Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels near Newark Airport EWR, NJ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

SpringHill Suites EWR email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels near Newark Airport EWR, NJ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Made a mistake of booking at SHS EWR. Had a late check-in due to past midnight arrival, and it was indicated on the reservation. They ended up walking us to the CY Downtown Newark due to an oversold situation. No walking paperwork, no MOD available to handle the Ultimate Reservation Guarantee $100 compensation for Gold Elite members - was told to call back in the morning. No transportation was offered - only some Google Map driving directions. The FD clerk claimed that they had called my home phone number and left a message there, which was not the case since there was no message waiting.

Left a message with the GM in the morning, and she called back a few hours later, promising to mail the check. It's now been 3 weeks, and nothing have arrived.

Stay away from this property.
Agreed, I would be running this up Marriott already corporately. GM is jerking you around. I wouldn't have left without the $100 in my hand I don't care if they desk jockey has to wake the GM at home at midnight to do it.

You walk my arse you better be sure you're paying up, on the spot.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 3:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Escalate it with Marriott. They also owe you 90,000 points.
Originally Posted by Cargojon
Agreed, I would be running this up Marriott already corporately. GM is jerking you around. I wouldn't have left without the $100 in my hand I don't care if they desk jockey has to wake the GM at home at midnight to do it.

You walk my arse you better be sure you're paying up, on the spot.
Update: one day after filing the complaint with Corporate, a check magically showed up via FedEx 2 business days later from the franchisee. No follow-up from the GM, despite of the follow-up voicemail. Will be interesting to see Marriott Corporate's resolution response.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 10:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Update: one day after filing the complaint with Corporate, a check magically showed up via FedEx 2 business days later from the franchisee. No follow-up from the GM, despite of the follow-up voicemail. Will be interesting to see Marriott Corporate's resolution response.
You're still owed 90,000 points & they should have paid for the CY according to the guarantee policy for walking. Actually I don't remember if you get $100 as well. You might hold on to the check vs. cashing it in case the $100 isn't part of the deal, as they might say since you accepted/cashed it, you accepted the compensation. The 90K points is worth more.

Cheers.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 10:32 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
You're still owed 90,000 points & they should have paid for the CY according to the guarantee policy for walking. Actually I don't remember if you get $100 as well. You might hold on to the check vs. cashing it in case the $100 isn't part of the deal, as they might say since you accepted/cashed it, you accepted the compensation. The 90K points is worth more.

Cheers.
The hotel did cover the room rate at CY. 90,000 points are for Platinum members only (Gold here), and the $100 is available for all elite levels.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 1:13 pm

Have a very early flight to I'm going to return the rental car and stay overnight at the Marriott at EWR. I am renting at Hertz and it appears to be walking distance, but across multiple lanes of traffic.

Could anyone advise if I should attempt to walk direct (carry on only) or take the airtrain back to the terminal first?
Old Sep 5, 2015, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
I've done it before, it's not hard. You don't have to take the airtrain when coming back from a hotel (they'll drop you at departures for your terminal). It really only makes sense to talk to terminal A though, if you're going to B or C just wait for the shuttle.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 4:59 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

It's walkable, just be very aware of all directions.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Marriott-family hotels near Newark Airport, NJ

Watch out for the NJ road rage which is pretty common in Newark.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:59 pm

Nice hotel

A very quick review from a platinum person:
- was shocked how much I liked this hotel
- room was fantastic. obviously newly done. Bed was great, setup was great, liked having a table vs. a desk, etc. Window panes are super thick so very little to no sound coming through, I thought.
- lobby was fantastic
- location was good if you are needing a place for a single night or two
- service was solid
- concierge room was good. Only think I'd note would be that it is a little small / cramped / low ceiling.

All in all, really a surprisingly terrific hotel that I'd stay again for sure.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
It would be helpful if you said which hotel...
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by sf7flyer
A very quick review from a platinum person:
- was shocked how much I liked this hotel
- room was fantastic. obviously newly done. Bed was great, setup was great, liked having a table vs. a desk, etc. Window panes are super thick so very little to no sound coming through, I thought.
- lobby was fantastic
- location was good if you are needing a place for a single night or two
- service was solid
- concierge room was good. Only think I'd note would be that it is a little small / cramped / low ceiling.

All in all, really a surprisingly terrific hotel that I'd stay again for sure.
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
It would be helpful if you said which hotel...
That was my thought too! Which property?

Cheers.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA S/AGR S+/MR G/SW CP/AA Plat
The only hotel that meets the description should be the Newark Airport Marriott.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 5:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Why would the Marriott have been the only choice? The Renaissance has a CL, too, which is the only distinguishing feature in the list of things he liked.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Why would the Marriott have been the only choice? The Renaissance has a CL, too, which is the only distinguishing feature in the list of things he liked.
Exactly. That's why on the family threads it's helpful if FTers post specifically which property they're providing updates on, especially if there are multiple properties. It's not always obvious. Appreciate the reviews/updates, but helpful when we know which they are.

Cheers.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: UA S/AGR S+/MR G/SW CP/AA Plat
Sorry but I just think that the Windows at the Marriott EWR are the thicker and much quieter than the Renaissance hence my response--because of his window pane comment. I personally think it is the quietest on-airport hotel (regarding aircraft noise) that I have ever been in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.