Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center, Vancouver BC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2022, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center, Vancouver BC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2010, 2:00 pm

Programs: Starwood Preferred Guest
Originally Posted by Cyan
Stayed at this hotel several times just over a year ago, and the service was underwhelming given the caliber of this property.

My last check-in involved finding a soiled toilet, and smoke-laden room as welcome gifts. This hotel seems to have a problem with people smoking in their non-smoking rooms, as this has happened more than a couple of times. Considering the selection of superior hotels in the greater Vancouver area, for better prices, I haven't been back to this property ever since.

-RS.
I am very sorry to hear that you had a less than favourable stay here at the Wall Centre. I would have hoped that our associates could have taken care of these issues while you were here with us. Please let me know if we can make this up to you on a future stay in Vancouver.

Best regards,

Stacey Mansfield
Director of Rooms
Old Aug 31, 2010, 8:39 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Just booked my first stay at this property for September. Thanks for all the useful tips and advice in this thread.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 8:46 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Stayed at the Sheraton Wall Centre during the first week of August 2010, and booked my stay via Priceline As per PL bookings, they reserve double double beds, so at check-in I asked if there was a King bed available, in which the agent said they were 'fully booked out' and said she couldn't do anything.

Anyway, I then presented my Platinum card, and asked her to note the number down 'in case' I make any spend within the hotels etc to earn points. And then at this time, she looked at her inventory and said there is a King bed available LOL on the club floor She suggested I book via SPG.com next time to ensure I receive all my benefits (but as I was paying out of my own $ , paying half what SPG.com wanted was a good enough reason for me).

I was UPG to a club floor King room, with club level benefits. Location is pretty good, which is only a few minutes away from Robson Street shops, and convenient to public transport to access all parts of Vancouver. There are two stations, which are around 10-12 minutes walk to, that go to YVR. I suggest on arrival to stop at City Centre, whilst on departure to go to Yaletown Roundhouse Station as it's all downhill walk.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 1:28 am

Programs: AA - Gold, SPG - Gold, HHonors - Gold
I am looking to use two free weekend nights in Vancouver. Can anyone suggest any other hotel in vancouver vs the Sheraton Wall Center for a Plat when there is no cost.

Thanks, looking forward to seeing Canada.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by chuckisduck
I am looking to use two free weekend nights in Vancouver. Can anyone suggest any other hotel in vancouver vs the Sheraton Wall Center for a Plat when there is no cost.
If you want to be in the hub of the entertainment district, try the Westin Grand (the building's footprint is shapped like a grand piano) or for a more relaxing time by the water, check out the Westin Bayshore.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by todd-r
If you want to be in the hub of the entertainment district, try the Westin Grand (the building's footprint is shapped like a grand piano) or for a more relaxing time by the water, check out the Westin Bayshore.
Thanks Todd, I think I want to stay in the entertainment district. Can you recommend the Westin vs the Sheraton there. Also recommend parking for the weekend, I've seen off-site places that were much cheaper in my trips.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by chuckisduck
Thanks Todd, I think I want to stay in the entertainment district. Can you recommend the Westin vs the Sheraton there. Also recommend parking for the weekend, I've seen off-site places that were much cheaper in my trips.
If you stay at the Westin Grand, park at the Library (enter off Hamilton). If you stay at the Sheraton Wall Centre, park at the Law Courts (enter off Howe). I think those two places are pretty reasonable.

Sorry, I haven't stayed at either property but have attended functions at both (I live in Vancouver so rarely play the tourist card). Maybe someone else can chime in with a recommendation of one vs the other.

Good luck and have a great time while you're here

Todd.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by todd-r
If you stay at the Westin Grand, park at the Library (enter off Hamilton). If you stay at the Sheraton Wall Centre, park at the Law Courts (enter off Howe). I think those two places are pretty reasonable.

Sorry, I haven't stayed at either property but have attended functions at both (I live in Vancouver so rarely play the tourist card). Maybe someone else can chime in with a recommendation of one vs the other.

Good luck and have a great time while you're here

Todd.
Thanks for the advice, will be enjoying Vancouver.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 3:32 pm

Programs: EK Gold, FB Silver
Two Room Suite

Hi,

I'll be visiting Vancouver at the end of the month together with a friend. We're looking to have a fun time and I picked the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center mainly because of its location close to bars/clubs, etc.

The room we're looking into is a Two Room Suite. Comfortably each of us will have their own room... and the price is very reasonable. However, it's located in the South Tower, which seems much less nice than the North Tower.

