Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center, Vancouver BC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2022, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center, Vancouver BC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2008, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
What is the best way to get from YVR to the hotel?

Is there breakfast served for Platinums at the lounge?

Thanks.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 12:03 am

Programs: Marriott LTP - Aeroplan 50K
Originally Posted by Motion122

Thanks.
I believe it was discussed elsewhere but if by yourself, the sky shuttle ($12 each way IIRC); if with a family of 3 or 4 people, a taxi is actually cheaper.

Yes, breakfast and evening appies for Plats.

Singlepoint
Old Nov 25, 2008, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Motion122

Thanks.
The Airporter goes direct from both YVR terminals to the front of the Wall Centre. As single pointed out, if more than 3-4 it may be cheaper to take a taxi.

The Club Lounge is in the older South Tower and the breakfast is strictly continental, but the lounge has a nice view. (They also have an honor bar at night as well as some snacks.)
Old Nov 25, 2008, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
I stay at this hotel quite often and always get an upgrade they have some unusual rooms but who cares.^
Old Dec 1, 2008, 1:55 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE, SPG Platinum
Wall Center

I stayed at the Wall Center last week. I was in a 2 bedroom South Tower suite. The room furniture is getting a little dated, but the view from our corner suite was amazing. It also had a full kitchen with fridge/stove/ and dishwasher. The lounge does have a very nice continental breakfast with amazing pastries which I ate too many of. You can toast your own bagels/bread and they have a bowl of hard boiled eggs plus all the other ususal stuff like fruite, cereals etc. In the evening they have a choice of four hot little nibblies (quiche, samosa, chicken wings etc.), but there is no honour bar, the attendant comes around and takes your alcohol drink order (soft drinks / coffee are free ). In the evening they also have a veggie plate, cheese plate, fruite plate and smoked salmon plate. The pool is quite a hike from the south tower. That and the price of parking $26/day were my only gripes. I would definitely stay there again.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 10:06 am

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver
Just completed two stays at this property and I can very much recommend it! My experience was just as the above poster; the service was excellent, free breakfast in the restaurant downstairs (for a family of four!) when the lounge was closed for Christmas, and we received a junior suite (two beds actually, with a separate 'bedroom' and a king bed in the outside room) and two bedroom suite (full kitchen) on the two stays. The pool is a trek outside but you can access it without exiting the building by going through the north tower third floor (i.e. don't follow the signs). Parking is steep, but not more so than the other downtown Vancouver properties. Also, the two jacuzzis were both broken; hopefully they will fix this soon. Evening appetizers also included for us a seared tuna and smoked salmon plate. The FD said that the South tower is older, but all the suites are there; if you don't want a suite, perhaps try the other tower for a newer room. The location is a short walk from all the downtown bustle... Vancouver is a great city!
Old Mar 5, 2009, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA (1MM); SPG Plat
Stayed one night last saturday night. The Front Desk agent told us that we were upgraded to a crystal suite. When we got there, the room was tiny, no sofa; I would consider this room a standard room, why would they think this is a suite? Oh, the room number was xx15 with a balcony (facing the south side in the south tower).

We took the cab from the airport, and the meter rang up around $28/29 CAD, so we gave him $35 CAD. On the way back, the meter was $26.25 CAD.
Old Mar 6, 2009, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by sink
Stayed one night last saturday night. The Front Desk agent told us that we were upgraded to a crystal suite. When we got there, the room was tiny, no sofa; I would consider this room a standard room, why would they think this is a suite? Oh, the room number was xx15 with a balcony (facing the south side in the south tower).

We took the cab from the airport, and the meter rang up around $28/29 CAD, so we gave him $35 CAD. On the way back, the meter was $26.25 CAD.
I didn't realize the XX15 rooms were called Crystal Suites!

I almost always get a Junior Suite (very nice!), or a King suite on the 30+ floors.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 9:45 am

Programs: Lifetime Levels in AA & Marriott
July 2009 Stay

Currently doing a week here, and:
-Service: Outstanding service thus far with time being taken to make sure all questions are answered and directions are clear. Event the gentleman at the check-in desk in the middle of the night was pleasant. (Perhaps people are just generally nicer in YVR than in L.A.).

