Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Prague, Czech Republic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Prague, Czech Republic

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2007, 3:30 pm

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by timo469
I just stayed at the Marriott and was not impressed at all. The rooms didn't have robes, or hair conditioner. I can't believe a catagory 6 Marriott didn't have either of these. I asked, and was told only executive level rooms get these ammenities.

The concierge sent me to a restaurant that was booked solid. She didn't mention the need for a reservation, which was rather annoying. Another concierge sent me to the same restaurant the next night, and said I shouldn't need a reservation. I insisted she call, and of course, they were booked solid.

The worst was housekeeping waking me up at 7:15am on a Monday morning, on the day I was checking out anyways. They came back again at 9:30 too, I didn't understand this, as I had not checked out yet.

Next time in Prague, I will be staying at the Hilton.

Cheers,

Timo

Hotel catagories have nothing to do with amentities.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GlennTheBaker
I stayed at the Renaissance last month. I got upgraded to the Presidential Suite as I was getting married in Prague . The lounge was very nice. The food was pretty good and the service was just fine.

The hotel is in pretty good condition but the room decor does need a refresh.
Thanks and congrats! Did you bake the wedding cake?
Old Jun 29, 2007, 8:46 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by timo469
I just stayed at the Marriott and was not impressed at all. The rooms didn't have robes, or hair conditioner. I can't believe a catagory 6 Marriott didn't have either of these. I asked, and was told only executive level rooms get these ammenities.
Most FS properties I've stayed at don't include robes in a standard room. A simple request via the Virtual Concierge or a phone call to housekeeping upon arrival has always resulted in robes being promptly delivered to the room.
Old Jun 29, 2007, 3:01 pm

Programs: DELTA PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, etc.
Only stayed at the Ren... was upgraded to a Junior Suite near the lounge. There was a nice handwritten card and gifts waiting for us in the room when we arrived, and the phone was already ringing when we got to the room. It was the GM calling to welcome us and give us personal contact info if we needed anything.

I've got no reason to try the Marriott when the treatment is this good at the Ren... the room we had was in good condition, not brand-new decor, but not unplaesant at all.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by zakami
I am going to Prague over Thanksgiving and would you recommend the Hilton there or one of the Marriott properties? I am indifferent since I am Diamond at Hilton and Platinum at Marriott and this will be an award stay.

As a Hilton Diamond and Marriott Gold, I would appreciate insights whether to choose Marriott, Reniassance or Hilton in Prague with respect to (a) Quality of room (assuming upgrade to executive floor), (b) Lounge offerings with respect to breakfast and offerings throughout the day (including weekends).
Old Jul 13, 2007, 7:47 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
When are you staying? The Renaissance is closed as of this coming Sunday, 15 July for renovations - re-opening Monday 1 October. The Marriott has recently undergone refurbishment.

I've stayed at both the Marriott (twice) and the Renaissance (3 times) but have only sampled the lounge at the Ren. I found it to be a very pleasant environment. Breakfast was the usual continental selection of pastries, fruit, yoghurt, etc with scrambled egg also available. The food available at other times was also very nice. Service was very good and the lounge was kept tidy by the attendant without you feeling rushed.

I did mean to have a quick look around the Marriott (have only stayed there pre-refurb) but did not have time. I've never stayed at the Hilton so can't comment.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 6:00 am

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Marriott Courtyard Prague

Does anyone have experience with this hotel in Prague as far as good location for access to major tourist areas? Thanks.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 1:36 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
There are 2 Courtyards in Prague; the one at the airport, and the other called the Courtyard Prague Flora. I stayed in the Courtyard Flora about 3 months ago and had a great stay (with the exception of an internet access pricing issue which I wrote about some time ago.) There is a nice restaurant on the property, and the staff is fluent in many languages including English. The Prague Metro station named "Flora" is literally across the street from the Courtyard. The Metro runs frequently, is cheap, very fast and the main tourist area is only about 3 or 4 stops away. We were there 3 days and never had to take a taxi or bus. We stayed there because at the time there was a substantial price difference between this property and the FS Marriott near Wenceslas Square. We were not disappointed with our decision. Hope you have a nice trip.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 3:06 pm

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Thank you. It's a good recommendation. Do you know of any other hotel chains that would have properties in Prague. I am familiar with the Hilton Prague. I have little bits of points for Starwood, Hyatt, etc. Just thought I might get a free night or something.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 9:30 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
Unfortunately my only hotel experience in Prague was with this property and I have no other suggestions. Perhaps others on this board can help. Best of luck.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 6:18 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
Didn't want to start an unnecessary new thread

