Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin LAX [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:11 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Depending on what the other two hotels are for the shared shuttle. In the past, the shuttle is shared with Holiday Inn and one other property, and it seems like it takes forever to load up people from Holiday Inn, with mostly family/leisure travelers with large baggages. This also translates to multiple stops until T7.

I think I just convinced myself that a dedicated shuttle would be better.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 5:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by SEA777GUY
. . . Sounds like it might have reverted back to a shared shuttle. . . .
As of February 26, it was still a dedicated shuttle.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 3:15 pm
Company Representative, Westin LAX

LAX Shuttle

Guys!

Thank you for the feedback! I'm working on negotiating a dedicated shuttle. Any bells and whistles you'd be looking for regarding a GPS system for the shuttles.

Be Well!

Phil
Old Mar 3, 2016, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by puchalskir
How is the beer selection in the Daily Grill or lounge area? I usually like staying at the 4pts because of the bar, but I might switch one of my nights this weekend (Friday and Sunday night) to the Westin just to try it out and have a different beer experience.

Thanks.
Rich

P.S. Dedicated Westin shuttle please.
Solid Draft selection and better food. Not as good a beer list overall.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 6:50 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
WESTINLAXGM - Thanks for the Clorox wipes, but would've greatly appreciated if my wake up call had been put in the system. Just barely made my flight. Also, my brother and I wanted to know what was up with the "Witless Protection" security goons on the 12th floor. It looks like they had a grand ol' time at the club lounge.
Old May 27, 2016, 11:06 am

Hi Guys!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend.

We are just finishing up a five year shuttle deal. Starting June 1, I'm adding 18 hours a day to our LAX shuttle capacity, moving from 76 hours a day to 94 hours a day. That translates to five buses now at peak times. Let me know if you see a difference.

Re: changes on LAWA's side, we are hoping that in the next 60-90 days the parking and rideshare buses will move to single level busing on the upper level. Besides less traffic on the lower level this will help keep my buses from getting blocked in at the hotel loading zones. When my bus can't get out of a terminal pick-up point too many passengers load and the bus fills before it reaches terminals 5, 6, and 7. The result is long wait times at those terminals. Getting in and out of loading zones should shorten the wait times for guests waiting at the end of the route.

Thanks to LAX volume and construction (plus UBER users taking hotel shuttles to find a spot to meet their drivers) our airport transfer has been problematic. Hopefully I can make it a bit more seamless for you guys.

Travel Well!

Phil

Last edited by WESTINLAXGM; May 27, 2016 at 11:08 am Reason: typo
Old May 27, 2016, 11:14 am

Any surfers or aspiring surfers out there? The Westin LAX is 2.4 miles from El Porto, Manhattan Beaches iconic surf beach. I've added a surf lesson package and Surf Concierge to assist with guests looking to catch a wave before they catch their meeting. Take a look at our recently launched landing page...

[URL="http://www.westinlosangelesairport.com/surf-manhattan-beach"]

I'm looking for some volunteer guests to try out the surfing lessons between June 1 and June 15 for free. Please PM me and we'll work on a first come first serve basis.

Cheers!

Phil
Old May 27, 2016, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by uxb
WESTINLAXGM - Thanks for the Clorox wipes, but would've greatly appreciated if my wake up call had been put in the system. Just barely made my flight. Also, my brother and I wanted to know what was up with the "Witless Protection" security goons on the 12th floor. It looks like they had a grand ol' time at the club lounge.
it blows my mind that in this day in age people are unable to set an alarm to wake up on their own.

Last edited by apolloms; May 27, 2016 at 7:33 pm
Old May 27, 2016, 10:33 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by apolloms
it blows my mind that in this day in age people are unable to set an alarm to wake up on their own.
You know what blows my mind? When people troll around others' posts and make poor assumptions based on said posts. Cheers!
Old May 28, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by WESTINLAXGM

Thanks to LAX volume and construction (plus UBER users taking hotel shuttles to find a spot to meet their drivers) our airport transfer has been problematic. Hopefully I can make it a bit more seamless for you guys.

Travel Well!

Phil
Just a data point, that Uber has allowed all categories of Uber vehicles to pick up at LAX for some time now.
Old May 31, 2016, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by joeypore
Just a data point, that Uber has allowed all categories of Uber vehicles to pick up at LAX for some time now.
Agree! However when I had Uber pick me up at the airport recently they suggested that I take a shuttle outside the terminal to be picked up. Given the amount of time it takes them to get to you, it is a crapshoot which is faster. Waiting for them or going to them.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: JGC premier
Am waiting at the hotel shuttle bus pick up point at terminal 4 now. Ridiculous situation, i've been waiting for almost 40 minutes but nothing from Westin LaX came. Other hotels' shuttle bus like our old corporate hotel sheraton gateway came twice already. Nearby hilton lax came thrice. Called the operator and the excuse was that they're experiencing delay due to traffic, but doesn't explain why others came with no problem. I'm so miserable, this being my first stay since they changed the contract. Will definitely put a word to whoever clown in corporate affairs department who decided to switch the contract. I'm sure enough horrific stories will allow us to move back, especially since the corporate rate aren't that different anyway.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: JGC premier
Finally came after almost an hour. 😡 Totally beats the purpose of staying near the airport. Had to reschedule my meeting downtown as i won't likely make it in time. Never again.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by bakaneko85
Am waiting at the hotel shuttle bus pick up point at terminal 4 now. Ridiculous situation, i've been waiting for almost 40 minutes but nothing from Westin LaX came. Other hotels' shuttle bus like our old corporate hotel sheraton gateway came twice already. Nearby hilton lax came thrice. Called the operator and the excuse was that they're experiencing delay due to traffic, but doesn't explain why others came with no problem. I'm so miserable, this being my first stay since they changed the contract. Will definitely put a word to whoever clown in corporate affairs department who decided to switch the contract. I'm sure enough horrific stories will allow us to move back, especially since the corporate rate aren't that different anyway.
There is something going on today. I had just reached out to the transportation company to see what is going on when I saw your post. If you have a minute send me a PM so we can connect through email. Sorry about the long wait. I know I would have gone ballistic after 20 minutes. Apologies! Phil
Old Jun 9, 2016, 4:24 pm

how many other names did this property have
prior to "Westin LAX" ?

IIR, wasn't it called Stoufer Concourse LAX or
something a long time ago?

The reason I'm asking is that I have a photo of
may family enjoying the private jacuzzi on the
balcony of our suite. The jacuzzi faced the
runway at LAX and a Lufthansa 747 was flying
right by us while we soaked in the jacuzzi.

Does the hotel still have those suites?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.