Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels near Newark Airport EWR, NJ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

SpringHill Suites EWR email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels near Newark Airport EWR, NJ

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2013, 4:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Originally Posted by transportprof
Anyone stayed at the FS recently on a weekend, when the lounge was closed? If I read the amenities for Gold rewards right, this is supposed to yield a continental breakfast allowance in the restaurant.

Up-thread, somebody said they got nothing as a Platinum, but that was a few years back. I hope that the policy is now being adhered to, as this is one of the reasons I booked this hotel since making Gold.
I stayed there on Friday night (thanks United )

750 points offered at check in; in lieu of breakfast

I was up & out by 5am, so I took the points
Old Sep 26, 2013, 11:16 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Wickersley
I stayed there on Friday night (thanks United )

750 points offered at check in; in lieu of breakfast

I was up & out by 5am, so I took the points
Were you given a choice between the points and the breakfast? Or was it just a matter of points, with no option for breakfast? Our flight won't until mid-day, so I wouldn't mind breakfast.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Were you given a choice between the points and the breakfast? Or was it just a matter of points, with no option for breakfast? Our flight won't until mid-day, so I wouldn't mind breakfast.
It's cont'l brekkie or 750 points. The EWR properties are not on the exempt list (and those that are give 1,000 points).

Cheers.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
Stay away from the CY, FI, etc. They are not insulated well, by some odd design sit in the middle of the interstate and are a PITA to get to.

If you choose the Marriott, some of the rooms have a decent view of NYC, if that is important to you, ask at check-in.
I'll be staying near EWR on my own dime, a Sat - Tues in Jan. Right now I have a res at the FI and the SHS. If I'm not fussy about insulation or spending a few extra min on the shuttle, would they be OK? Right now, I can't justify spending twice as much for FS or Ren.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
The FS and Ren are not great, so I like your line of thinking!
Old Jan 3, 2014, 7:07 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
I'll be staying near EWR on my own dime, a Sat - Tues in Jan. Right now I have a res at the FI and the SHS. If I'm not fussy about insulation or spending a few extra min on the shuttle, would they be OK? Right now, I can't justify spending twice as much for FS or Ren.
It has been quite a few years (probably 5) since my last stay; however, with that disclaimer I always found the SHS to be fine. It is a typical SHS. They also use to start their breakfast service extra early to accommodate folks making early morning flights. I don't know if they still do so. I tried the CY there once and didn't like it. I don't have any experience with the FI. FI and SHS rates were usually about the same, so I always went with the SHS since they are generally nicer than FI's.

--Jon
Old Jan 4, 2014, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
It has been quite a few years (probably 5) since my last stay; however, with that disclaimer I always found the SHS to be fine. It is a typical SHS. They also use to start their breakfast service extra early to accommodate folks making early morning flights. I don't know if they still do so. I tried the CY there once and didn't like it. I don't have any experience with the FI. FI and SHS rates were usually about the same, so I always went with the SHS since they are generally nicer than FI's.

--Jon
The SHS was apparently recently renovated, according to their web page and my reservation code. Between that & kitchenette, now I'm leaning towards them.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
After staying at the EWR Marriott, I thought I'd post on our stay. Everything worked well, and we slept especially well with no interior or exterior noise.

Continental breakfast coupon was delivered at check-in, and was cheerfully served in the restaurant, as we stayed on a weekend when the lounge was closed.

Overall, it's the best airport hotel stay I've had in the NYC area over the years.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 4:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Did you use the shuttle? Efficient? I hate taking that stupid airtrain and THEN waiting for a shuttle so that makes this hotel more appealing to me.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
After staying at the EWR Marriott, I thought I'd post on our stay. Everything worked well, and we slept especially well with no interior or exterior noise.

Continental breakfast coupon was delivered at check-in, and was cheerfully served in the restaurant, as we stayed on a weekend when the lounge was closed.

Overall, it's the best airport hotel stay I've had in the NYC area over the years.
Any recent data how the Ren handles the free BF on weekends? I have a stay @ EWR coming up in late January and having vastly different ways of handling the new BF on weekends I am looking for addn. feedback on the Ren.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DL-Don
The lounge at the Marriott is closed on the weekend so they give you about $11 for the continental breakfast off the restaurant menu. The Ren's lounge is open but the offerings are reduced (just eggs, no other meat) over what they offer during the week. Additionally, the Ren's lounge doesn't open until 7 AM on weekends which can be problematic depending on your flight time.
yuck. Still true for the Ren? Opening at 7 and much reduced offerings? Other than reduced hot food items, any other reductions on the std continental spread? Pastries, fruit, yogurt etc.?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
... nevermind ...
Old Jan 6, 2014, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
It's a very good FI. It's much quieter than the FS or the Ren. I like the Ren. The FS is on my personal list of worst properties in the chain. I've not stayed in the SHS.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 12:26 am

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
I've stayed at the SHS and liked everything except it wasn't showing up on any GPS. That was a few years back so maybe the road is now listed. We spent a lot of time zooming past it when we missed the turn.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Teamstone
I've stayed at the SHS and liked everything except it wasn't showing up on any GPS. That was a few years back so maybe the road is now listed. We spent a lot of time zooming past it when we missed the turn.
Well, I won't need GPS. I plan to just take shuttle from/to airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.