Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel (was Sheraton NY Hotel & Towers) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel (was Sheraton NY Hotel & Towers) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by gregv
Back to Category 6 .
When it was cat 5, I thought it was solid value in NYC. It was also relatively cheaper in points back in the SPG days. As a cat 6 though, there are likely better options.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I think they have gone back and forth between Cat. 5 and 6 a couple of times. (and under the SPG days they flopped around between categories often as well)
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 11:11 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by christianj
I think they have gone back and forth between Cat. 5 and 6 a couple of times. (and under the SPG days they flopped around between categories often as well)
Indeed.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, DL Platinum, AA Gold
Originally Posted by porciuscato
Has anyone stayed in one of the "Hospitality Suites" here? I once got an executive suite that was quite lame -- it was just a large room with a weird TV in the middle that swivelled around. No bedroom with a door. The Hospitaliy Suites are described as 1 bedroom, so I'm presuming they have bedrooms with doors.....
Hello! I would like to ask you if you stayed in this room "Hospitality Suite", and if you can describe it and the difference with an Executive Suite. I was previously in an executive suite, and now I see the reservation that I was upgraded to a "Hospitality Suite", but I don't see any description or photos of the room.

Thank you!
Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by chlinares
Hello! I would like to ask you if you stayed in this room "Hospitality Suite", and if you can describe it and the difference with an Executive Suite. I was previously in an executive suite, and now I see the reservation that I was upgraded to a "Hospitality Suite", but I don't see any description or photos of the room.

Thank you!

Never did. They gave me a high king room with a connected "parlor suite" which is a big corner room with a great view and a murphy bed. That could be what they mean by "Hospitality Suite." But I'm not sure. I've had this a few times now and it's actually quite nice. It looks weird on the reservations list because it's actually booked as two rooms, though you don't pay for the parlor suite.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 9:20 am

I stayed here 30 yrs ago and hated this hotel thoight id give it anohter chance
Checked in hare yesterday for 3 nts as the whole of Ny is sold out then to park Hyatt then back ehre . well that was until I went to the club for breakfast it is indead a zoo
off to the conrad using points for the last 2 nts. now I know why I diont recommend this hotel to clients.
plat room 47 th floor one drink voucher for 2 ppl and no hop on hop off so will ask today
Old Jul 7, 2021, 11:17 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Anyone ever return to this hotel again Covid on?
Elite breakfast?
I hear the restaurant opens tomorrow according to the website.Great way it seems to burn up a Marriott Amex free night
The last Courtyard I stayed in smelled like a sewage never again.Truly disgusting
Old Jul 21, 2021, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Anyone ever return to this hotel again Covid on?
Elite breakfast?
I hear the restaurant opens tomorrow according to the website.Great way it seems to burn up a Marriott Amex free night
The last Courtyard I stayed in smelled like a sewage never again.Truly disgusting
I was at the hotel in April, before the amenities fully reopened. Only certain floors were open and suites were not available. A standard room is fine and I found all of the staff to be friendly and helpful. I needed to be in the general area and never felt unsafe since TS is a few blocks south. It looks like most of the amenities have reopened.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by jja34-1
I was at the hotel in April, before the amenities fully reopened. Only certain floors were open and suites were not available. A standard room is fine and I found all of the staff to be friendly and helpful. I needed to be in the general area and never felt unsafe since TS is a few blocks south. It looks like most of the amenities have reopened.
Appreciate the update and good news! Why were the suites not available sold out?
Old Jul 22, 2021, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Appreciate the update and good news! Why were the suites not available sold out?
I think (but did not care enough to study the floor plan) that there are only two suites per floor. It was not clear to me whether they were not available because the suites on open floors were already occupied or they weren't opening those up due to limited housekeeping. I think the Sheraton was also housing some Marriott employees at one point so they could also have been using the suites as living quarters. So much has changed in the last few months so my info could be outdated. I have been looking at rates for the next few weeks and noticed that no suites are for sale, though.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
Originally Posted by chlinares

Thank you!
I stayed here many many many times pre-COVID. Once I got upgraded to a suite that had a huge living room with a full size pool table.... Don't know what category they put that in, but the "standard" suites certainly don't have that.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by jja34-1
I think (but did not care enough to study the floor plan) that there are only two suites per floor. It was not clear to me whether they were not available because the suites on open floors were already occupied or they weren't opening those up due to limited housekeeping. I think the Sheraton was also housing some Marriott employees at one point so they could also have been using the suites as living quarters. So much has changed in the last few months so my info could be outdated. I have been looking at rates for the next few weeks and noticed that no suites are for sale, though.
I've noticed the same thing and wondering if the rooms are pulled for some other reasons like renovations or ??
Historically some suites were never shown online @ select hotels as they could only be booked directly with the hotel
and kept offline for special events groups vip upgrades etc.
Its anyone's guess what the present situation is
Old Oct 18, 2021, 6:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Hi All,
Family and I are heading to NYC for kiddos' Dance Convention in June of 2022 at the Sheraton New York Times Square.
I just made Marriott Platinum. Do you know if I book a normal Traditional Double room if we will get access to the Club Lounge or should we pay for an upgraded room that includes access?
Thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2021, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by rlinger
Hi All,
Family and I are heading to NYC for kiddos' Dance Convention in June of 2022 at the Sheraton New York Times Square.
I just made Marriott Platinum. Do you know if I book a normal Traditional Double room if we will get access to the Club Lounge or should we pay for an upgraded room that includes access?
Thanks!
Platinum's get club lounge if the lounge is open and the given hotel has one at all. Not if you chose a king or two doubles.
I've been staying with the hotel for many years and most recently Mid August.
At present the lounge is shut tight but they have been offering amodest breakfast thankfully in the restaurant to Plats Amb and Titanium's since August with only two or 3 people working the floor.
It gets hard to get anyone's attention
The menu is extremely limited and they don't even have cheese to make an omelet.
My server laughed at me when I asked for a side of avocado even to pay up.Like cheese it was non existent
Hopefully by June it will be the Sheraton of our dreams
Suite upgrades at the time were hard to come by due to parts of the hotel be closed off as others have experienced
My suite upgrade cleared thankfully.Most of the property has the new Sheraton beds.
Sadly they are vastly different to what many of us came to like about the former exceptional Sweet Sleeper
These are hard as concrete.Which of course is subjective to better or worse.For me it was a night of agony
Marriott is all about cost over quality and to me this showed why we will see attractive properties with poor quality hard product going forward likely
The breakfasts at many Marriott's are way off their mark compared to years past and the Platinum benefit a watered down version or worse of what it once was.
Have a great stay and event
rlinger likes this.

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Oct 18, 2021 at 7:11 pm
Old Apr 10, 2022, 12:14 am

Host Hotels has apparently been trying to offload this property since before the pandemic, and finally sold the hotel at a MASSIVE, nearly $400 million loss last month to an outfit called MCR Hotels:

https://therealdeal.com/2022/03/08/t...-mcr-for-356m/

MCR apparently doesn't have the world's most spectacular reputation:

https://onemileatatime.com/news/sher...s-square-sold/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.