Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels near Newark Airport EWR, NJ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

SpringHill Suites EWR email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels near Newark Airport EWR, NJ

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Gold
I stayed at the Ren a couple of weeks ago; it has been redecorated and my room was very nice--no complaints. The CL was opened on the weekend for breakfast only, with the usual offerings. Had to take the Airtrain to the shuttle stop and waited quite a while for pick-up, but otherwise it worked fine.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mclain
I stayed at the Ren a couple of weeks ago; it has been redecorated and my room was very nice--no complaints. The CL was opened on the weekend for breakfast only, with the usual offerings. Had to take the Airtrain to the shuttle stop and waited quite a while for pick-up, but otherwise it worked fine.
usual offerings is good to hear! My stay is now Mon --> Tue so it's not a concern either way and the Ren is cheaper than the Marriott (on my corp rate).
Old Jan 7, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
I like the Ren a lot but haven't stayed at the Marriott. My first time there as a plat I scored a sweet upgrade (very large suite).
Old Jan 16, 2014, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
The SHS was apparently recently renovated, according to their web page and my reservation code. Between that & kitchenette, now I'm leaning towards them.
I played around with my FS reservation by breaking into different dates:

(Sat + Sun + Mon) = ((Sat) + (Sun + Mon) + $150)

So now my res rates are:
  • SHS = FI + $100
  • FS = SHS + $100

So with economics like that, I'm leaning towards FS when I factor in shuttle, lounge, fridge in room, & weekend brekkie.

I've noticed this before, when dividing a res into multiple res, I can sometimes get a better rate. But is there a method or process to test for this, or is it all trial & error?
Old Jan 16, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Have you checked Ren? I find it comparable to FS but like it better. Then again I go out for a run and there is no way to safely run around FS while Ren has an option.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I

I've noticed this before, when dividing a res into multiple res, I can sometimes get a better rate. But is there a method or process to test for this, or is it all trial & error?
Trial & error.

Cheers.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by iztok
Have you checked Ren? I find it comparable to FS but like it better. Then again I go out for a run and there is no way to safely run around FS while Ren has an option.
Strange, the Ren doesn't have an entry on the Lounges Open post.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 2:22 pm

Re-reading that thread, it looks like the truncation on Apr 2, 2012 cut off everything after Newark Airport Marriott. So the Ren probably got dropped in that fiasco.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 8:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Both EWR Marriott & Ren are currently listed in the New Jersey section & both had lounge updates as of 12/13.

Cheers.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 1:45 pm

First time staying at this particular Marriott location onsite at EWR. I must say, I will never stay at this location again.

-Poor wifi coverage within various parts of the hotel
-Rude check-in staff, was told that since I just booked the room (did it while getting off the plane) that "I would have to wait for everything to properly show up and return back to the desk in 10 minutes." - makes no sense at all, I have on numerous occasions booked a room at Marriott standing outside the hotel and it shows up instantly. I was in the system, but apparently can't check in that quick, huh?
-Ran into issues with the room, called down two occasions and stopped down in person. Each time told maintenance would show up, at 11:45p, gave up and went to bed. Had a knock at my door at 1:30am by maintenance....great.

Overall, just poor customer service. Never again.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Best option for Newark Airport

Will be staying overnight at EWR, family of four, including 2 children on points. Number of points are not a concern. We will be taking a cab from Manhattan in the evening. Which property is my best option?
Old Sep 7, 2014, 2:38 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Given the four people in one room I would probably point towards the Residence Inn across the Jersey Gardens Mall - you have a a guaranteed studio/suite and ample space for the family.

If that does not suit your taste, a colleague had a good experience with the Marriott on airport proper...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Sep 7, 2014, 5:32 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
the closest property is the EWR Marriott. Very efficient for getting to the airport in the AM
Old Sep 7, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
I prefer Ren EWR there over FS. They've been generous with upgrades for me there.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
SHS Newark Airport would also be a good choice for a family. Larger SHS sutdio suite room and complimentary breakfast.

--Jon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.