Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center, Vancouver BC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2022, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center, Vancouver BC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2001, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
This is a very rude way of dealing with this matter, FlyerAl. I agree with BoSoxFan45 that this should have been dealt with through a direct email to William, not a blast of cannons across his bough. Any of my problems with Starwood have all be rapidly and courteously handled by our friend, without any need on my part to make them public. Also, your topic heading could have been a little more tactful. Not to mention that 1000 Starpoints is a pretty healthy way for them to apologize to you for your initial problem.
Old Jan 4, 2002, 2:53 am

remove

[This message has been edited by mch710 (edited 01-04-2002).]
Old May 30, 2002, 7:57 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
Vancouver Sheraton Walll Center and Plat

Anyone have any feedback on this hotel? Also any feedback on plat priviliges here? I picked up a great deal on this hotel on priceline. Everything included for 61 USD a night
Old May 30, 2002, 8:20 pm

Just stayed there over the Memorial Day weekend. Was originally given a club room. After some negotiation, was given a junior suite but was told they made an exception. The junior suite actually is a two-room suite with 1K in one room and 1Q in the other. No separate dinning/sitting room though.

Chose fruit & water as Platinum amenity. Was given one red and one green apple with one bottle of water. Beside *points, I think the rest of Platinum amenity is a joke. At least you will get a bottle of wine and a fruit basket from Hyatt.

The hotel itself is very nice and in good location. Only couple blocks from Robson Street. Try to dine at the hotel restaurant but 1/3 of the menu was sold out (around 9:00pm). The wait person recommended an Italian restaurant nearby which was a disaster.
Old Jun 15, 2002, 12:46 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Sheraton Wall Centre - Vancouver

Just returned home after staying at this property for one night. Absolutely perfect stay! I had booked this stay via the website yesterday right before I drove to Vancouver. The hotel did not have a record of it, but honored the rate and when I asked for the availability of an upgrade, they upgraded me to the Club Level floor. The staff at this hotel was absolutely amazing. Polite, professional, and nice. I would definitely return here!

Note to Corporate will be sent, but thought I'd let those of you know who may travel to Vancouver this hotel was really quite good.
Old Jun 15, 2002, 8:36 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I love this hotel too. It has to be among the best with the Sheraton name.
Old Jun 15, 2002, 1:32 pm

I agree, nice hotel.
Old Jun 17, 2002, 6:45 am

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
I just stayed here during this past weekend. I had two rooms for my family and I. They were amazingly friendly and polite. I asked them for an upgrade and they upgraded both of the rooms to full size two bedroom suites. Each suite had two beds as well as a pull out sofa bed. You can imagine that with a big family this was a major bonus. This hotel really does a good job. They also have club room access that has a beautiful view of Vancouver.
Old Feb 10, 2003, 9:14 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Sheraton Wall Centre Vancouver- which tower?

I'm looking to stay at the Sheraton Wall Centre in Vancouver for 1 night and have the option of North or South tower. Which one is better? Does one have a better view than another?

I found a rate that is CAD$20 cheaper than the other 2 Westins and since I like a good view, it sounds like the Sheraton would be a good choice. Am I right?

Thanks for your help.
Old Feb 11, 2003, 12:05 am

For Wall Centre, I will go for South Tower, which is the main hotel building. Each room has very different configuration, and some of them are quite long & narrow. You are right though that they normally have good views. I would ask for something that faces English Bay / Burrard Bridge (SW), or the suite if you have lots of people. Their club lounge is OK - food is so so but friendly staff & large screen TV for sports games. You also get free Internet access & free local calls with Starwood Gold / Platinum.

If you want something a bit more posh, I would suggest Westin Grand. Decor is modern (all suites), bed / duvet is comfy & heavenly double shower. You do pay for any amenities e.g. local calls & high speed Internet, except for the cookies for Starwood Gold / Platinum. You also get a small wet bar with microwave.

If you like outdoor activities, I would suggest Westin Bayshore. It faces the marina & is right at the entrance of Stanley Park. Very convenient if you want to go for a jog / inline. It is close enough to the hub of activities with the refreshing feeling of being away in the nature. Rooms are more plain, and definitely ask for a room in the main building (not the new tower).
Old Feb 11, 2003, 9:17 am

Thanks for the detailed information. How is the view from the Westin Grand? I'm only going to be stopping over for one night and won't get a chance to do much so I was thinking a hotel with a good view is probably the best for us.
Old Feb 16, 2003, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
My 2cents for the Wall centre is the North Tower (the newer of the two). Furnishings in the N tower are more contemporary and the bldg is curved, so many rooms have nice angles to enjoy the great views of Vancouver. If you think you'd be upgraded to the club floor, that lounge is in the S tower, so it's a bit of a walk to breafkast/drinks/lounge. Make sure you get which tower you book, they switched us on New Year's.

As said earlier, Westin Grand is very nice and certainly an upgrade from the Sheraton. (too bad the Le Soleil is no longer w/ *wood). Grand had great views at night, incl from the balcony that opened into our room. For day views, Westin Baysore should be amazing being right on the water, but a bit of a hike for enjoying Vancouver by foot.

------------------
NW Silver, AA Gold, Strwood Plat
Old Feb 16, 2003, 7:15 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood Plt, Hilton Gold (got it free) AC Elite, Fairmont Plt, Priority Club Plt
I think the choice depends on if you are Platinum.

The south tower has suites and a club floor with many of the higher rooms having views. Lobby is closed for the winter and guests are only put here when they want a suite or are on the club level. Have to check in, in south tower. I find this inconvenient; however, depends on when you are traveling they may have reopened the lobby for the spring and summer.

The North tower is all standard rooms. (Apart from the timeshare rooms). Nice lobby.

If you are Platinum, you will normally be given a suite or clubroom in the south tower. Tell them view is important and you would like a suite with a view. I am sure they would try and accommodate.

The Grande is a Conde Naste property shaped like a piano, hence the name. Good views on upper floors. Some rooms have decks. Excellent service. All suites, some are small. If Platinum, good chance of getting what you want. A great property with great reviews at this site. Extra points for booking in effect. (Check promo dates)

I am in Vancouver monthly and now stay exclusively at the Bayshore. I go for the view. Also great staff and service. They have matched the Walls price for me. Platinum gets a choice of a suite or a tower room (sometimes have to ask). When by myself, I select the tower room for the view. Great location to go for a walk and see boats etc. Free shuttle in the am to downtown.

SPG won’t like this comment. If you are only overnight and don’t really feel like going downtown. The Fairmont Airport is a superb property inside the airport with a business floors and some views higher up. You walk from the plane without going outside.

Have a good visit.

Old Feb 16, 2003, 1:53 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Just spend a 4 nights stay at the Wall 1 month ago. Was given a nice corner suite on the 33rd floor. Great views. The floor to ceiling windows gives very spectaclular views.

The Bayshore is quite nice now after the renovation, you almost feel you are in Stanley Park.

For the view and the center location the Sh. Wall is the best. The Bayshore is like a city resort because of the location. Both of them are good choices.

Also agree that nothing beats the Fairmont YVR, certainly one of the best airport hotel in the world.

Old Feb 16, 2003, 2:13 pm

Thanks again for all the suggestions. I am booked in the South right now but I'm also a *wood Plat so I'll probably just leave it for now and hope that I will be upgraded to the club floor.

I'm also thinking about just switching to the Grand. I've found a rate that is only 20CAD more than the Wall so it is probably worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.