lacks a lounge but exceeds others slightly by hotel standards. Westin has a nice modern style in rooms as sheraton is bit more old-fashioned. Westin lounge had nice evening hors d'oeuvres with beautiful views. Cannot remember what sheraton had, but can confirm this after next weekend when staying there again.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 4:14 pm

- Westin lounge beautiful views ?! I don't think
- Westin lounge seats, try and write later your opinion
- Westin after 10pm you can't do nothing
- Westin terrible brekfest offer
- Westin PLT suites, very small corner two rooms
- Westin good for BRG
Old Apr 2, 2013, 7:46 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Red4Point
- Westin good for BRG
I disagree. Westin is the best hotel overall IMO. The lounge offerings at the Sheraton are slightly better, but I do like the lounge at the Westin, I love the employees and the location. I like the design of the hotel better than the Sheraton as well. I find the Sheraton to be slightly outdated and dark and gloomy. And I still think the Westin PLT suite is way better than the PLT suite at the Sheraton, which usually is a junior suite and just one big room. I have always received a suite at the Westin. I have been denied at the Sheraton even though there was availability online. It is still a great hotel though, but still I have this love for Westin. Westin have very small bathrooms though, even in the suites.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by skrosvik
I disagree. Westin is the best hotel overall IMO. The lounge offerings at the Sheraton are slightly better, but I do like the lounge at the Westin, I love the employees and the location. I like the design of the hotel better than the Sheraton as well. I find the Sheraton to be slightly outdated and dark and gloomy. And I still think the Westin PLT suite is way better than the PLT suite at the Sheraton, which usually is a junior suite and just one big room. I have always received a suite at the Westin. I have been denied at the Sheraton even though there was availability online. It is still a great hotel though, but still I have this love for Westin. Westin have very small bathrooms though, even in the suites.
If one compares the outdated Sheraton to the Westin, the Westin is certainly the better hotel. However, the Bristol still is the best hotel overall.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Red4Point
- Westin good for BRG
Westin lets you have breakfast in the restaurant which I thought was excellent.

Prices are much better at Sheraton and Westin if you pay your own hotel bills like me. Also BRGs are easy to find.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:05 am

Looking to pop into WAW very briefly on a late flight. The surroundings aren't great around the Westin and are pretty decent around Le Bristol. But what about the Sheraton? Are there any bars / restaurants open past midnight in that area?
Old Jul 18, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
The Bristol is at a great price on Hot Escapes right now.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:54 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
From the Bristol, it's about a 10 minute walk to the old town square.

Lots of patio restaurants in that area. Unknown if their kitchens will be open at midnight however.

I'd probably stay here regardless.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 3:36 am

I'm waiting for my confirmation number from the Sheraton. Were I travelling alone, I would definitely do Le Bristol, but it is, sadly, a bit too posh for this trip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.