-Room: South Tower Room, 24xx (faces SW): A little tired in the furnishing and paint departmern, but fully functional. Rather large (as compared to the Westin Grand D.C. and Westin Tysons Corner where I spent last week). I'd say on par for most US Sheratons I've stayed at.

-Parking: My opinion, but the underground garage just sucks. It seems to be more public and reserved parking than guest parking. And it's costly.

-Location: Right on the edge of "sketchy," with many homeless and soup kitchen lines bordering the property. A better location IMO would be the Hyatt. That said, the property itself has many amenities (Starbucks, wine shop, etc.) and is nice.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 2:03 pm

Programs: AC-E, SPG-Plat, GP-P, HH-G
Just completed a brief 2 nite FWN stay. I wanted to burn a couple fo the FWNs. I knew that the hotel was completely sold out during my stay and did not think I would be upgraded. The lobby in the South Tower was a complete zoo during check in around 1:30 pm. No dedicated SPG check in line, though the placard was up. Front desk was pleasant, acknowledged plat status and guessed points. Then advised me that I was upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite, but it would take about an hour to have the room ready but I could use the club lounge if I wanted. After lunch, retrieved my keys and went to the room. The room is reasonably sized, with a small wet bar area in the living room. The bedroom is pretty tiny and just barely fits the king bed, but was quite cozy. Nice views from the 26th floor. Club floors are 25,26 and 27. Lounge is located on the 25th floor, but an internal spiral staircase connects to the 26th floor room, which has a computer and some additional tables. 27th floor has an additional lounge but I did not check it out.
The rooms are started to look pretty dated. While everything was still functional and clean, the dark blue carpet made the entire room appear dark (which is pretty difficult to do given that the windows are floor to ceiling).

I stayed in the North Tower last year due and recall the rooms were much more modern (newer tower), but was advised that the North Tower has no suites. The South Tower could use a makeover, but overall, it was a pleasant stay.

While the hotel was extremely busy and the small lobby was packed, everything I requested was promptly addressed (i.e valet, room service). Food from room service was mediocre.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 11:56 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I second the recc on the YVR Airporter being the best way to get from YVR to the Sheraton Wall Centre. Stops right in front of the hotel and runs appx every 20 mins.
Just FYI, the YVR Airporter ceased operations Sept. of '09.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 2:11 pm

In case anyone just went "Oh no!" the reason for this is the new Skytrain system running from YVR to Downtown Vancouver. The Sheraton is about a 5 minute walk from the Granville Skytrain station. The train takes 20 minutes.

Happy Travels!

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Just FYI, the YVR Airporter ceased operations Sept. of '09.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 6:33 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AC*E, PC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Gold
Just came back from two back to back stayovers at the Wall Centre. As a gold and a platinum, they've always treated me well. Upgraded to a one bedroom suite, both times. My favourite is 2605, corner, one bedroom suite in the South Tower, right next to the Club Lounge, for quick and easy access, and a walk out balcony. The Sheraton Link computer work stations are little out of the way, with little security and no cameras. A little errie later in the evening. They really should get the computer workstation running again that's located in the Club Lounge. Went to the Vida Spa, on site, and the experience was up to expectations, once again. Certainly, this remains one of my favourite hotels.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 9:23 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP - Aeroplan 50K
Originally Posted by IMAbackpacker
In case anyone just went "Oh no!" the reason for this is the new Skytrain system running from YVR to Downtown Vancouver. The Sheraton is about a 5 minute walk from the Granville Skytrain station. The train takes 20 minutes.

Happy Travels!
And the cost was $2.50 for a one-way ticket - a great deal :-)

Singlepoint
Old Mar 11, 2010, 8:58 am

Programs: Just a kettle now :)
Stayed at this hotel several times just over a year ago, and the service was underwhelming given the caliber of this property.

My last check-in involved finding a soiled toilet, and smoke-laden room as welcome gifts. This hotel seems to have a problem with people smoking in their non-smoking rooms, as this has happened more than a couple of times. Considering the selection of superior hotels in the greater Vancouver area, for better prices, I haven't been back to this property ever since.

-RS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.