Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin LAX [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Parking is $35/self - $42/valet now. Is there any alternative parking within a few minutes walk?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, SWA Companion Pass, United Silver
Yes; at the Parking Spot nearby on Century you can get rates under $20/day with AAA/coupon etc. Plus it has a wayyyy more consistent pick-up shuttle than the Westin.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: Marriott - Titanium, AA - Lifetime Gold
Park at Westin LAX for $9.00 per day

You can park at the Westin LAX for $9.00 per day.

http://www.cheapairportparking.org/

I use this service for my LAX flights.

You can use for hotel stays as well.

google: cheap airport parking LAX or use link above
Old Jan 25, 2017, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Duke5150

http://www.cheapairportparking.org/....
Great tip.^:-: Thank you, Duke5150.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Originally Posted by TerryK
Parking is $35/self - $42/valet now. Is there any alternative parking within a few minutes walk?
Sounds like GM Phil should turn his attention back to his beer list and stop jacking up parking rates.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:11 pm
Company Representative, Westin LAX

Originally Posted by Vinodavid
Sounds like GM Phil should turn his attention back to his beer list and stop jacking up parking rates.
LOL! Thank you my friend!!! Would you like a Corona or a Pacifico in your room on your next stay? Not sure I can find a Genesee Cream Ale for you out here.

For all you guys...We started single level bussing on the lower (arrival level) on January 23. Pick-up is the same. Drop off is now on the lower level. Vans are moving through much more quickly. Let me know how this is working for you.

Best!

Phil
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Duke5150

http://www.cheapairportparking.org/

I use this service for my LAX flights.

You can use for hotel stays as well.

google: cheap airport parking LAX or use link above
I can vouch for this service as well. They don't always offer the Westin, but when they do it's a good deal for both self and valet parking for longer than overnight parking.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 6:22 pm

Normally a lurker here but thought I would post my experience checking in today as generally stay at Four Points Lax but thought i would try here again.
Booked a executive club king room that came with $50 daily grill gift card.
Very nice lady checked me in. No mention of gift card and when I asked her didn't seem to know about it. Checked my screen and said for me to charge it to the room and it will get off later.
No mention of executive club room lounge access or free internet with booking/spg member.
Room is nice albeit smells a bit like carpet cleaner chemicals. I think that is a good thing as means it should be clean!
I miss the twin speakman shower heads. The rain shower doesn't have the same pressure. I guess that's something down to personal preference.
These cooling units in the room really are a drag- bring on real fridges!
Old Feb 4, 2017, 11:00 am

So after being woken by fire alarm and having to exit the building I have checked my email to find my bill folio.
And as expected I have been billed the full amount for dinner with no $50 daily grill credit shown.
I was hoping for better service but have been sadly let down.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by NYkiwi
So after being woken by fire alarm and having to exit the building I have checked my email to find my bill folio.
And as expected I have been billed the full amount for dinner with no $50 daily grill credit shown.
I was hoping for better service but have been sadly let down.
I stay here quite a bit and am looking forward to returning later this month. Like you, I have had some bumps here, however, I find if you bring them up the hotel management team is very responsive at making things right. Hope you had a chance to follow up at the front desk or ask for a supervisor.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I am going to be staying here for the first time on Thursday, 3 nights from now on a prepaid stay. I was originally going to fly out Wednesday and had a stay booked at the 4 Points for Tuesday, but I got the prepaid rate at the Westin for $136 for Thursday night after I switched flights to avoid the East Coast storm.

My plan is to drive to the hotel for check in and drop off my stuff and take my rental car to a gas station and drop it off at Hertz before going back to the hotel. I see no point in paying for parking and an extra night for the rental car.

It will be my first time at a Westin, and I have only seen one Sheraton club lounge so far. I have stayed many times at the Renaissance LAX before, and they have a solid lounge. I'm just not willing to pay $80 more to stay with them this Thursday night.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Change is coming to some Westin LAX rooms.

There are a lot of good things about this property, but one not-so-good thing is that some rooms face a nearby dog kennel.

There is some barking at night that is annoying if you either don't like dogs or do like them.

GM Phil recently mentioned to me that those rooms will be sound-proofed over the next few weeks!

Thanks, Phil!
Old Mar 16, 2017, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Wow I've been staying here for years and never knew there was a kennel. I guess I must always be on an upper floor. I do recall in years past when Platinum members could often get upgrades to the suites with outdoor jacuzzi's which was nice for plane watching. But that stopped years ago. Probably when too many Plats started showing up.

Still I think this is the best value SPG property at LAX. I like the bar for dinner and drinks. ^
Old Mar 16, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by stimpy
Wow I've been staying here for years and never knew there was a kennel. I guess I must always be on an upper floor. I do recall in years past when Platinum members could often get upgrades to the suites with outdoor jacuzzi's which was nice for plane watching. But that stopped years ago. Probably when too many Plats started showing up.

Still I think this is the best value SPG property at LAX. I like the bar for dinner and drinks. ^
It's more a matter of which wing you are in, not height. As a regular, they've probably just always upgraded you to a non-kennel room. (I admit that doesn't make 100% sense since regulars aren't regulars until they are.)

I recall reading that the jacuzzi's had some leakage issues that led to their demise.

And yeah, a great bar!
Old Mar 16, 2017, 8:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by JackE
And yeah, a great bar!
I agree that the bar is great. When I stayed last year, the rest of my stay was just meh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.