FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Singapore St Regis [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/784925-singapore-st-regis-master-thread.html)

MAN Flyer Jan 29, 2008 1:34 pm

Singapore St Regis [Master Thread]

There's a review of two stays and some pictures of the St. Regis here:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3160

rolov Jan 29, 2008 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by trach500 (Post 9153398)
Has anybody stayed at the new St Regis yet? I don't see many reviews yet on this site and there is only 1 on tripadvisor.

I stayed at the ST Regis for 1 nights in early january.
I thought it was a steal at 10000 pts. The service was amazing.
And the bed was probably the most comfortable bed i ever slept in.
I had some problems turning the lights totally off in the room a couple of times , but i hit the butler button ,and he came and shut them off promptly.
The bathroom was insane (Plasma TV was not functional yet)

The lobby restaurant was very good, the plates were very small
but the service and food was top notch. I lost count of how many people came to serve us at around 14.
One of the managers even came over and gave us a tour of their wine cellar in between courses.

I also tried the Singapore slings at the bar , and our waitress made them extremely well .
The pool was nice except it was pouring so i did not stay.
It was my first time at any St Regis , so i was very impressed.

SNA_Flyer Jan 30, 2008 11:00 am

Wow. What an incredibly ugly interior. Who really thinks is still cool to do traditional 1900's interior design on brand new modern buildings? They should have hired the designer from the San Francisco St. Regis project.

schriste Jan 30, 2008 11:27 am

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer (Post 9161518)
Wow. What an incredibly ugly interior.

I have to agree with you. Hopefully it looks better in person.

Originally Posted by rolov (Post 9159123)
I thought it was a steal at 10000 pts.

Currently shows as a cat 5

rolov Jan 30, 2008 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by schriste (Post 9161701)
I have to agree with you. Hopefully it looks better in person.

Currently shows as a cat 5

You are right
i looked at my account and i got it for 12000 pts

APW Girl Jan 30, 2008 6:24 pm

I've been to Singapore 3 times in 13 months..always staying at the Ritz-Carlton. Where is the St. Regis located? A lot of the people who worked at the RC left and went to SR but I haven't been there since April

rolov Jan 30, 2008 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by APW Girl (Post 9164172)
I've been to Singapore 3 times in 13 months..always staying at the Ritz-Carlton. Where is the St. Regis located? A lot of the people who worked at the RC left and went to SR but I haven't been there since April

Tanglin Road
its about 1 block from Orchard Road

SaigonCyclo Jan 30, 2008 9:05 pm

Has to be better in person, doesn't it?

Wow. What an incredibly ugly interior.

I agree.

Had a reservation there for 3 nights next week. Glad I cancelled and changed to the Ritz.

Y'z Jan 31, 2008 1:15 am

Wow. What an incredibly ugly interior. Who really thinks is still cool to do traditional 1900's interior design on brand new modern buildings? They should have hired the designer from the San Francisco St. Regis project.

I agree too. Who designed interior? I am not fan of the design for St. Regis SF though, the hotel should integrate with its modern building even if they go with traditional design concept. Shangri-la Valley Wing is very successful example of modern but traditional interior. St Regis design theme seems like an imitation of legendary old hotels, but replica can never beat original...it turns just fake looking. They should have done their original.

snufl Mar 12, 2008 1:57 am

Club Lounge?

Can anyone confirm that the St Regis Singapore has a club lounge? I looked at Blonde Bomber's spreadsheet and it says yes (no alcohol), but I can't find reference to it anywhere else.

I'm particularly interested in free or reasonably priced internet as I won't have a laptop or mobile phone with me. Of course, a light breakfast would be nice :)

Starwood Lurker II Mar 12, 2008 3:45 am

Hi snufl,

I am afraid there is no club lounge for this property.

They do have a couple of bars in the first floor but not for individual levels.

Thank you and have a nice day!

[email protected]

Originally Posted by snufl (Post 9396775)
Can anyone confirm that the St Regis Singapore has a club lounge? I looked at Blonde Bomber's spreadsheet and it says yes (no alcohol), but I can't find reference to it anywhere else.

I'm particularly interested in free or reasonably priced internet as I won't have a laptop or mobile phone with me. Of course, a light breakfast would be nice :)

faithwins Mar 14, 2008 4:58 am

Thanks for the review, looks like a nice, modern hotel. Has anyone else stayed here recently and could share there expirences? Interested in staying here for our May trip to Singapore

MAN Flyer Mar 14, 2008 6:04 am

I stayed there last month and really enjoyed it. I was pleased to see that the OTT staff behaviour seemed to have calmed down.

It had also dropped from the previous SDG680 to SGD500 for the night I was there so dedcided to give it a go. Personally, although I would not normally pay SGD500 a night to stay in Singapore, I think it's worth SGD500 but wouldn't pay SGD680. I'm not saying it isn't worth it, but that's too much for me personally for a night in Singapore.

There is no lounge but I got invited to a wine tasting session with the Chief Sommelier in the bar downstairs. I also got a nice suite so whether I got the invite due to that and/or because I am a Plat I'm not sure as the invite card didn't say.

I have still got the invitation somewhere along with some pics.

jhm Mar 14, 2008 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by MAN Flyer (Post 9408325)
I got invited to a wine tasting session with the Chief Sommelier in the bar downstairs. I also got a nice suite so whether I got the invite due to that and/or because I am a Plat I'm not sure as the invite card didn't say.

I got the same invite the two times I stayed when it had just opened (a suite the 1st time and a normal room the 2nd time).

Starwood Lurker II Mar 17, 2008 10:34 pm

Hi MAN Flyer,

As usual, I have jotted down your comments on behalf of the property and will add it into my report.

Thank you for your review and all feedback is important to us.

Have a nice day!

[email protected]

Originally Posted by MAN Flyer (Post 9408325)
I stayed there last month and really enjoyed it. I was pleased to see that the OTT staff behaviour seemed to have calmed down.

It had also dropped from the previous SDG680 to SGD500 for the night I was there so dedcided to give it a go. Personally, although I would not normally pay SGD500 a night to stay in Singapore, I think it's worth SGD500 but wouldn't pay SGD680. I'm not saying it isn't worth it, but that's too much for me personally for a night in Singapore.

There is no lounge but I got invited to a wine tasting session with the Chief Sommelier in the bar downstairs. I also got a nice suite so whether I got the invite due to that and/or because I am a Plat I'm not sure as the invite card didn't say.

I have still got the invitation somewhere along with some pics.