Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Atlanta, GA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Atlanta, GA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2012, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by iztok
"Unfortunately, our property does not distribute breakfast vouchers for our Elite members on the weekend, but it is certainly a suggestion that we can look into implementing for the future!"
If you're back there again & chatting, mention the coupons make a difference to those trying to choose between properties

Cheers. Sharon
Old Nov 17, 2012, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If you're back there again & chatting, mention the coupons make a difference to those trying to choose between properties

Cheers. Sharon
Don't worry, I will. I plan to take my family to ATL over holidays for long weekend (x-mas) and use this excuse to prod them
Old Nov 24, 2012, 1:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
ATLANTA: MARRIOTT MARQUIS or RENAISSANCE MIDTOWN?

I'm a Platinum level member, and will be in Atlanta in April, taking my uncle and aunt on a vacation for their 50th wedding anniversary. We plan on taking in a baseball game, a couple of museums, and a few other tourist attractions.

The best rates I can find are at the Marriott Marquis and Renaissance Midtown. Can anyone share recent experiences? I read mixed reviews about the Marriott Marquis. I really want this vacation to be memorable so I am looking for a modern hotel with large, clean, spacious rooms. Nice views are always a plus. Also, because I'm Platinum, and have concierge lounge access, I'd like to get feedback on the concierge lounge offerings....

All things being equal, I prefer midtown to downtown, but if the Marquis is a much nicer hotel than the midtown Renaissance, I'll be willing to stay in the downtown area.

Thanks for your help.

Newman
Old Nov 24, 2012, 3:43 pm

Renaissance Midtown is new to the game and I absolutely love it. They do not have the CL however. They do offer breakfast (M-F) for Plats in their restaurant. I never been upgraded there to any significantly larger room but I traveled alone so it wasn't a biggie.

Marquis is HUGE! I get regular upgrades there and CL is open Sun evening - Friday morning. If you plan attractions I would stay there and you wouldn't even need a car as you can fly to ATL and take MARTA and all aforementioned are either walking distance or a short MARTA ride.

If it were me, if I would travel with family I would go with Marquis, alone I would do Ren.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 5:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
there's already an existing thread on this topic........
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...tlanta-ga.html

Originally Posted by Newman
I'm a Platinum level member, and will be in Atlanta in April, taking my uncle and aunt on a vacation for their 50th wedding anniversary. We plan on taking in a baseball game, a couple of museums, and a few other tourist attractions.

The best rates I can find are at the Marriott Marquis and Renaissance Midtown. Can anyone share recent experiences? I read mixed reviews about the Marriott Marquis. I really want this vacation to be memorable so I am looking for a modern hotel with large, clean, spacious rooms. Nice views are always a plus. Also, because I'm Platinum, and have concierge lounge access, I'd like to get feedback on the concierge lounge offerings....

All things being equal, I prefer midtown to downtown, but if the Marquis is a much nicer hotel than the midtown Renaissance, I'll be willing to stay in the downtown area.

Thanks for your help.

Newman
Old Nov 24, 2012, 5:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Unfortunately, almost all of the posts on that thread are 6+ years old. I was looking for opinions from guests that have stayed at these 2 hotels more recently.

Newman
Old Nov 24, 2012, 6:41 pm

Unfortunately, almost all of the posts on that thread are 6+ years old. I was looking for opinions from guests that have stayed at these 2 hotels more recently.

Newman
Ren Midtown is not 6 years old!

I've stayed at both within past 6 months.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 5:22 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
I would also check out the Ritz-Carlton in downtown Atlanta. It's a good location next door to the MARTA station and walking distance to Olympic park, the aquarium, World of Coke and the shuttle to Turner Field. They usually have good weekend rates. For a 50th wedding anniversary, I would say that the Ritz is a lot more appropriate than the Marquis or Renaissance even if it's a little more expensive.

BTW, a lot of the Marriott corporate discount codes also work at the Ritz. See the sticky thread.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
We stayed at the Marriott Century Center last month. Overall, it was a nice stay. The lounge staff were spectacular. The location is so so but we had a car. There was ample parking anyway.

My co workers complained about thin walls facing the highway but I had the same room type on the lounge floor and never a problem unless my face was up against the glass.

I'd stay here again if I can but more than likely we'll end up at the one in Sandy Springs (Perimeter Center).
Old Jan 17, 2013, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
The following was posted in the exec lounge sticky by dcchi, and provides more info than I need for the stickey. I thought the information would be better in this thread for those that are considering this property, as the exec lounge sticky provides a 'snapshot' of whether lounges are open/closed on weekends. I appreciate dcchi's willingness to share additional information.

