FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Print Wikipost

Singapore St Regis [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2008, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Mrt?

do you happen to know if it is within walking distance to an mrt station?
Old May 28, 2008, 2:37 pm

Nearest MRT is Orchard Station - about one kilometre away.
Old May 28, 2008, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I have just written a blow by blow description of my experience at St Regis SIN into my 'year in the life of a flying nutter' trip report.

There is also a link to a few pictures of my suite.
Old May 28, 2008, 4:07 pm

Programs: QF,VS,SQ,SPG,IC
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
You have a huge shower with a large mirror inside.
Wait till you use the shower! That mirror is heated, so no chill when you are drying yourself. Also, if you have hand washing and hang it in the shower, it is dry within a few hours. Try on the robe, best robe I've had at any hotel, heck, better than I've ever owned.

Boy, I wish I was back there....
Old May 28, 2008, 4:23 pm

Hi Mario,

Noticed from your post that there is a promo for Starwood Privelege members. As I am also a member, but infrequent user of it, should I just call them up to make reservations or is there any special "quote" or 'link" to get this promo rate to work.

I am looking at staying in SIN during the 17-21 June, where there is the CommuinicAsia taking place, and causing room rates at the LM, ST & even IC to shoot up between SGD418++ to SGD450++ per night, which is more than double than what it goes for, normally!

So, if I were to spend SGD450, I'd rather get the best bang for the buck, and give me an excuse to try out the StRegis

Cheers!

Originally Posted by mario33
They have a promo for Starwood Privilege members at SGD450 with 2 "continental" breakfast. Not sure why they cant provide a full breakfast considering this is Singapore and not Rome ....
Old May 28, 2008, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Thanks for the report RTWSTARALLIANCE ^
Sounds amazing.
Now where is the trip report about the 380
Gosh I hope I get to ride on one of those.
Old May 28, 2008, 6:03 pm

Hi Squzair

I was thinking along the same line as you regarding the Starwood Privilege St Regis offer, unfortunately the period 15 Jun - 22 Jun is listed as the blackout dates:

http://privilege.starwood.com/en/articles/18383.html
Old May 28, 2008, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
My SQ A-380 F report.

I don't know how to make links within FT. I do have a report going on this in the SQ Forum. Fortunately there are lots of pics and videos on the plane already online. The flight is coming up soon.

Anyone have information on car service? I know the Hotel has a number of Rolls or Bentleys.

The place does need a basket in the bathroom for used towels, a clock (nice clock that is) and from the Westin Chosun a flashing indicator when the newspapers have been delivered. The agent asked me about papers when I arrived making it clear you can have comp two. I picked the IHT and WSJ. The Straits Times and WSJ are the usuall combo. Also. Offered amenity which I took points. A little give back. Room has fresh fruit. More later about breakfast and car service.
Old May 28, 2008, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Notes.

I received three newspapers this morning.

My Bentley transfer to the airport is $230 SGD all in. If you want to check-in at the VIP terminal add $65 SGD. Since I will be in F on SQ I will not have to pay the extra charge. Life be good.

Breakfast. Keep in mind this is from the agent. My combo is P in suite. I can take breakfast downstairs in the lobby. It would be continental and you can NOT buy up to a full breakfast. Downstairs is buffet. I would rather have breakfast in my room. Finally got the dvd player working. I can take it in the room and order one of the set menus for in room breakfast dining. I am told just to sign to the room. More on this later.
Old May 28, 2008, 8:29 pm
Y'z

Thank you for your report. It sounds good. I saw many pictures of this property and was disappointed with their interior/exterior and views from rooms. When other luxury hotels in SIN opened almost 10 years ago, it was sensational with many aspects. So I expected the St Regis to be on the next stage because it opened in 21st century. I only judge it from pictures, so I should try once. Your report got me interested especially when you referred the George V. It seems like comparable with Four Seasons George V where I love.
Old May 28, 2008, 8:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Wow! Sounds so good I want to eat the hotel.

Too bad (for me) that this hotel is fully booked during the F1 GP.
Old May 28, 2008, 8:51 pm

Thank you. I love that Hotel also. Very nice. The George V is more like this. The Burj is more over the top grand. This has all the amenities and space you would need to be at home. Home feeling is a good word for this place. Except at home I know how to use the dvd player.

I was allowed to order anything I wished from the breakfast menu.
Old May 28, 2008, 10:33 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
My Bentley transfer to the airport is $230 SGD all in. If you want to check-in at the VIP terminal add $65 SGD. Since I will be in F on SQ I will not have to pay the extra charge. Life be good.
When you mention VIP Terminal are you referring to JetQuay or are you referring to the SQ F check-in lounge at T3? If you're talking about the SQ F one, I didn't know one could pay to use it.
Old May 28, 2008, 11:36 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond

My taxi ride to the airport was $23 SGD
Old May 29, 2008, 1:49 am

darn, there goes the plan ... looks like its gotta be either the LM, ST or IC ...
might go with the IC as the MRT station is most convenient.

looks like there is gonna be quite a few FTs down for CommunicAsia, hmmm, not gonna be easy for upgrades to come by, even for SPG Plats or RAs...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.