Has anyone been in that type of room? Is it recommended? Otherwise we'll probably go with a double (2 queens) room in the Comfort Inn; difference in price is only 150 CA$ on total of 4 nights.

Thanks for the advice!
Old Sep 10, 2010, 5:34 pm

Programs: AC-E, SPG-Plat, GP-P, HH-G
Originally Posted by gorbatzjov
Hi,

I'll be visiting Vancouver at the end of the month together with a friend. We're looking to have a fun time and I picked the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center mainly because of its location close to bars/clubs, etc.

The room we're looking into is a Two Room Suite. Comfortably each of us will have their own room... and the price is very reasonable. However, it's located in the South Tower, which seems much less nice than the North Tower.

Has anyone been in that type of room? Is it recommended? Otherwise we'll probably go with a double (2 queens) room in the Comfort Inn; difference in price is only 150 CA$ on total of 4 nights.

Thanks for the advice!
I would suggest you stay with the two room suite, assuming that it has two beds. The South Tower suites are quite large and are two suites, but they have many different layouts as the building is irregularly shaped. If you are SPG Plat, you will have close access to the club lounge, which is pretty decent for breakfast, and has a nice view. The North Tower is newer, but I understand that there are no suites.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 9:02 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AC*E, PC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Gold
Hi,

Thanks for the advice!
My preference has always been to request the South Tower. The furnishings are newer in the North Tower, but the South Tower is much more serviced (ie. Most Check ins, Valet, Concierge, Club Lounge). It seems that the North Tower is held mostly for convention guests, but it doesn't make a whole lot of difference, since the two towers are connected with an interior bridge. If you plan on using any of the appliances in the kitchen in the 2 bedroom suite, they're functional, but are a little dated. The North Tower does have the fitness centre, spa and Starbucks located within it. Overall, I still think it's a WIN by staying in the South Tower. The Wall Centre continues to be my preferred place to stay in Vancouver. ^^^
Old Sep 11, 2010, 3:29 am

Programs: EK Gold, FB Silver
Thanks a lot for your answers. I'm booking it before the promo ends
Old Sep 11, 2010, 6:18 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Hi,

Thanks for the advice!
This sounds like the room I had one my first visit (and last! But that's a rant for another thread and day). NOTE: it's a two-room suite, NOT a two bedroom suite. That is, they took what was once a standard suite (sitting room with adjacent, closed-off bedroom) and put another bed it what was the sitting room. The result is the person who gets what was formerly the lone bedroom has their own room and complete privacy. The other person is basically sleeping in the middle of the "public" area of the suite. There's one bathroom off the hall from the front door so if the bedroom person wants to use it in the middle of the night, they walk past the person whose bed is in the former sitting room. This works fine if you're both family or close friends. But if you think you're getting a two-bedroom suite with private baths and a common sitting area to do work or socialize, you're not. It's no suite insofar as there's little room for sitting around or eating or watching tv, etc. as the sitting room now has a king bed in the middle of it.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 12:27 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AC*E, PC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
This sounds like the room I had one my first visit (and last! But that's a rant for another thread and day). NOTE: it's a two-room suite, NOT a two bedroom suite. That is, they took what was once a standard suite (sitting room with adjacent, closed-off bedroom) and put another bed it what was the sitting room. The result is the person who gets what was formerly the lone bedroom has their own room and complete privacy. The other person is basically sleeping in the middle of the "public" area of the suite. There's one bathroom off the hall from the front door so if the bedroom person wants to use it in the middle of the night, they walk past the person whose bed is in the former sitting room. This works fine if you're both family or close friends. But if you think you're getting a two-bedroom suite with private baths and a common sitting area to do work or socialize, you're not. It's no suite insofar as there's little room for sitting around or eating or watching tv, etc. as the sitting room now has a king bed in the middle of it.
Probably not an issue by the OP, as their alternate solution was a room with two beds (Queen) at a Comfort.

Floor plans of the rooms can be found at:

http://www.sheratonvancouver.com/guestrooms
Old Sep 11, 2010, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by SPG Junkie
Probably not an issue by the OP, as their alternate solution was a room with two beds (Queen) at a Comfort.

Floor plans of the rooms can be found at:

http://www.sheratonvancouver.com/guestrooms
Interesting. The room/suite I was in is not represented here. Nice feature though. Wish it was standard on all Starwood property websites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.