Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel (was Sheraton NY Hotel & Towers) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel (was Sheraton NY Hotel & Towers) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2016, 6:48 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Interesting about the water (which is in addition to your choice of amenities) and the bag drop fee. We've never left bags after checkout, but have done so pre-checkout on many occasions and it's always free.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 7:09 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Did you check the minibar? The complementary bottle of water is usually in there with a hangtag that says "free of charge".

This property has always charged for baggage storage after checkout (if your room isn't ready they'll write you a voucher) - like many of the area's large hotels it's outsourced to another vendor.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by jdawg
Did you check the minibar? The complementary bottle of water is usually in there with a hangtag that says "free of charge".

This property has always charged for baggage storage after checkout (if your room isn't ready they'll write you a voucher) - like many of the area's large hotels it's outsourced to another vendor.
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Interesting about the water (which is in addition to your choice of amenities) and the bag drop fee. We've never left bags after checkout, but have done so pre-checkout on many occasions and it's always free.
Thanks both. Checked the minibar and when I didn't find it there or elsewhere in the room (have found SPG to be very good at in room scavenger hunts), I called to ask.

Didn't notice re: vendor for left luggage, but that makes complete sense. $4 for our bag was better than rushing to my apartment and back before dinner and a show
Old Apr 4, 2016, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by travellingcari
Thanks both. Checked the minibar and when I didn't find it there or elsewhere in the room (have found SPG to be very good at in room scavenger hunts), I called to ask.
I've had that happen at this property a few times - slot in minibar where comp water bottle should be is empty, call the front desk operator and usually room service brings up 4-5 ice cold ones pretty quickly.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 6:03 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Quick questions

Hi everyone,

I have been getting conflicting information, so I thought I'd see if anyone here had the answer. Have an upcoming stay and was wondering: Is there an in-room safe? Also, is there still a small fee (daily/for stay) for having a mini-refrigerator in the room? Thanks in advance for any answers.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 4:28 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
how to get a comp fridge @ this property

Yes, they have in room safes. However, do not expect a Plat suite upgrade. (Read the thread & you will see what I mean).

I had a fridge for my last stay, and the FR DESK made a big deal of waiving the fee. My advice? Wait till check in, remind the GOLD/PLAT desk rep it was on your request list and ask them to comp it.

Also, make sure you pick up the biz. cards in the lounge. They are handy for contacts for such requests.
Old May 3, 2016, 4:17 pm

Any experience with getting club/lounge access with the new AMEX STARWOOD BUSINESS CARD lounge benefits?

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...ss-credit-card
Old May 5, 2016, 4:52 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Going to NYC this weekend and needing to stay here, rates have been dropping nicely. I see an AAA rate that I can spend an extra $7 on that gets me a $20 F&B credit. Anyone know if that can be used for the minibar or gift shop as opposed to using it at a sit down location at the property, where I'll invariably have to spend at least double that amount to get anything substantial?
Old May 5, 2016, 10:59 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Going to NYC this weekend and needing to stay here, rates have been dropping nicely. I see an AAA rate that I can spend an extra $7 on that gets me a $20 F&B credit. Anyone know if that can be used for the minibar or gift shop as opposed to using it at a sit down location at the property, where I'll invariably have to spend at least double that amount to get anything substantial?
I just did AAA F&B credit deal a few weeks ago. It's a big rip-off. It is only usable in the bar at the front, where it's basically good for one glass of wine. It can't be used for room service, the shop, or anything else. And you don't get change back or a credit. So if you want two $10 beers, you'll have to order them at the same time.
Old May 6, 2016, 5:58 am

Ahhh. "One nice glass of wine and keep the rest for your tip" (and I'm sure I can't use it for the tip).

Thanks for the info.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: StarAlliance (UA 1K), PriorityClub (Plat), SPG (Plat), OneWorld (AA), SkyTeam (KLM), Marriott (Gold)
Someone already in room at checkin

I'm plat 50.

Stayed here recently for one week. The stay was fine but checkin wasn't great.

At checkin I was given a choice between a king room near the elevator or a room with two beds. I was thinking for a minute and got a rather impatient "I'm trying to help you out here". I opted for the room with two beds, which was on level 34.

I went to the room and as I tried to open the door someone shouted 'Excuse me!' from within the room.

I went back to the front desk and the agent magically found a king room on level 49, which wasn't near the elevator.

They gave me some starpoints for the trouble (thanks), but it is a bit suspicious that the better room wasn't offered at the outset.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by ConfusedInJapan
I went to the room and as I tried to open the door someone shouted 'Excuse me!' from within the room.
Similar thing happened to me at Bellagio in Las Vegas - opened the door to my assigned room to find a passed-out man (assumed drunk) sprawled on the bed. Went back to desk and calmly explained. A room with dead-center fountain views somehow was now available.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My female boss had an incident where she got to her Marriott Couurtyard room all exhausted, lied on the bed then a Chinese businessman got assigned to the room and came in. I told her she as the Arrival Gift for the Chinese MR program

I had a case where I put my stuff in my room at this LAS hotel. When I came back, I could not open my door. Security came and opened the door and my stuff was gone. Someone else checked in. That lead to an upgraded suite - one of those with mirrors on the ceiling

I am going to NYC later in the year and am debating whether to stay here or the Element - both are 12,000 points a night. I don't like the Sheraton's bathroom - too small. The Element's room does not feel as crammed. This Sheraton also does not do Green Choice.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
I stay here every year. That said, I can't recall if it has a Green Choice program. I don't see mention on their website. Anyone?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 5:21 pm

I was there a few months ago and was chatting with on of the FD people about MAGC. She said it was a union issue, and so they don't offer it, and likely never will.

She also mentioned that the hotel has one of the highest percentages of elite guests in the SPG system-- maybe close to 75% -- so don't expect many upgrades here.

Also, to answer the person a few posts above who asked about the SPG Business card access to the Lounge, it worked just fine for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.