Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels near Newark Airport EWR, NJ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

SpringHill Suites EWR email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels near Newark Airport EWR, NJ

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2016, 7:23 pm

Programs: AS,BA,HA,UA
Thanks

Thanks for the advice. Have to agree being as close to the airport as possible would be the best but the Marriott is a cat 7 and $300. Worth a little sleep maybe, but I'll probably go with free! FI?
Old May 18, 2016, 8:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
A few things from this guy's review/article dated May 14 2016 re: Newark Airport Marriott:

http://www.eturbonews.com/71195/etn-...marriott-hotel

Excerpt:

* Pool is now permanently closed.

* Starbucks on-site is only open in the morning.

* A very small “desk-like” table and a chair was located between my bed and the window. So I got settled in with my computer, but then I discovered that there was no way to plug my computer into an electric outlet, unless I moved and sat on a bed and then plugged it into the night stand lamp in between the two queen-size beds.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA PLAT. DL PLAT, AOPA, MUG CLUB AT ROCK BOTTOM
Is it possible to walk from the Marriott EWR to the terminal?
Old Nov 11, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hawkxp
It depends which terminal you're trying to get to, and whether you're comfortable jumping a guardrail into an access ramp to a parking lot.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 1:42 pm

C terminal and I can probably get her to do a 3' but nothing higher
Old Nov 11, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
C terminal and I can probably get her to do a 3' but nothing higher
Take the bus - it runs frequently. You have to dodge traffic to make it between the parking structure and the hotel on foot.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 2:17 pm

Thanks, if We have to shuttle; will probably do a hotel a little further away and less money. Lot of darn work for a 12 hr layover.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
yes. At 5:30/6 the traffic isn't that bad. The guardrail you're hopping over is maybe 18-24". I agree though that it's a steep price for maybe 15-20 min of extra sleep. I love the Renaissance. FI is probably the best bet on a budget.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 11:43 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Friends don't let friends fly from EWR.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Friends don't let friends fly from EWR.
Well, that certainly answered the question re: which property to stay at.

I agree that if one is going w/ a hotel that has a shuttle, might as well go for the less expensive option if it's only for 12 hours.

Cheers.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 7:37 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
FWIW, I did a FS and Ren EWR combo last month. The FS shuttle dropped me off directly at Terminal C (there was airline crew on the shuttle; don't know if that makes a difference). The Ren shuttle would only drop us off at the P4 AirTrain stop. Not having to take the AirTrain from P4 to the terminal was much appreciated.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Does anyone know if the Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott is still walkable? I only have a very small rollaboard and am fit.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist,
Still walkable, though you still have to cross a street with no crosswalk and in some places over a guardrail. I find the walk from the parking lot in front of terminal A easiest.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:47 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Marriott Newark Airport - Stay Report 7/8 - 7/9

Location: The hotel is located on the Newark Airport grounds across a parking lot from the terminals. Walking looks very doable, especially if you're coming from Terminal B, but it's not necessary. You're also close to the airport gas station. Newark Penn Station is an $8 Uber ride away and Hells Kitchen is a $50-70 Uber ride depending on if you're coming or going.

Hotel: It's an older property and some parts of the hotel feel like it while others don't. The lobby for instance is very nice and modern and airy thanks to a recent renovation. There are seating areas and a bar and restaurant and sundry store. The elevators are older and slow and the room hallways look very good.

Check In: A bit chaotic as the hotel was busy when I arrived and I had to wait a few minutes even in the elite line. That said, the agent was friendly and helpful and I was able to check in and get to my room at 9:45 AM which is a blessing.

Room: A little on the small side but still comfortable. There was a Smart TV, a bathroom with a really nice shower and a comfortable bed with outlets near it. I was a little disappointed there's no full size closet however.

Lounge: The lounge serves breakfast seven days a week and evening appetizers Monday through Thursday and Sunday. It's open 6 am to 11 PM Monday-Thursday and Sunday, 6 am to Noon Friday and 6 am to 10:30 AM Saturday. Breakfast had scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon and breads, a number of cereals and juices, coffee, yogurt etc. The staff here was great too.

While the hotel is obviously a little older, I think it's the best option at EWR among all the chains due to the location.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Where does the Ren EWR airport pick up from? I'll be coming in on Amtrak.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.