FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Print Wikipost

Singapore St Regis [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2023, 11:56 am

Programs: Bonvoy - Ambassador; AS - MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
From a location perspective, the JW Marriott is in a more centralized location than the St. Regis.

But they are basically a 5-8 minute walk apart.

For a first trip, I would choose the JW.
🤔 Didn’t understand the walk apart comment. The JW is over an hour walking from the St Regis. They aren’t near each other.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 3:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I walked from JW to StR once. It sure seemed more like an hour than 5 mins. I don't love the str but I like the location more than JW and I like that it offers full breakfast
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 5:05 pm

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
Originally Posted by shevboyz
No need to tip. Singapore isn't America. If you really want to, it's up to your own discretion.
Don't tip. Don't start this a trend in Singapore, Asia or elsewhere. Tipping is a cancer.

At restaurants in Singapore there is typically a service charge now anyway (10%+), that is just theft.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 5:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Same as America
Not really, in the US is expected, almost as a right, and you get at best an attitude if you dont, Elsewhere its NOT expected and no attitude if you dont tip,
It is not to local custom, only tip I do is live sorting on the bed for housekeeping.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 5:26 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by SoCalNorCal
🤔 Didn’t understand the walk apart comment. The JW is over an hour walking from the St Regis. They aren’t near each other.
I think they are confusing the JW with the Marriott at Tangs !
Old Nov 29, 2023, 9:13 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by mahdnc
I am currently booked for a 5 night award stay at the JW Marriott in Singapore next month. However I can now book the St Regis for slightly less points. Any comments on whether I should switch?
The room is for my wife and I and it is our first time in Singapore.
how big is the points difference ? JW Marriott is in a much better location than St Regis unless you're happy to take a taxi.

Originally Posted by shevboyz
No need to tip. Singapore isn't America. If you really want to, it's up to your own discretion.
thanks, ended up not using the Butler Service at all.

So we arrived around 11pm, kids got a bear each during check in as well which was a pleasant surprise. The STARS rate was definitely worth it, especially with USD100 credit. Used it for Room Service + a drink at the bar (they close at midnight, sharp! with the lights coming on at full blast). Room Service was ok, less than an hour but avoid the Pork Ribs, there are tiny for the price !

Found Breakfast to be underwhelming for 5* Malaysia/Singapore standards. I wouldn't mind a smaller (in comparison) selection if the quality was there.

I kinda feel bad for the Hotel Owner, as the decor has not aged well despite being only 10+ years ? TVs which don't fit into frames, and door/wall edgings which have broken/fallen off. It feels as if it was decorated to fit a particular persons taste instead of withstanding the hard knocks of hotel guests. Can't imagine how many remotes they must have gone through over the years.

Just for the living room

Lights / Curtains control. Kids definitely enjoy this more than the TV

Room service, Spagetti, Fish & Chips, Pork Ribs

Chilli Padi Bloody Mary.

Breakfast , toppings didn't really add anything to a very average omelette.

Bears !
Old Nov 30, 2023, 1:05 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN4
Not really, in the US is expected, almost as a right, and you get at best an attitude if you dont, Elsewhere its NOT expected and no attitude if you dont tip,
It is not to local custom, only tip I do is live sorting on the bed for housekeeping.
Sarcasm level needs to be adjusted. Note the smiley face towards the end.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 7:49 pm

I was planning to book the St Regis Singapore for 4 nights through CT.
We are 3 people (2 adults, 1 teen) so the 2 double room rate seems very good compared to what else I have found. Shangri-La is similar, but doesn't seem to have good options for 3 in a room.
1) The rate on CT says Stay 4 get 25 off - Authorized Travel Advisors. It says something similar on Virtuoso site.
- I assume this rate just means it is for TA bookings only, not that you actually have to be a TA to qualify?
2) The rate includes 2 breakfast daily + $100 per stay. We are also Plat elite. Would choosing breakfast as welcome amenity (assuming it's offered) mean that the 3rd person would be free, or just negate other free ones?

Sorry for the basic questions! Appreciate the help!
SoCalNorCal likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.