I just checked out of the Courtyard Prague Flora yesterday.
I made my reservations relatively last minute to meet up with some friends in Prague, and this was the only place I could stay without spending a lot more money. I told reservations when I booked it that I would be hanging out with some friends, and given my age (young enough to still enjoy the club scene) I would be interested in the local attractions and clubs.
When I checked in the front desk had a package of information ready for me and my friends on all of the area attractions and metro stations. The hotel is literally across the street from the Flora station, and is only 4 stops from the city center. On top of all the guides (all of them were in English too), the front desk agent told me to stop by and he would make me a list of clubs and bars with brief descriptions of each. Also a very important note: they did all this WITHOUT me ever mentioning anything to them.
The rooms were pretty nice for a courtyard and the staff was excellent. I will be heading back (thanks to awesome service) in a month when my American friends head out this way. I hate to overdo the thanks, but once again this is why I stay primarily with Marriott ^.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 11:05 am

Stayed recently

Also stayed here recently and I agree its a good hotel. The breakfast buffet is excellant and you'll have a good variety of food/drinks to choose from. As others said the metro is directly across the street as is a nice shopping mall with a variety of food options available. The only thing I'd point out is that if your flying into the airport and taking public transport to the hotel you'll have to make a change of metro lines and carry your luggage up a flight of stairs (though probably only about 20 steps).

The staff were generally good and the room was clean. Flat screen tv with generally news channels in English, some German and Czech channels for shows. Internet access is fairly expensive at 450 czech crowns per day. And for some reason it took about 5-10 minutes for it to connect with my laptop and I had a problem later on restarting my computer - had to actually get my IT guys to fix it on Monday. Other than that it was a great stay and I think this cost wise is a great choice in Prague.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 3:36 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Booked another Renaissance stay

We stayed at the Renaissance for 8 days back in 2004 and had a great stay. We were upgraded to a suite, the staff was remarkable, and the lounge was great as well. The food at the lounge was first rate - even sushi one night (they have a sushi restaurant in the hotel). The concierge was so very helpful - she got us great tickets to the opera, arranged transport to Karlovy Vary, and had great restaurant recommendations.

We are going to Prague for a week around new years and I was really debating trying the Marriott or the Hilton, but after reading all of the reviews here and on Trip Advisor decided to go with the Renaissance once again. We were going to use points (here or at Hilton) but decided this would be the best.

All of the renovations will be done by then as well - so it should be even better!

Anyone stayed there recently?
Old Aug 26, 2007, 9:43 pm

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
I stayed there a week before it was closed. They had the breakfast in the banquent room. I had a nice renovated room with wood decor and a nice flat panel TV. The only drawback was the inner courtyard view. I did ask the concierge for restaurant recommendations, but was only presented with the restaurant in the hotel.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 9:06 am

Renaissance Prague leaving the Marriott system

I recently made a reservation at the Renaissance Prague for 20-22 October 2007. The hotel was supposed to re-open after refurbishment on 1 October but I noticed that this had been put back to 1 November. I emailed to ask what would happen to my reservation should the hotel not be open and received the following reply:-

Dear GlennTheBaker,

The Marriott Customer Care office has forwarded us your inquiry in regards to your reservation at the Renaissance Prague Hotel, October 20-22, 2007. As you already know the hotel is currently closed for reconstruction and will open only on November 1, 2007. Unfortunately, we just learned that this property will no longer operate under the Renaissance name and will not be part of the Marriott hotel chain.

Our reservations department is working on relocating the current reservations and offers the alternative accommodation within the Marriott properties in Prague.

We can offer you for October 20-22, 2007, the Prague Marriott hotel at Marriott Reward certificate for 55.000 points.
Or Deluxe room in Prague Marriott hotel for the special weekend rate of 169 Euro excluding 5%VAT and breakfast.
Please contact our reservations department and we will be delighted to change your reservation.

Again my apologies for any inconveniences and look forward to be soon of service to you again in one of our Marriott properties.

Yours sincerely,

Khaled Al Jamal
General Manager

My room rate is currently 89.25 Euro/night - about half the rate being offered at the Marriott for the same nights. I also have a reservation there for 15-17 December at 74.25 Euro/night. Any ideas as to how I should proceed?

Last edited by GlennTheBaker; Sep 7, 2007 at 7:26 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.