Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel (was Sheraton NY Hotel & Towers) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel (was Sheraton NY Hotel & Towers) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2016, 6:01 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by Keyser
i spend over a dozen nights at the element times square every year....besides the crowded & slow elevators issue, i have not faced any other problem....to counter the elevator issue, i have now started requesting rooms on lower floors & have gotten rooms on the 2nd & 3rd floors for my last few stays....no need to use elevators as i can simply walk up to my room....
ELevator situation somewhat improved with the new system (now matches Marriott Marquis, among others)
Old Sep 28, 2016, 5:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Breakfast Options

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Breakfast is in lounge only. And it ends early and is terribly crowded. Don't choose this hotel based on it, but it's better than nothing (or an aLoft).
Thanks for the information.

I based my selection of this hotel on location. The breakfast was extremely crowded and fairly minimal (hard boiled eggs, oat meal, fruit, pastries, toast).

The hotel will not give PLTs discount on Restaurant breakfast (that runs around $34 per person and is not that great).
Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
Thanks for the information.

I based my selection of this hotel on location. The breakfast was extremely crowded and fairly minimal (hard boiled eggs, oat meal, fruit, pastries, toast).

The hotel will not give PLTs discount on Restaurant breakfast (that runs around $34 per person and is not that great).
Yup, you got it. I too prefer the location. Actually the lounge is nice after breakfast (it clears out and you can enjoy water/snacks in a somewhat empty lounge with views). As to breakfast, you saw the madness for what is a terribly poor spread. It used to be better years ago - but they removed much of what they used to offer. Sad that.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
PSA for anyone staying here for the first time, it's currently without signage on the north side. This is the entrance that faces the subway if you're coming from JFK or EWR. There is some small signage that's somewhat lost in the scaffolding on the front (facing 7th Ave).

Last edited by travellingcari; Nov 3, 2016 at 2:06 pm Reason: broken image link
Old Dec 25, 2016, 8:28 pm

Elevators a mess this week

Originally Posted by travellingcari
ELevator situation somewhat improved with the new system (now matches Marriott Marquis, among others)
We're staying here over Christmas break and the elevators are terrible. The system (enter your floor on a key pad and be directed to your automated elevator) doesn't account for the fact that 30 people can't fit into the elevator at once. Because they are slow elevators, you end up having 6-8 parties pushing floors on the keypad and then everyone being directed to the same elevator. Everyone can't fit in, so those who are in the elevator end up visiting all of the floors that were pushed. Very inefficient and has been a huge problem for most of the hotel guests this week. Bad experience!

Also, Platinum means very little here any more. Could not even get adjoining rooms for our kids and us. Only reason we stayed here was proximity to Radio city and theater, otherwise it's our least favorite location to stay in Manhattan.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 8:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I stayed here again two weeks. I continue to say that this is a functional hotel and a good option as a Platinum if the price is right or if you are doing an award redemption. I would not expect anything more than a room and access to the extremely crowded zoo like club lounge as a Platinum member staying here. One big gripe I had this past stay is that on weekends they are now serving the Platinum breakfast in an area off the lobby. That would be fine but the breakfast hours are ridiculous in that they stop serving at 10! Come on....who wants to rush to get showered and cleaned up by 10 am on a weekend? Why can't they just give you a voucher to the buffet in the restaurant that serves later? I agree that the club lounge is way too crowded but it has to do with the fact that people bring in way too many people. The attendant at the door seems not be able to control the numbers that come in correctly.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:44 pm

Chaise lounge for sleeping child

The description on the Starwood website for traditional rooms at the Sheraton Times Square says:
"If you opt for a room with a king-size bed, a chaise lounge provides an extra sleeping surface."

Has anyone used the chaise as a "bed" for a child? Did the child and/or the hotel complain? My group is 2 adults and 1 child, and there does not appear to be any rooms with 2 doubles available for my dates.

Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by mikepdc
The description on the Starwood website for traditional rooms at the Sheraton Times Square says:
"If you opt for a room with a king-size bed, a chaise lounge provides an extra sleeping surface."

Has anyone used the chaise as a "bed" for a child? Did the child and/or the hotel complain? My group is 2 adults and 1 child, and there does not appear to be any rooms with 2 doubles available for my dates.

Thanks!
Not all rooms at the Sheraton have a chaise in the room! I thought it was only the superior rooms that had them but if I look at the website it does list the chaise for the standard rooms. I know that I was 100% in a king room on my last stay and it did NOT have a chaise so I would confirm this 100% with the hotel at booking. As for putting a kid on it....I guess it would work but would the hotel provide linens for the chaise?
Old Jan 28, 2017, 6:06 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
hi - im looking at a 2 night stay at either here, the Marriott Marquis or the Element.

I'm SPG Gold, and it would be a paid stay end of Feb.

Is the Sheraton the best option - we like Club Lounges - do the Marriott and Sheraton lounges both serve breakfast and alcoholic drinks in the evening?
Old Jan 28, 2017, 7:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Geoggy
hi - im looking at a 2 night stay at either here, the Marriott Marquis or the Element.

Is the Sheraton the best option - we like Club Lounges - do the Marriott and Sheraton lounges both serve breakfast and alcoholic drinks in the evening?
You mention the Element earlier. You do realize that that brand does not have a lounge.

The Sheraton lounge is high up and has good views and service.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 4:48 pm

Yes sorry for the confusion.

Sheraton lounge better than the Marriot Marquis lounge?
Old Jan 29, 2017, 12:39 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Geoggy

Not sure which lounge is better, but were you planning on paying to upgrade to a club room at the Sheraton. Only Marriott Gold (if you've matched status) will give complimentary access to the club lounge!
Old Jan 29, 2017, 1:59 am

Sorry yes I have matched my status so I'm Marriott gold.

I think I'm going to stay at the Marriott Marquis as I've just managed to get a LNF on a King Corner room approved.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 2:14 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Delete

Last edited by SHLTP; Feb 25, 2017 at 11:30 pm
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by abk
I stayed there one time and much prefer the neighborhood around the Sheraton. As for the club lounge, the coffee, soda and water are abundant and plentiful and the Pick a Bagel at 53rd and 8th has a great breakfast.
We used to live close to here (57th and 7th) for about 4 months a couple of years ago so we're heading back in couple of months and considering staying here. Has anyone stayed recently as Platinum and do they give upgrades often? The club lounge sounds zooey. Do they offer things in the evenings as well?

thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.