Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center, Vancouver BC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2022, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center, Vancouver BC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2005, 10:57 pm

FatboyYVR,

You said you were offered club floor but opted for 12th floor instead? Wouldn't the view on the club floor (about 13-15 floors higher) be better? I remember the 10th floor bearly cleared the rooftop of the building next door.

I stayed at the South Tower and checked in at the South Tower lobby. Perhaps there's a North Tower lobby to check in with is better?

I agree that the lady at the club lounge was incredibly helpful and nice.

I never saw my upgrade at SPG.com before.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 3:08 pm

I'm at this property regularly - it's my favorite Starwood in Vancouver and service has always been exceptional - so much so that I've written to the GM in the past.

North Tower has the fancier larger lobby as it's where the conferences are, but I've always stayed in the South Tower as rooms there tend to be bigger with floor to ceiling windows, upgrades to 1/2 bedroom suites with jetted bathtubs, and the occasional kitchenette (very much like a livable condo rather than a sterile hotel room). Add the great bi-level club lounge, central location, and friendly bell staff - IMHO there's really nothing not to like about this hotel.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 5:34 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
When making a reservation one is faced with reserving in the north or south towers. The south tower is I believe the convention tower with small rooms.

How does one upgrade to the north tower if booking and one has status?

The two towers have seperate entrances and check in counters and are a bit of a distance away from each other as well.

Alll in all it is a great hotel complex and well located to some interesting night spots in Vancouver.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 6:18 pm

Actually the South Tower is where the stellar upgrades are to be had - the North Tower tends to be very busy with conventions traffic and tour buses.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 4:31 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
I have stayed in both towers. While I can't speak for the comparative room sizes in general. it is worth noting that the North tower does have some larger rooms -- I believe they are on the "corners". I was placed in one as a Plat. and it was extremely roomy. The layout isn't always optimal because of the unuusal shape of the building (and thus unusual room shapes).
Old Mar 8, 2005, 12:02 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre

I'm looking to go away for the weekend with my gf after another one hundred hour work week. Thought about B&B vs Vancouver Hotels- thinking about the Wall Centre.

For some reason I have Gold Preferred Guest for Starwood. Beats me but I have it. I've actually never used it and am wondering what exactly it grants me. From reading about it it seems to be next to nothing (though some sort of mystical uprade or something-> from what I understand it seems as if its to a floor with a plaque that say "preferred")

anyway I digress. I've decided on the Sheraton in Wall Centre.
Here are my questions:
- Regular room in North tower vs South Tower.
Its my understanding that South Tower=older=larger=not as nice
- club room in South Tower- how is the club, is it worth the extra money? and is it open on the weekends.
- also i'll be redeeming points for my stay- so if I reserve a club floor room one night what will they do if I just reserve a regular room for the next?

- lastly (and I have to ask)-> what are the upgrades and do they ever happen for non plats?

Cheers!
Chris

oh and how much is parking? i've heard 20 CDN?
Old Mar 8, 2005, 1:57 am
Suspended

Hello Chris,

I live in YVR and have stayed at the Wall Center. There are actually 2 lounges in the South Tower, One is the Executive one and the other is a AMEX one I believe. I think a Gold Amex gets you access to the second. I have used the first one as Starwood Plat, it it nice with snacks and honour bar. Rooms are nice in North Tower, I've had a very large/ jr. suite, but I was a Platinum member, I have been in regular rooms in the south tower they were nice aswell. All a good size.

Parking would be atleast $20 CDN if not more. I don't think street parking would work for you as there are odd hours like no parking between 3-6pm ect.. to facilitate traffic. There may be some small side street to park on free if you really want to hunt.

The hotel isn't that busy right now, so your chances of atleast scoring a higher room or corner are good i would think.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 8:03 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Thanks for your answers..Mtacchi
any info on the Westin Grand?.
I was thinking of using points and cash to stay there

90$ and 5600 points for 2 nights- is that a good deal?

Chris
do a quick search
I would but search is down
Old Mar 8, 2005, 5:57 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Go for the North Tower, not the south. The south is a convention tower and the north can be interesting if you score a good room.

I will be there this weekend if you are ???
Old Mar 8, 2005, 6:06 pm
Suspended

100,000 miler. I will be there too. Want to go for a beer Friday,

If your not set on Starwood Chris, do priceline. It will cost you $45-50 a night and there is a good chance you'll get a starwood anyway, The grand is much nicer IMHO.
Depending on what kind of weekend your looking at having, the Bayshore may interest you too
Old Mar 9, 2005, 12:50 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

If your not set on Starwood Chris, do priceline. It will cost you $45-50 a night and there is a good chance you'll get a starwood anyway, The grand is much nicer IMHO.
booked with starwood BRG! $95 per night plus 2000 points! (rate was CAD 165 on SPG=137 USD/night

The Grand would have costed my $90 + 5600 points- couldnt decide if that was worth it

Depending on what kind of weekend your looking at having, the Bayshore may interest you too
loooked at the- FULL

100,000miler Go for the North Tower, not the south. The south is a convention tower and the north can be interesting if you score a good room.

I will be there this weekend if you are ???

booked this weekend north tower...
maybe i'll see you there!

Thanks
Chris
Old May 12, 2005, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
How far is it from the cruise ship terminal?
Old May 13, 2005, 6:10 pm

Programs: Former AA EXP/2M Lifetime now Blackballed UA Premier Executive PWP Bronze
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
How far is it from the cruise ship terminal?
If you are going to Holland America Ryndam 29th May, I can give you a lift. I work with a lot of the cruise lines, and I am in Vancouver that weekend.

Sam
Old May 14, 2005, 3:16 pm

Not only do I get my U/G without any problems at this property, I found the Club Lounge to be quite good. Also, the Shearton Service promise is readily adhered to. My card didn't work for the Club Lounge-- I went to the front desk--they readily rekeyed it and gave me the extra 500 points!!! The staff, overall, has been extremely good-- I have yet to meet Shawn!!
Old Nov 19, 2005, 11:47 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Recently completed 2 stays here. First stay was originally booked a pre-paid rate in a standard room. Called the hotel and spoke with an Asst. Front Office Manager to see about paying extra to upgrade to a 1 BR suite. She allocated one for us on the Club Floor for no extra charge. Whether this was because I am SPG Gold or not is unknown. The suite was on the 26th floor with a view to the Southeast, towards the Granville Street Bridge, in the South Tower. Rather small for a 1 BR suite with the bedroom being very cramped with King bed. Small living room had queen sofa bed, TV armoire and small dining table. The bathroom also had a jetted tub, but with the "bubbles" control dial by the door. The Club Lounge had decent hors d'oeurves but the fact that one must pay for all drinks (except for coffee and tea and tap water) is annoying. Breakfast was simple (perhaps a little too simple) consisting of a standard continental breakfast (yoghurt, cereal, breakfast pastries) but with only a few of each item out. The free internet access in the Lounge is upstairs on the 26th floor inside the Boardroom. The views, however, are wonderful from the Lounge. We did have one problem -- we found previous guest's hair ball stuck on our shower wall -- and despite it took Housekeeping two attempts to clean it, the hotel did promptly award me 500 points under the Service Promise.

The second stay was in the North Tower in a standard room. We had a north view which had a partial water view. Very comfortable room on the 23rd floor.

On the first stay I did not request for further upgrade as I wanted to remain on the Club Floors. On the second stay I did request for further upgrade a check-in but so happened none were available. I did not arrive expecting one so I was not disappointed; in fact, I was pleasantly surprised by the view we had!!

Overall, two good stays -- completely within what I expect out of a Sheraton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.