Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Prague, Czech Republic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Prague, Czech Republic

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2019, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
One is one of the cooler, more interesting, beautiful, historical, unique properties you can stay at w/in the chain

The other is a Marriott
supatight80 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Ok, to add to my previous posts. I just completed a stay at Carlo IV, Dedica Anthology hotel (formerly Boscolo) and while it was nice, the Marriott is better for a couple reasons.

While they are only 3 blocks from each other, the Marriott is in a much nicer location with two markets/grocery stores on either side of it; out the front door of the Marriott Billa is to the right and Delmart Millenium is to the left, and an open air market on weekdays just past Billa market.

Rooms at the Marriott are larger along with larger bathrooms.

Beds are much better quality at the Marriott.

Marriott has a lounge, whereas Carlo IV does not.

Breakfast was nice at Carlo and they make eggs to order. The Marriott had a 4 day conference during my stay, and while I could get a titanium override the price was about €80 higher than Carlo IV so I decided to stay there and check it out. Carlo IV is catercorner from the train station and not much else on the street other than a very small liquor store across the street. The hotel lobby is pretty in a traditional/historical (what history I'm not sure) sense. Rooms are rather plain and beds while functional are very basic and nothing to write home about. Check in area are open french provincial tables in the lobby, kind of odd IMO.

Staff at both hotels were very nice.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:44 am

Recently had a one-night stay at the Courtyard Prague Airport before an early flight, and had a great stay. Arrived late afternoon from Prague and the room was ready, was preemptively upgraded to a "studio", oddly named because they undersell it in that it is in fact a true suite with closing doors on the bedroom. $10 F&B credit was only for the restaurant, not the pantry, so took the points. It's an atrium-style hotel which is great if you want a quiet room, just ask for an inward-facing one (the floor of the atrium is on the 2nd floor so it doesn't seem like it ever gets loud inside). Bedding is good, bathroom does the job, and you can't get any closer to the terminals since it's probably 200m max via connected skybridge.

The property is exactly what you need in an airport hotel and nothing more.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan 35K
Looking to book two weekend nights in June before a wedding. Any recommendations. Location in/near the old town is important to us.

I have some Marriott Bonvoy points to burn before the Deval, but if the value is not there, can pay cash. Titanium status.

Thank you
Old Feb 21, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
If you want to be near old town, the Prague Marriott and the Augustine are your best bets, with the Marriott being closer and having more restaurants, etc. in the immediate neighborhood but the Augustine being the nicer hotel.
ronjames likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
If you want to be near old town, the Prague Marriott and the Augustine are your best bets, with the Marriott being closer and having more restaurants, etc. in the immediate neighborhood but the Augustine being the nicer hotel.
Thanks. I'm a Titanium Member and am seeing a rate of CAD $228 at the Prague Marriott vs $166 at the Unitas Hotel. Seems like using points on the Augustine is not a good redemption value wise.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 6:25 pm

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Originally Posted by ronjames
Thanks. I'm a Titanium Member and am seeing a rate of CAD $228 at the Prague Marriott vs $166 at the Unitas Hotel. Seems like using points on the Augustine is not a good redemption value wise.
Augustine is very expensive, however it is by far the best among all Prague Marriott hotels. The location is great as well. As a Czech Canadian, I have visited there several times, always for a special occasion.

If you are looking for value, try Marriot Courtyard on Lucemburska Street. It is easily reachable by subway, next to wonderful shopping center Flora. It is a good hotel.
ronjames likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 7:26 pm

Thanks for this. I have some decisions to make then. I'm getting a rate of CAD $311/night all in with the Augustine. Do you think it's worth the extra $$$?

As far as the Courtyard, maybe if it was are 3-4th visit to Prague, but this will only be our 2nd visit, and we're just there for 2 nights before we're going to northern Czechia for a wedding, so location is very important for us!
Vaclav likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 6:44 am

Thanks for this. I have some decisions to make then. I'm getting a rate of CAD $311/night all in with the Augustine. Do you think it's worth the extra $$$?

As far as the Courtyard, maybe if it was are 3-4th visit to Prague, but this will only be our 2nd visit, and we're just there for 2 nights before we're going to northern Czechia for a wedding, so location is very important for us!
ronjames - life is short, I know - have more years behind me than ahead of me. I'd go for the Augustine since it is only a 2 night stay, and enjoy to the fullest. Barring any unforeseen hiccups, you will have a very unique experience.
ronjames likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 9:12 am

I appreciate this. I made a reservation for the Augustine for this time. I'm keeping my reservation with the Marriott so I'll keep my options open!
Vaclav likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 4:05 pm

I appreciate this. I made a reservation for the Augustine for this time. I'm keeping my reservation with the Marriott so I'll keep my options open!
If possible, cancelable reservation is preferred. At least we know what is the maximum price. Should anything else come along less expensive (for the same or better deal), just rebook and cancel the previous reservation.

You mentioned Titanium status - it will likely go a long way there. Once ready, I'd email the hotel GM with upgrade inquiries etc. For June, I'd guess that prices will only go up as the arrival date approaches.

The Augustine is also available via Amex Platinum Travel with USD 100 food and beverage credit, room upgrade, early check in, 4pm check out and daily breakfast for two. This is booked through Fine Hotels and Resorts, Amex Platinum required.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:53 am

I had a nice stay at the Marriott in the fall. Lounge is closed, so certificate for appetizers and drinks in the evening and a great breakfast buffet. Location is also great and an easy walk from the train station.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 6:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Opinions on 2 nights at the Marriott and 2 nights at the Augustine, or 4 nights at the Augustine?

Pricing isn't too much of a concern. Have Titanium and available SNAs.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Have you been to Prague before? If not, I'd recommend two nights at each hotel as the Marriott is well located to walk to old town but the Augustine is the better hotel. If you've been to Prague and you know how to get around, then go for 4 nights at the Augustine.
Vaclav likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 1:36 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Nope, it will be my first time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.