Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Warsaw, Poland

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Warsaw, Poland

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2004, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Westin was not opened when I last visited Warsaw, so Sheraton was where I stayed and had a good experience. As noted, it is more centrally located around the corner from the art gallery, a couple of parks, and within walking distance of most major sites, the main RR stations, etc. It can also be reached easily just taking the city bus from the airport, get off one stop after the RR station and walk down a block past an historic church across the square from the hotel. From here, I could walk into the Old Town, as well as most other sites worth seeing.
Old Jul 1, 2004, 8:36 am

Stayed at the Westin twice within last two weeks, one stay cash & points, one paid (90€!! for weekend night). As a Plat I was upgraded both times to the same suite. Excellent service and extraordinary friendly staff throughout the hotel.

In the lounge you are very lonely most of the time.

Nobody has mentioned the excellent gym so far, which has the best equipment I have seen in any hotel for a long time. Stayed at the Sheraton before which is ok but if there is a choice I would always prefer the Westin.
Old Jul 11, 2004, 10:47 am

Have stayed at the Sheraton a number of times, and as Platinum have never gotten a suite, but have always gotten fine Smart rooms on lower floors with club access programmed in the key card. Since the rate I book has breakfast, I eat at it at the restaurant where Monika makes a mean omelette and the buffet has a great variety.

Bar has Guinness on tap.

Restaurant has the best salmon I've found in years.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 1:07 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, LH Senator, UA Premier Executive, RG Diamante
Warsaw - Sheraton or Westin ?

Staying in Warsaw 2 nights on business next May.

Any recommendations : Sheraton or Westin ?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 2:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Originally Posted by rserson
Staying in Warsaw 2 nights on business next May.

Any recommendations : Sheraton or Westin ?

Thanks in advance.
The Westin is a modern luxury hotel, executive rooms are perfect, though rather small. Ask for a cornerroom on the high floors, you will have a great view. Nice modern lounge. Public areas are modern and classy. Service is perfect and friendly.

The Sheraton is more a classic hotel, nice tower lounge. Not a very special hotel. Did not get any upgrades to a special room. Location is very central. Service was not so friendly.

I would recommend the Westin.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Le Royal Meridien Bristol

Beautiful hotel!
Old Apr 13, 2005, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I liked the area around the Sheraton better, and I did get a room upgrade there as a Gold. Still not a large room. They were nice at both the Westin and Sheraton.
Old Jun 11, 2005, 9:31 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Warsaw: Sheraton or Westin?

Booked the Sheraton for a two night stay end of July. Should I switch to the Westin? Any one having stayed to both properties with insight?
Thanks
Old Jun 11, 2005, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Originally Posted by thierry
Booked the Sheraton for a two night stay end of July. Should I switch to the Westin? Any one having stayed to both properties with insight?
Thanks
Before someone pipes in to tell you to use SEARCH, I'll add my 2cents. The Sheraton is closer to the main tourist attractions, and is very nice--but just your usual Sheraton (granted it does have a great lounge with good food/drinks). The Westin is very new and a bit further from the main part of town. Also the Westin is more "W" in appearance-- very trendy and modern and while the Sheraton is not 'old style', it is more in keeping with the general style of Starwoods of 5 or so years ago. I found the Westin to be more of my own personal style, it is also closer to the old Jewish quarter (which was totally destroyed during the war), When I was there 2 years ago, the Westin had just opened, and the staff was trying very hard to accomodate. Going back again, if I had only one night I would probably stay at the Westin, but being the 'stays' grabber that I am, if I had 2 nights in WAW, I'd again do both the Sheraton & the Westin.
PS- If you are also planing on going to Krakow, there is a new Sheraton that opened there last year, right along the river and next to the Wavel castle
Old Jun 12, 2005, 6:11 am

Why not consider the Marriott? I have been there, and I honestly recommend it.
Old Jun 12, 2005, 7:53 am
ewj

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG PLAT, NWA Plat
I go to WAW 2-3 times a year. I usually stay at the Westin. It is one of the most secure hotels in the world. It host lots of international events, was there a few weeks ago when an EU Finance Leaders was taking place. While it is on one of the main drag (think the last Pope) and close to some fine eating/drinking places the Sheraton is a happening place on weekend and is in a more residential place. Sheraton is more Europeon/Cozy style hotel. It bar is a great time on a weekend night.

The Marriot is really for folks who want to be around USA/GB people the whole time. It is like you never left the USA, with it bars and clothing shops, etc.

If you plan to take public transportation (which I encourage) then Marriot or Westin is the place. If you plan taxi's teh Sheratona bd Westin will get you better service. BTW, the hotel taxis are more expensive then the local companies. You can ask the doorman to get a local taxi and they will.

Both the Sherton and Westin will have a car waiting for you at the airport for 50 zl. Well worth after a long flight.
Old Jun 12, 2005, 10:50 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by OS-A330
Why not consider the Marriott? I have been there, and I honestly recommend it.
You are not serious, are you? The Sheraton and Westin are so much better than the Marriott.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 10:56 am

Does the Marriott have a seperate shower?
Is the Westin or Marriott within walking distance of Old Town?
Old Jul 13, 2005, 11:09 am

Programs: BA GGL (LTG), Marriott LT Titanium, EK Plat, Amex Cent
I am in the Westin Warsaw on 25 July for the night, so looking forward to trying it out. Any comments on Plat upgrades?
Old Jul 13, 2005, 9:13 pm
ewj

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG PLAT, NWA Plat
Originally Posted by nimeta
I am in the Westin Warsaw on 25 July for the night, so looking forward to trying it out. Any comments on Plat upgrades?

It is the most secure hotel in Eastern Europe. There is a great Italian place down the street. Great bar across the street. There is even a TGI Fridays 1 block away where a bunch of ex-pats hang out.

Plats get good upgrades without asking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.