Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Prague, Czech Republic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Prague, Czech Republic

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2009, 2:59 pm

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
Thanks to all for the additional information. Now I know from which train station I should try to book our ticket to Krakow as well as an alternate method from the airport to the hotel. I'm really glad to hear about the computers and internet access in the CL. I'm printing out this thread, doing a little highlighting, and putting it in my trip folder. Thanks, again!
Old Sep 3, 2009, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold, MR Plat (life gold), SPG Gold
The hotel may have done away with brekkie in the exec lounge as there was none this week. They did however (the weekdays I was there) have evening apps. Breakfast (full buffet) was available in the restaurant downstairs just -- no charge for golds+ or CL level guests.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 10:07 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Awesome property...on exchanging money...I used the hotel ATM once and then an ATM located a few feet down from the hotel - turn left out the front door and there is a cheesy "mall" with an ATM inside. The hotel ATM charged about five times what the ATM in the mini-mall charged. The fee in the mini-mall was just a couple bucks.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 4:18 am

Flora

The Marriott is the best location, if its too expensive I'd check the Flora Courtyard - its directly across from a metro station and you can be in Old Town in 5 minutes. I've only stayed there once but the room was clean and comfortable. Can't say too much else about the hotel as spent the time in Prague. One other nice thing is that there is a mall across the street also with a huge food court.

The airport hotel is nice, but as others point out it will take you about 30 minutes to get to the old town area. but you can do it by bus/metro. The #119 bus takes you to the red line and the #100 bus takes you to the yellow line. #119 runs about every ten minutes whereas #100 runs about every 30 minutes. Its a nice hotel but I only stay there when I'm connecting early in the morning through Prague or when rates are sky high in the city and its for a day or two.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 3:08 am

Programs: Delta Plt,American Lifetime Platinum
Prague courtyard flora

After all the great advice on the marriott in prague i booked the courtyard and would appreciate any inforamtion on this property. It is out of the main stream but priced right and on a metro station.
Thanks in advance:
Old Sep 6, 2009, 8:26 am

Well its a courtyard so not too much to say really. I think I posted in your other thread.

Its across from the metro station Flora which is on the green line. Personally when I travel to Prague I always use the public transport system instead of taxis. Take the bus #100 to the yellow line or the Bus #119 to the red line. You have to change either way, the 119 runs about 3 times as often as the yellow line. They will take you to the metro and you'll need to connect....on the yellow line at Mustek and on the red line at Muzeum....either one then go in the direction of Depo Hostivat...and get off on Flora.

You'll come out right by the shopping center across the street and can the hotel is across the street and down about 25 meters if I recall correctly. I think that once I had gone to the hotel once I actually walked through part of the mall and out directly across the hotel. There is a large food court upstairs in the mall that has a number of decent restaurants as well as some of the normal fast food.

Breakfast was good (it was part of my rate so don't know how much it was) and the room was clean. Thats about it.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
This hotel is fairly new and not your typical Courtyard. It is in highrise format and the rooms are much nicer than a US Courtyard.

The previously description is right about being across from the shopping center and walking through the center makes it easier to get to the hotel across the street.

As I recall once you take the airport bus to the train station - it is direct (without change) to Flora. Flora is 4 stops from the main downtown station.

Get a subway pass and then it is very easy to go back and forth. The train stops around midnight -but depending on what you like to do at night - there are bars for the younger crowd in the neighborhood - more the local crowd.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 3:13 pm

Programs: MR Platinum, UA, AA, etc. etc. etc.
There's a great little restaurant that doesn't look like much on the main drag, near the shopping center. We had our best meal in Prague there. My wife thought she was ordering the nicest glass of wine in the place for $8, and it turned out to be a bottle. We had a blast. Also, there is a grocery store in the shopping center across the street if you're looking for a cheap breakfast.
fedor likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone know how to make a day rate booking at this hotel? Is it possible to do it with points or do they charge the full price?
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
I am surprised how little discussion there has been on this hotel.

Can someone provide an update on this property, especially with respect to the executive lounge. How is breakfast? Is the lounge open on weekends? Do Platinum's get recognized?

Would also appreciate opinions on this property versus either Hilton (the original Hilton's executive lounge gets rave reviews in the Hilton forum).
Old Mar 22, 2010, 9:41 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by travelexpert
I am surprised how little discussion there has been on this hotel.

Can someone provide an update on this property, especially with respect to the executive lounge. How is breakfast? Is the lounge open on weekends? Do Platinum's get recognized?

Would also appreciate opinions on this property versus either Hilton (the original Hilton's executive lounge gets rave reviews in the Hilton forum).
Late Nov/Beginning of December: breakfast was typical European in the lounge. Was not there over a weekend, but I didn't see anything to indicate that it was closed on weekends. Platinum was offered arrival gift... and room ready for early arrival (I was in by 9 AM).

Cannot compare to the Hilton. But I found the lounge was not quite as good as the one in Budapest (which was outstanding). The hotels are across the street from each other.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Lounge is open at weekends (stayed last month), and its very nice. Wine and local Beer is complimentary and breakfast was offered in the coffee shop for Platinum Card.

If you have a platinum card the Salmon Platter Welcome Gift is outstanding!

Loved the location of this hotel, and the service was impeccable.

My one constructive crititism is that the heating was too hot.... and the in room aircon was disabled because its winter!
Old Mar 24, 2010, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
Cannot compare to the Hilton.....The hotels are across the street from each other.
The Hilton across the street is known as the Hilton Old Town--I have not seen much in the way of complimentary reviews for this property (which was a Renaissance until about 1 year ago).

There is another Hilton a mile or two away that has a legendary executive lounge.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 8:42 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Just stayed 3 nights at Courtyard Prague Flora on a fri/sat/sun nights.

Booked package,

Rate Rules includes American breakfast daily, wired high-speed internet, wireless internet, self parking

for 2333.00 CZK per night.

Was pre-upgraded to a large corner room. Can't remember the specific catagory. It was very comfortable ( but see below ) and much larger then my friends basic room down the hall.

The breakfast was good, the internet is fast, but hardline ONLY in the room. Had to go to lobby to use Iphone wi-fi. Car was safe in monitored basement garage.

Staff was excellent and friendly.

This property is conveniently located across street from a large mall with metro stop, grocery store, and very nice coffee shop with free wi-fi.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Marriott, do something about the concrete slabs that are called mattresses at this property and the Courtyard Pilsen !!!
Old Jun 19, 2010, 7:39 pm

I stayed at this property October of last year and it was a typical courtyard experience. The location as others above me is mentioned ideal if you want to use the public transport. It is across from the mall and also the train station. Not to creep you out but it is also right across from a graveyard.

If you can find parking in front of the hotel, 3 to 4 spaces. Park over there, it will save you from paying for garage parking. The hotel front desk told me that I couldn't part over there but I saw cars parked over there over night and nothing was done to them. Breakfast at the hotel is pretty standard fare nothing special.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.