Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Prague, Czech Republic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Prague, Czech Republic

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Can confirm platinum amenity is still amazing. Choice of cheese plate, variety of salmon (which front desk suggested I avoid as it is now early in the evening and they suggested salmon may not be so fresh), antipasta (meat) plate and something else which I forget. I ordered red wine and a FULL bottle of fair Czech wine was delivered. I also ordered cheese plate and I received 4 thick slices each of a good chevre, camembert, blue and 8 strips of a hard swiss. Some greens. One long breadstick. Huge. Comes with 4 thick slices each of brown and white bagette. I asked to try a bit of the salmon and they brought a few slices each of 2 different types (with lemon slices). I think salmon had been frozen. Not great quality but the cheeses are delicious. This platinum amenity puts ANY I've ordered at a full service Marriott in USA to shame.

Very nice room with a refrigerator and tea setup. Safe. Wish they had included a complimentary bottle of water. Hotel feels very clean and new. Front desk was cheerful and helpful. Internet is very fast.

CNBC, Bloomberg and a few other english channels including BBC, CNN, Skynews.

Last edited by fmkgb; Oct 14, 2012 at 2:02 pm
Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the updated trip report!

Cheers.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 4:47 pm

You can drink the tap water, it is safe all over Czech Republic.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 4:49 pm

And if the water doesn't taste good, switch to beer.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by mlb1
And if the water doesn't taste good, switch to beer.

Cheers.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 3:25 am

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
As a now active member of this community, wanted to contribute to this thread.

I stayed here for 2 nights in early October.

Thought it was a beautiful hotel. Incredibly stylish, the lobby alone was wonderful. Even if you're not staying here, it's almost worth going in just to view this!

We were staying in a superior room in the old wing of the hotel. Opulence and grandure at every turn. The room itself was beautiful, makes a nice change from the 'standard' Marriott decor. Really well appointed. Bathroom very large.

Breakfast was very full and had everything you'd expect.

I was shown a standard room in the newer wing, and was quite small and not as stylishly decorated at all, in fact, would be marginally disappointed. So make sure you ask for a room in the main part of the hotel.

The staff were very courteous and the concierge went out of her way to help. Very pleased in this regard.

There is a reasonable gym downstairs and a very decent spa area/swimming pool.

Wouldn't hesitate to return here if the opportunity allowed.

It was surprising how low it scores on tripadvisor, perhaps people weren't in the main part of the hotel.

Highly recommended.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:32 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
deleted.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 12:57 pm

Recommendations for Prague Hotel

We are planning to spend a week in Prague in the spring of 2014 and would be interested in recommendations on which hotel to use.

We looking at

-- Prague Marriott Hotel
--Boscolo Prague, Autograph Collection.

If is matters, we are Platinum

Thank you.

Tom Marchessault
Old Oct 25, 2013, 10:00 pm

We stayed at the Boscolo last year for a couple of days and it was fabulous. Beautiful hotel in an old bank building (they turned the vault into a cigar bar). As plats, we received free breakfast every day - great buffet. My kids loved the fact that they had a dessert table at breakfast. We were on the main floor in two rooms. Both very nice - really high ceilings, nice furniture, comfy beds. The pool area was awesome too.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 8:47 am

I stayed at the Marriott in Old Town & liked it. It has an exec lounge, so if you want a place for brekkie or evening appetizers that's available. They'll upgrade you to exec level room, but they won't usually upgrade you to suite (even if available & even if Plat). They're pretty firm about selling them as upgrades, so you can get one but it will cost you some $$ to upgrade. It was renovated within the last 2 years.

Cheers.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
We enjoyed the CL in the FS. It gave us a place to unwind at the end of the day before going to dinner and was a good meeting place in the morning. as we were in two different rooms. Also, the CL was a good place to hear from other tourist what shouldn't be missed. The first time, we didn't get to the synagogue in the alley near the hotel, but, after hearing raves from other guests, walked over there. It was spectacular, but a little off the beaten path. We would have missed it but for the conversation in the CL.

It's not up to the standard of Sharon's beloved AMS FS CL, but it's pretty good.

One more suggestion.... Jump on a train one day and go to a small, old town outside Prague. Find something with a town square near the train station. Examples: Kutna Hora, Karlstejn.

Last edited by CJKatl; Oct 26, 2013 at 9:02 am
Old Oct 26, 2013, 4:07 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I've stayed in all the Marriott Prague hotels. The Marriott FS itself is centrally located and is exactly what you'd expect.

The Boscolo is full of "olde worlde" charm! Very traditional.

Don't rule out the Courtyard Flora if you get a good rate. It's right beside a metro station - it's modern, spacious - a very, very good Courtyard.

You won't go wrong with any of these.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 5:20 am

Programs: GGL CCR
Boscolo gets my vote

Have stayed at Hilton and Boscolo - Boscolo wins hands down.

Gene
Old Oct 28, 2013, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Genemage
Have stayed at Hilton and Boscolo - Boscolo wins hands down.

Gene
Do you mean Marriott & Boscolo? A comparison of Boscolo to Hilton isn't really what the OP is asking.

Cheers.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:23 am

Prague Marriott

Does Prague Marriott entitle lounge access to more than 1 room booked under Platinum member's account?

Besides, how's the snacks and drinks offered in the lounge?

Thanks a lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.