Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Print Wikipost

Singapore St Regis [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2008, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Had a one night stay last night and was very impressed.

Check in was delayed as I arrived earlier than they expected and they did some smart foot work to get me an executive suite upgrade. I was preassigned a suite but I gather it was not ready when I arrived.
Butler service was efficient and very friendly.

I loved the sound system in the living room and especially the ability to plug my ipod into the Bose. It is nice to have some of my own music playing when away.

I didn't think the furnishings were too loud or garish and found the whole room environment to be quite welcoming.

The bathroom was fabulous and the Remede toiletries were very good.

There was a slight hiccup at breakfast in the restaurant downstairs where the wait staff mixed up the orders between the table next to me and mine.

All in a wonderful stay and I am looking forward to my return stay in September. ^ Will post some pics in my TR when I get around to posting in the next few days.
Old May 26, 2008, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
I notice the rates for this place seem to have come down a fair bit, and stayed down. I was looking last week and it was quoting SGD480 for most of last week. Bearing in mind it opened with rates at SGD 680 it's quite a drop.

I had a drink there on Saturday night and they said the Hotel was very quiet.
Old May 27, 2008, 6:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
I notice the rates for this place seem to have come down a fair bit, and stayed down. I was looking last week and it was quoting SGD480 for most of last week. Bearing in mind it opened with rates at SGD 680 it's quite a drop.

I had a drink there on Saturday night and they said the Hotel was very quiet.
They have a promo for Starwood Privilege members at SGD450 with 2 "continental" breakfast. Not sure why they cant provide a full breakfast considering this is Singapore and not Rome ....
Old May 28, 2008, 9:36 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
St. Regis Singapore report 5/2008 And I thought I was excited about the A-380 F.

OK. It takes lots to get me excited about a Hotel. Well I am excited so this will be a great report.

Preface: In SIN to take the A-380 to NRT in F.

Rate: This is a last minute reservation so I can be in the right spot for my flight. I used 20,000 SPG points which is a bunch in my book. I have lots of points but 20k is hard to part with. The best points I ever spent next to the Concorde deal.

Transportation: Took a cab from SIN. The driver did not know the location of the Hotel so had to call for it. Came off the plane still in my shorts from BKK. Good thing no one was in the lobby but staff.

Parking: n/a

Check-in: You are seated in the lobby for the check-in process. The agent was very kind and efficient.

Perks: I received a upgrade to an Executive Suite. I can also take (aka comp) breakfast off the lobby where I will be smart casual tomorrow. No shorts. In addition I was given a very generous late check-out. Out of respect I will not say the exact time. Butler service 24 hours.

Lounge: not here

Room aka suite: Where to start. You enter onto marble. From there you can go in three directions. Let's go to the living room. Enter onto carpet. To the right is a sofa, stone coffee table, side tables. Two sides of this room are pure glass. You have sheer curtains and black curtains controlled with a remote. Come around to a beautiful desk / entertainment center. Two stunning lamps. This room has a Sharp Aquos flat panel and full on Bose surround sound system. Getting the picture. In fact the style and colors of this room are much better than the website. BTW. This room has a very comfortable chair.

Now the bedroom. Hold on I gotta walk in there to get a mental snapshot. You enter onto carpet. There is a dresser and above is another Sharp flat panel. This room also has full on Bose system. It has a smaller floor to ceiling window which has nightstand controls. Come around to a beautiful king bed. Huge closet which on the other end connects to the bathroom. You have a dressing table with a mirror which doubles as part of the wall for the bathroom. There is a sheer that lowers for privacy. All rooms have chandeliers.

Bathroom: Most important. As best I can tell you have at least two full sets of Remede amenities. You have a two separate spaces in the bathroom. A unique set-up. This is all marble and stone. The toilet room has its' own sink with two sets of doors to close it off for privacy. You have a huge shower with a large mirror inside. The bathroom / tub area has two sinks. Lots of amenities. I think I need to check a box tomorrow because my wife will not stand for me leaving anything behind. She loves that stuff. From here enter the closet area. I been to the Burj and would put this place second only to that. The space it not even that big but put together well. Oh the George V was nice.

Internet: Wired and wireless. 32 SGD for 24 hours.

Gym: not been there

Spa: I'm conservative.

Eating venues: will advise

Local markets: Orchard Road is steps away.

Local area: as above

Negatives: I can hear a little street noise but I will live.

Closing: Oh my. This place is nice. I'm gonna go look around. More later. Regards from SIN. Don't tell my wife. Thanks.

Last edited by RTWSTARALLIANCE; May 28, 2008 at 9:47 am
Old May 28, 2008, 9:43 am

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
sounds great, but 20K is really a lot...
Old May 28, 2008, 10:03 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
A picture paints a thousand words. Or so they say.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9773617...7605306398701/

Mind you if you read my TRs I still write a thousand words to go with the pictures. I am yet to write about my Sunday night stay at St Regis SIN in my TR.

Last edited by Moomba; May 28, 2008 at 10:15 am
Old May 28, 2008, 10:10 am

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Damn. This is nice.
Old May 28, 2008, 10:18 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
That shower was amazing. Rain shower with body jets to boot. And the stone / marble in the bathroom is floor and floor to ceiling. None of this half stuff. Thanks for the pics.
Old May 28, 2008, 10:19 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Thanks for the report. One day maybe I'll splurge and go for the St. Regis On the otherhand I know someone at the LM now and even they think it's a dump
Old May 28, 2008, 10:21 am

Kev. Your welcome. It should not be that difficult now.
Old May 28, 2008, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
It looks nice, but not as amazing as you made it seem from your report
Old May 28, 2008, 10:43 am

Trust me. It is amazing. Wink.

Looks like a dvd player for each tv except the one in the bathroom. Some of the drawers are the non slam ones that retract slowly. Two bottles of Pierval water.
Old May 28, 2008, 11:32 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Sounds like a place to check out. And 20k points is a bargain: It won't even get you an afternoon at the St. Regis Bora Bora.
Old May 28, 2008, 12:44 pm

Programs: * A
Thanks for the great report... it sounds more amazing than the pics. However, 20 K for one night in SIN... that's a lot to part with for me. Time for a conference at St Regis in Singapore.
Old May 28, 2008, 2:01 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Very nice report and pictures. The layout reminded me of the suite at the Westin Diplomat Resort in FLL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.