FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Print Wikipost

Singapore St Regis [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2008, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by kevino
Sounds nice, but I don't need four people to follow me to my room. I'd rather go to the room by myself.
I dislike being shown to my room because I have a difficult time remembering what my room number is… This is never a problem when I have to find the room for myself the first time.

Last edited by schriste; Jun 5, 2008 at 7:41 am
Old Jun 4, 2008, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
I detest staying in a purportedly highest calibre hotel and being nickled-and-dimed for internet access.

I'm already paying enough. Throw in the internet. Don't chisel me.

(What the heck is the problem with their coffee? You're not the first to complain about the lack of quality.)
Old Jun 4, 2008, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by schriste
I dislike being shown to my room because I have a difficult time remembering what my room number is… never a problem when I have to find it for myself the first time.
Someone needs to explain all the gadetry in the room or you would spend the first hour figuring out how to work the curtains, where the light switch is etc.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 11:05 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
I detest staying in a purportedly highest calibre hotel and being nickled-and-dimed for internet access.

I'm already paying enough. Throw in the internet. Don't chisel me.

(What the heck is the problem with their coffee? You're not the first to complain about the lack of quality.)
From my experience all 5* SPG properties charge (through the nose) for internet access...so I wasn't surprised.

The coffee--- weak, distasteful. Forget hiring a beer person at SPG, hire a coffee person. Beer is easy.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 11:08 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by schriste
I dislike being shown to my room because I have a difficult time remembering what my room number is… never a problem when I have to find it for myself the first time.
Hmmm....I don't know what to say about this. Well, I do, but I won't.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 3:22 am

Observations:

- no clock in my room (literally sleeping with my Blackberry now)
- no hotel branded goods available for sale (wanted to get my sis something as she is addicted to St. Regis)
- chocolates in room tasted like perfume to me
- at times there are incredible numbers of staff in the lobby (shift change?) and at other times it seems very normal
- alcohol in the mini-bar is laughably expensive (makes SGD30 WiFi feel free)
- butlers rock (getting one for home for sure now )
Old Jun 5, 2008, 3:26 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dorian
Observations:

- no clock in my room (literally sleeping with my Blackberry now)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...75#post9807975
Old Jun 5, 2008, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
I don't know how to make links within FT.

And you've been on FT for more than seven years?

It's high time you learned.

If you're using a PC/Windows system, normally you would right-click on the text of a post, click on Properties (at the bottom of the popup menu), and in the panel that comes up, the URL address will be displayed (among other things). Just highlight and copy that URL, then, later, paste it into your post (or if you prefer, into some intermediate place such as Notepad, Word, etc. for later copying & pasting into a post). Very simple -- easier done than said, actually!
Old Jun 5, 2008, 6:55 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thank you. I'll give it a try.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 7:45 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dorian
From my experience all 5* SPG properties charge (through the nose) for internet access...so I wasn't surprised.
Free internet at the Lanesborough (St. Regis) in London and at the St. Regis in Shanghai.

It's chiseling. Complain like crazy at check-in, during the stay, and at check-out. It's just inappropriate to charge for internet access at a St. Regis class hotel.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
I've given up. I use T-Mobile in the US and wherever else I can roam. It's not that much in the way of savings, but at least I'm not giving it to the hotel, who don't even give you points for internet fees!!!
Old Jun 5, 2008, 10:35 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by notsosmart
...who don't even give you points for internet fees!!!
Let me check a little further on this, but I think they should be, if it is charged to your hotel bill. If you pay a third-party vendor directly, then I think the access fee is an ineligible charge...but let me get clarification on this point.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker; Jun 5, 2008 at 10:54 am
Old Jun 5, 2008, 11:17 pm

Programs: SPG
Hi all,

To generate some positive energy here, there are properties over the world that do not charge for internet access or they have packages/rate plans that include internet fees.

I do not have the list on my side now but if the internet charges are too much for you to handle, do call up our Contact Centre to find out if internet access is complimentary or not.

[email protected]
Old Jun 6, 2008, 9:53 am

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Let me check a little further on this, but I think they should be, if it is charged to your hotel bill. If you pay a third-party vendor directly, then I think the access fee is an ineligible charge...but let me get clarification on this point.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Well, I checked...and sure enough...HSIA is not an eligible charge.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jun 6, 2008, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Thank you William. I knew this to be the case at my most-often visited hotels, and now I know that it is Starwood "policy".

Doesn't seem right, somehow, considering the price of HSIA. Oh well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.