Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin LAX [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2016, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by Siberian_Viktorya
how many other names did this property have
prior to "Westin LAX" ?

IIR, wasn't it called Stoufer Concourse LAX or
something a long time ago? The reason I'm asking is that I have a photo of my family enjoying the private jacuzzi on the balcony of our suite. The jacuzzi faced the runway at LAX and a Lufthansa 747 was flying right by us while we soaked in the jacuzzi.
Yes, it was a Stouffer Concourse when it opened, I think around 1987 or 1988. I stayed in a jacuzzi suite twice in 1991.

Stouffer was bought by the then Ramada Renaissance chain. AFAIK the LAX hotel was reflagged to Westin before the sale, as Ramada Renaissance built a separate LAX hotel a few blocks away.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Yes, it was a Stouffer Concourse when it opened, I think around 1987 or 1988. I stayed in a jacuzzi suite twice in 1991.

Stouffer was bought by the then Ramada Renaissance chain. AFAIK the LAX hotel was reflagged to Westin before the sale, as Ramada Renaissance built a separate LAX hotel a few blocks away.
Was it a Hyatt for a while?
Old Jun 10, 2016, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by JackE
Was it a Hyatt for a while?
It's possible.

Remember that the hotel that is now the Concourse was built as a Hyatt (Hyatt House) and was there for a long time until it was reflagged as a Wyndham.

If Hyatt ever did have the hotel with the jacuzzi suites, it must have been for a short time.

Later, Marriott bought the Renaissance group from Ramada.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 7:18 am

back in their Stouffer Concourse days, the entity that I was affiliated with had a
corporate discount with them. IIRC, it was $45 per night, so I always stayed
there when visiting LA. Sometimes they upgrade me to the jacuzzi suites if
I call ahead and let them know the entity's name. (we gave them a LOT of
business around the country)

Did they remove the jacuzzi suites? I couldn't find it on Westin LAX's website.
Hope isn't wasn't because we used soak in the jacuzzi and moon the jumbos jets
as they flew by?
Old Jun 10, 2016, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Siberian_Viktorya

Did they remove the jacuzzi suites? I couldn't find it on Westin LAX's website.
Hope isn't wasn't because we used soak in the jacuzzi and moon the jumbos jets
as they flew by?
I wonder if they have become disabled because of the copious amounts of water used (i.e., these were filled with fresh water and then heated by the guest, not maintained as jacuzzis.)
Old Jun 10, 2016, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I wonder if they have become disabled because of the copious amounts of water used (i.e., these were filled with fresh water and then heated by the guest, not maintained as jacuzzis.)
were they? back when I used to stay in those suites, the jacuzzi was already filled.
I don't recall there being faucets for the guest to add more water... but it was a long
time ago. Did I soak in the previous guest's filth? (same reason I don't use
public pools or hot tubs anymore)
Old Jun 10, 2016, 1:56 pm
Company Representative, Westin LAX

They are gone now. I'm told that they ended up leaking. Phil
Old Jun 27, 2016, 5:30 am

Anyone know the price of breakfast?
Old Jun 27, 2016, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Breakfast menu with prices is on the left side of this page - Daily Grill is good, a couple of notches above typical hotel food:

http://www.dailygrill.com/locations/...vd-california/
Old Jun 27, 2016, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
when I used to stay there, I always walked across the street to the Taco Bell.

Taco Bell now sells breakfast which is actually quite tasty.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:18 am

Breakfast menu with prices is on the left side of this page - Daily Grill is good, a couple of notches above typical hotel food:

http://www.dailygrill.com/locations/...vd-california/
Perfect thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2016, 8:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Titanium
Another Great stay!

Just finished up a 5 day stay at the Westin LAX. Phil and his team have really worked hard to get this place in shape and it shows. All staff that I had contact with was very helpful and friendly.
Items of note:
1. Room was very clean and everything was in working order. Even had a mini fridge to store things that I wanted to keep cold. Love the outside patio to relax and watch goings on at LAX.
2. Parking is usually always quite full; I found that if you use the top floors it’s very easy to find a spot and usually little to no wait for the elevators.
3. Pool and spa are great and very clean. I was surprised at the amount of people using it during a work day.
4. Lounge has a very good morning breakfast, with a very cool waffle maker that is similar to the pancake maker like Alaska uses in the Boardroom’s. Only bottled water and coffee during the other hours its open.
Overall another great stay that will continue me calling the LAX Westin home when I am in the L.A. area.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i used to stay at the four points all the time when phil was there but haven't been to los angeles in a few years....have booked the westin for a stay starting tomorrow, even thought the rates were better at both the four points & the sheraton....looking forward to seeing what phil has done with this property....
Old Sep 3, 2016, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
finished a one night stay here yesterday....was upgraded to a spacious corner suite....i liked the happy hour in the lounge....food was good & there was a lot of options for breakfast the following morning....i would definitely stay here again as opposed to the sheraton or four points....
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Does the in-hotel Daily Grill validate parking for dining guests?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.