Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel (was Sheraton NY Hotel & Towers) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel (was Sheraton NY Hotel & Towers) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2023, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Jhizzle
I have a reservation here in a couple of months but the reviews are all over the place. Some of them are so bad, I think it’s gotta be someone trolling. Anyone stayed here in the last 60 days and can give an unbiased update?
I stay here periodically when it is cheaper than we I want to stay.

A couple of things. Service is mostly non existent. Upgrades are non existent. They closed their lounge because of Covid and have no plans to reopen it. Up till my last stay, you were able to get bottles of water from the Bell stand but they stopped giving them out.

There is a $30 dollar per day resort fee but my corporate rate is not charged for it.

Gym is decent. Hotel has a lot of rooms and is usually very busy. Elevator waits can be long. Waiting to check in can be long. If you want the hotel to store your luggage then the hotel will charge for it. Restaurant & bar are okay.

For me, location is good because my office is in Midtown. It is also very close to a subway line which makes it easy to get around the city.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by andrewstahl;[url=tel:35589799
35589799[/url]]I stay here periodically when it is cheaper than we I want to stay.

A couple of things. Service is mostly non existent. Upgrades are non existent. They closed their lounge because of Covid and have no plans to reopen it. Up till my last stay, you were able to get bottles of water from the Bell stand but they stopped giving them out.

There is a $30 dollar per day resort fee but my corporate rate is not charged for it.

Gym is decent. Hotel has a lot of rooms and is usually very busy. Elevator waits can be long. Waiting to check in can be long. If you want the hotel to store your luggage then the hotel will charge for it. Restaurant & bar are okay.

For me, location is good because my office is in Midtown. It is also very close to a subway line which makes it easy to get around the city.
Thanks for the info. I honestly don’t think we will spend a ton of time in the room or at the hotel. It’s really a place for us to lay our head, shower and change clothes.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 12:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by Jhizzle
Thanks for the info. I honestly don’t think we will spend a ton of time in the room or at the hotel. It’s really a place for us to lay our head, shower and change clothes.
It will meet that criteria. It just won't be particularly clean, tranquil, or with good service.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by andrewstahl
I stay here periodically when it is cheaper than we I want to stay.

Just arrived and have not stayed here since 2019. No complementary waters in the room or available at the front desk. Per the agent, all water has to be purchased (even for ambassadors).

Breakfast voucher is good for the buffet or room service (All-American with no substitutions).
Old Mar 15, 2024, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Just arrived and have not stayed here since 2019. No complementary waters in the room or available at the front desk. Per the agent, all water has to be purchased (even for ambassadors).

Breakfast voucher is good for the buffet or room service (All-American with no substitutions).
Ugh booked this hotel before reading the thread. Not looking forward to my upcoming trip now!
Old Mar 15, 2024, 10:45 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Breakfast was depressing last there even if paying
My reason for not coming back is the beds are hard as cement the new Marriott standard
farewell sweet sleeper from Starwood 😩
samosa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.