Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel (was Sheraton NY Hotel & Towers) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel (was Sheraton NY Hotel & Towers) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2022, 6:23 pm

It is very sorry to hear this property Sheraton Times Square is becoming a low cost accomodation property but easily imagine that...

I used to stay here often before W Times Square opened and when there was another "Sheraton Manhattan" across 7th Ave (Now Manhattan Hotel). Even that time that was dated property but still OK as a SPG hotel considering its reasonable pricing. After then, I never stay there even before merger with Marriott... Many other options in NYC and no reason to choose this.

I wish the new owner MCR should change the brand to keep Sheraton reputation. If they prefer low cost model, at least it should be changed to 4points or something with Marriott ( even though Four Points nearby could be better than this)
Old Apr 11, 2022, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by James Luckard
Host Hotels has apparently been trying to offload this property since before the pandemic, and finally sold the hotel at a MASSIVE, nearly $400 million loss last month to an outfit called MCR Hotels:

https://therealdeal.com/2022/03/08/t...-mcr-for-356m/

MCR apparently doesn't have the world's most spectacular reputation:

https://onemileatatime.com/news/sher...s-square-sold/
If they end up cutting costs even more (to become more like, as the article says, the 'spirit airlines of hotels') AND thereby manage to reduce the room rates, I would be OK with that.
The only reason I stay here is because of the location - not for the service or the cleanliness or the food or anything else imaginable. For me as long as they are able to provide a clean bed and shower, remove whatever else they want to remove and reduce room rates (and points redemptions), I would be OK with that.

Last edited by jaejaez; May 1, 2022 at 2:01 pm
Old Apr 11, 2022, 5:12 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by cozysuite
I wish the new owner MCR should change the brand to keep Sheraton reputation. If they prefer low cost model, at least it should be changed to 4points or something with Marriott ( even though Four Points nearby could be better than this)
"The Sheraton reputation"? I would describe the Sheraton brand as ostensibly full service hotels that are well past their prime and in need of a refresh. Sheraton Times Square is right on brand.
tcdtcd likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Anyone have a good email contact for this hotel?

Completed a 1 week stay last month - booked two rooms. The hotel charges a daily destination resort fee per room, but credits you back $30/day per roomthat can be used for food & beverage credit. When looking at the bills, I can see that they gave me the credits on one of the rooms but not the other. When I've called the front desk they've looked at the bills and agreed that they are in error, and promised to send it on to get fixed, but nothing has happened.
Old May 2, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Anyone have a good email contact for this hotel?

Completed a 1 week stay last month - booked two rooms. The hotel charges a daily destination resort fee per room, but credits you back $30/day per roomthat can be used for food & beverage credit. When looking at the bills, I can see that they gave me the credits on one of the rooms but not the other. When I've called the front desk they've looked at the bills and agreed that they are in error, and promised to send it on to get fixed, but nothing has happened.
I've corresponded with them at: [email protected]
Old May 2, 2022, 7:04 am

Any updates here re. club lounge status, and if there is a good use for the daily F&B credit?
Old May 2, 2022, 12:35 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
I've corresponded with them at: [email protected]
Doesn't appear to be valid:
Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

[email protected]
The email address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's email address and try to resend the message. If the problem continues, please contact your email admin.
Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: HDQNCEXCHP02.mihdq.marrcorp.marriott.com

[email protected]
Remote Server returned '550 5.1.10 RESOLVER.ADR.RecipientNotFound; Recipient not found by SMTP address lookup'
Old May 3, 2022, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Any updates here re. club lounge status, and if there is a good use for the daily F&B credit?
Can’t answer about using the destination charge F&B credit because my corporate rates eliminates the fee. However, I did stay last week and the lounge was closed.
Old May 3, 2022, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
Originally Posted by pazza2000
I was there a couple of weeks ago. The lounge was closed. If it was still closed then, I wouldn't hope for it to be open anytime soon. As for the F&B credit, a couple of (very overpriced) drinks at the bar take care of that.
Old May 10, 2022, 3:52 am

Programs: Miles&More
Ill stay End of May in this Hotel, for a week. Just read that Lounge is closed. Im Titanium. What can I expect? Breakfast at restaurant, what else?
Old May 10, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
Originally Posted by vanheslig
Ill stay End of May in this Hotel, for a week. Just read that Lounge is closed. Im Titanium. What can I expect? Breakfast at restaurant, what else?
Breakfast is in the restaurant. They have a special menu with several options. It was pretty good. That was all I asked for.
vanheslig likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by EricH
Breakfast is in the restaurant. They have a special menu with several options. It was pretty good. That was all I asked for.
Thanks, So the lounge ist still closed? For what reason? Corona is over. In Europe the lounges are open.
Old May 12, 2022, 1:22 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by vanheslig
Thanks, So the lounge ist still closed? For what reason? Corona is over. In Europe the lounges are open.
I must have missed the Mission Accomplished banner
EuropeanPete and vanheslig like this.
Old May 12, 2022, 1:38 am

That really sucks, that Marriott is still using Corona not to open Money. In the end, its all about reducing costs. You know any Marriott Hotel close to Times Square with a lounge, that is open?

Last edited by vanheslig; May 12, 2022 at 1:44 am
Old May 12, 2022, 7:42 am

Does anyone have a contact email for this property? I have a billing issue that I suspect a phone call won’t be enough to resolve.

Can confirm as of last week their lounge remains closed.
vanheslig likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.