Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels near Newark Airport EWR, NJ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

SpringHill Suites EWR email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels near Newark Airport EWR, NJ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Staying at the EWR Marriott this weekend. Have stayed before the room renovations and it was average at best. Looking forward to the new rooms!
Old Dec 3, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
I have a stay at the FS EWR Marriott next week and expect to arrive around 5:30PM. Do you still need to call the hotel to get the shuttle or does it run a regular schedule at that time?
Old Dec 7, 2015, 6:58 am
Suspended

Marriott-family hotels near Newark Airport, NJ

Whatever you do stay away from the Courtyard on Rt 1,9.... It's such a worn down location that's right in front of a landfill. I actually felt unsafe while I was there...You pick the bus up at train stop P4... It runs every 30 minutes... I called and the operator was extremely rude... They did give me my Platinum upgrade to the suite.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I thought the FS Marriott shuttle was different and came to each terminal rather than P4 with all the other shuttles?
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:32 am
Suspended

I saw the FS Marriott shuttle come to P4....
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Strange, not what their website says (I always thought that would be one of the benefits of staying there, not having to go to P4).

Maybe someone screwed up and went to P4 and then called them and said come and get me?

http://www.marriott.com/hotelwebsite...rk_Airport.pdf
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:50 am
Suspended

You could be right... I used to pick up the van right behind the parking lot that's facing directly at the hotel... Who knows... That airport is like a jigsaw puzzle.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Marriott-family hotels near Newark Airport, NJ

I'll reiterate NOT to stay at EWR Courtyard off Rt 1,9.... I had a very poor experience there last Friday. The shuttle didn't come for an hour in which it should arrive every 30 minutes. There was a least 50 people waiting for it. I called the operator and she was EXTREMELY rude and called me a liar.... Long story short I was promised 15,000 points by the Front Desk mgr. the next morning.... Next thing I noticed was that they only credited me 1,500 and told me that I misunderstood.... I clearly remember the correct amount.... I'm a LT platinum and got almost no customer service..... Do urself a favor DON'T stay here!!!!!
Old Dec 7, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
You can call the EWR FS to pick you up at one of the shuttle stops in front of any of the terminals. It also picks up at P4.
Old May 8, 2016, 8:22 pm

Programs: AS,BA,HA,UA
Preferred Newark Airport Hotel?

Hi, my family will have a night in between UA flights and I have a 1-5 cert to use. Any advice on which Marriott property is preferred? Morning flight leaving is 7:30 AM so I don't think will be eating any free breakfasts at the property given what I've read about TSA wait times lately! Thanks!
Old May 8, 2016, 8:42 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

With apologies to John Mayer (and Jennifer Love Hewitt)...

"[Search] Is a Wonderland."

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...irport-nj.html
Old May 9, 2016, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by surfmission
Hi, my family will have a night in between UA flights and I have a 1-5 cert to use. Any advice on which Marriott property is preferred? Morning flight leaving is 7:30 AM so I don't think will be eating any free breakfasts at the property given what I've read about TSA wait times lately! Thanks!
If your budget will permit you to do so, save the cert for another time, and stay at the Marriott FS property on the airport proper. Given your early departure time, you will probably save yourself at least 45 minutes in getting to the terminal, as the frequency of their shuttle service surpasses that of any other property, and it is also a much shorter trip.

Also, my wife flew out of EWR yesterday, and she reported that it was a lengthy process to get through the TSA screening point, even with Pre Check.
Old May 9, 2016, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
IMO, the FI is the best EWR property. Yep, the FI. The Ren is a close second.
Old May 10, 2016, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The best Marriott hotel for EWR airport is by far the Renaissance. It's got great rooms, a good restaurant, decent bar scene for an airport hotel, great fitness center, good pool area as well. I live in Brooklyn when I was flying UA (before they made the program crap!), I used to stay there when I had early AM flights as it was more convenient to spend the night there after work Manhattan than it was to go home to BK & then get to EWR at the crack of dawn.

With that said, last time I flew from EWR, I stayed at the Marriott (which is on-site). That hotel was also excellent - and for a 7:30am flight, I'd probably take that one because it seems like the shuttle runs more regularly there and you'd get an extra 20 minutes of sleep. Also, if feeding a family, I think the menu at the Marriott is more family friendly for dinner than the Renaissance.

The Renaissance is off-site & nothing really near by (not like there's anything at the Marriott either - but I think I'd stay at the Marriott if I had family (closer in to airport & more family-friendly menu options for dinner).

If flying out of A at EWR - get their early...that's the worst security line & sometimes they don't have pre-check open in the mornings, making it even worse. If flying out of C, check both sets of lines - the one on the right (if you're face airside) is sometimes shorter than the ones on the left.
Old May 10, 2016, 9:11 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Renaissance is nicer but at that time of day I'd stay right at the Marriott.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.