"JW Marriott Atlanta (Buckhead)

Executive Lounge is on the 25th floor and here are the details (per a little business-card size card they provided at check-in):

Hours of Operation
Sunday 5pm-10pm
M-Th 6:30am-10pm
Fri 6:30am-12pm

Breakfast Service
M-F 6:30am-9:30am

Hors d'ouevres / Dessert
Su-Thurs 5-7:30pm

(Other hotel details on the card: Nox Creek Grill 2nd Fl; Pool 3rd Fl; Health Club 3rd Fl open 24 hours)

I haven't been in a ton of concierge lounges (mostly do leisure weekend travel), though I've been at the lounges in JW Marriott HK (which is amazing) and the DC Mayflower (just ok) but I think the lounge is pretty nice (I guess it was renovated recently according to the current status on the 1st page of this thread). Although the weather was rainy/foggy today, I presume there is a pretty nice view of downtown from there. The interior is done pretty nicely too. For breakfast there was a nice hot set of food (pretty standard fare: scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, oatmeal, bagels, muffins, fruit, etc.) There was a fridge with milk, sodas, juices etc that I presume is open at times other than breakfast from which you can take drinks. There is a coffee/hot drink machine (the type that makes your drink for you after you choose the one you want). There is an honor bar fridge with beers (it appeared to me--didn't look that close. Big screen TV at one end with a few lounge type seats. There's probably about 35 total seats in the place, so it's not really that big, though it's fairly nicely done.

In one back corner, there is also a computer station with a printer."
Old Dec 14, 2013, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
I am staying in Atlanta Christmas Eve and Day (2 nights). Wanted to get thoughts on staying at the Ritz Carlton downtown vs. the Marriott Suites Midtown?

We will have our 3 year old with us, so the extra space at the Marriott Suites is tempting. But I also just got the Ritz credit card and actually being able to use the $100 credit and Club level upgrade is equally tempting (will just be a regular sized room on the club level unless they hook me up).

The Ritz will be $57 more considering the difference in rates + taxes and parking fees but then subtracting back the $100 credit.

We will be between Buckhead and Dunwoody visiting family those two days, so the location is about equal (and did not see an upside to one of the Buckhead locations vs. these two downtown options based on the rates and potential benefits or space). Being in downtown/midtown also makes it easier to swap a car at an Avis local location, which I need to do on the 26th.

Thoughts?
Old Dec 14, 2013, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by dbuckho
I am staying in Atlanta Christmas Eve and Day (2 nights). Wanted to get thoughts on staying at the Ritz Carlton downtown vs. the Marriott Suites Midtown?

We will have our 3 year old with us, so the extra space at the Marriott Suites is tempting. But I also just got the Ritz credit card and actually being able to use the $100 credit and Club level upgrade is equally tempting (will just be a regular sized room on the club level unless they hook me up).

The Ritz will be $57 more considering the difference in rates + taxes and parking fees but then subtracting back the $100 credit.

We will be between Buckhead and Dunwoody visiting family those two days, so the location is about equal (and did not see an upside to one of the Buckhead locations vs. these two downtown options based on the rates and potential benefits or space). Being in downtown/midtown also makes it easier to swap a car at an Avis local location, which I need to do on the 26th.

Thoughts?
Personally I'd stay in Buckhead versus downtown or midtown
Old Dec 14, 2013, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Originally Posted by socrates
Personally I'd stay in Buckhead versus downtown or midtown
Me too. But...

- The Ritz Buckhead is 2x my other options.
- The JW Buckhead is the same rate as the Ritz downtown (and more considering the Ritz card credit). As Gold I might get lucky with an upgrade, but I cannot count on that. And the regular rooms are 2/3 the size of the Ritz. Would rather drive a little extra and have the club level room and benefits downtown.
- The Marriott Buckhead has a King + sofabed room for the same rate as the Marriott Suites. Sort of on par, but for a little extra driving would rather have the separate bedroom at the Suites.

All the Buckhead hotels still charge for parking which also keeps them on par with downtown. So the Ritz downtown and Marriott Suites seemed to offer more for the money this time vs. my Buckhead options; but compared to each other they are seeming about equal to me factoring in my son traveling with us and the price difference - hence asking if there are other things I should consider? I think I have stayed at each one before, but that was a long time ago -- I usually do stay in Buckhead or Perimeter!

If I want to really save money I can go to the Marriott Century Center or Marriott Perimeter where the rates are very low and there is free parking. Would save me about $150 vs. the Marriott Suites Midtown, but was trying to stay somewhere a little nicer or with more room space for my wife since this is part of a longer vacation (plus have stayed at the Perimeter Marriott on a weekend before and experienced the topic 7 posts up = afraid Christmas would be like a weekend there). I could also throw several of the Springhill Suites or Residence Inn into the equation for space, but same thing on the hotel niceness factor.

Last edited by dbuckho; Dec 14, 2013 at 6:28 pm
Old May 19, 2014, 5:13 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred; SPG Platinum
Hey all,

My friends and I do a baseball stadium trip every year, and this year we chose Atlanta. We're going for a weekend mid-July. I have a boat load of Marriott points, and was wondering what property everyone would recommend. We'd like to be in a cool spot in the city to check out the night life, but also be in a spot somewhat convenient to Turner Field. Definitely more concerned about the night life though

Thanks for the input.
Old May 19, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: DELTA PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, etc.
Originally Posted by abracadaver
Hey all,

My friends and I do a baseball stadium trip every year, and this year we chose Atlanta. We're going for a weekend mid-July. I have a boat load of Marriott points, and was wondering what property everyone would recommend. We'd like to be in a cool spot in the city to check out the night life, but also be in a spot somewhat convenient to Turner Field. Definitely more concerned about the night life though

Thanks for the input.
Renaissance Midtown or Marriott Suites Midtown are your best bets for cool spots. Both are close to MARTA to get to the game.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.