Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Atlanta, GA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Atlanta, GA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2015, 11:36 pm

Stayed at the Midtown Ren a couple weeks ago. As mentioned, no CL. Breakfast certs for two were very worthwhile. Got a mild upgrade to a corner room. There's a Publix supermarket right around the corner. If using Uber, manually input the hotel name because the auto-input usually puts them a block or two over. Empire State South is walkable. Hugh Acheson was there and took pictures with us. Also ate at Marlowes down the street, good also.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
Ahh, the Marriott Stone Mountain. Reminds me of the many weeks I spent there for PwC training and debauchery... Very sterile resort. Geared for conventions to isolate people from distractions.
That's a pretty good description of the Evergreen Marriott at Stone Mountain.
My spouse attends a conference there each year and usually stays over, since conference events start early and go late, so commuting from home isn't realistic.

I've joined her for meals and checked out her rooms (typical Marriott), but I haven't bothered to stay over.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 10:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Atlanta Midtown to get dual brand AC/Moxy

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/r...-marriott.html

Excerpts:

"Atlanta’s Noble Investment Group plans to bring a new kind of dual-branded hotel to Midtown.

The roughly 300-room hotel would blend two Marriott products: the AC Hotel by Marriott, a contemporary European-inspired flag, with Moxy hotel, Marriott’s newest brand that targets the Millennial traveler with smaller rooms and more affordable prices. Moxy would be a new brand for the Atlanta market.

The project would come to what’s now a parking lot along 14th Street, between the Four Seasons Atlanta and Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown hotels.

The AC Hotel would face 14th Street, while the Moxy hotel would front 13th Street. A pedestrian connection is planned to connect 13th and 14th, providing needed access for those walking between the Crescent Avenue entertainment and dining district, to the office buildings and Woodruff Arts Center along 14th and 15th streets.

Noble is currently under construction on another AC Hotel by Marriott at Phipps Plaza mall, a partnership with mall owner Simon Property Group. It will be the brand’s first location in the Atlanta market."

Cheers.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:23 am

Programs: United, IHG, Hilton
Since I haven't seen anyone mention it yet: the Marriott Atlanta Buckhead and the JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead are two blocks apart, which sometimes confuses people.

Despite only a two block distance, the "regular" Marriott's location is much worse if you want to reach MARTA or Lenox Mall on foot, because the non-pedestrian-oriented street layout in the area makes it annoying to get around. It's possible to walk, but a hassle.

The Marriott is however typically 20-40% cheaper. It's an older property, but generally ok. A large part of its business are conferences and groups, so the lobby (which is renovated and nice) can be crowded and noisy. The rooms do have desks, contrary to some recent Marriott trends.

An oddity: There is a weird "Garden Level" in the half-basement, which looks like they tried to squeeze in a floor of rooms where it doesn't really fit. You take the elevator one floor down from the lobby to reach them, but they look out onto ground level on the side of the hotel, due to an incline. As partial compensation for being in the basement, they have outdoor patios with lounge chairs and table. But the patios look out onto the parking garage, and are surrounded by a high fence, so not that attractive to lounge on (but maybe useful if you smoke). Also housekeeping and the fitness center are on this level, so it tends to be noisy. The property frequently dumps these rooms as cheap inventory on Hotwire and Priceline, which is how I've meet them.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 7:41 am
gsb

The Glenn

I just returned from a weekend trip to Atlanta, where my family stayed at The Glenn. It's a great location, especially if you have an event at the Georgia Dome, the Georgia World Congress Center, or Phillips Arena.

While small, we found the rooms to be quite comfortable, and the staff was great. The property lacks a Concierge Lounge, but do offer breakfast in the dining room for Platinum guests. There is a limited, special menu for Platinum guests, but the prices in the restaurant are quite good. Adding a waffle, for example, is $5.

We have normally stayed at the Marriott Marquis, but the Glenn offers a great experience.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 3:24 am

i have stay coming up in renaissance Atlanta midtown. and I have gold elite status....

1. I've read in this thread that you get $15 certificate for each person per day. So, if I make my reservation for two people, but I am the only one making the trip, will I get $30 credit? How expensive is the breakfast? Will $15 be enough for me? (I don't eat much, so a light breakfast would be enough for me).... and can I use the $15 credit on room service breakfast or I have to be in the restaurant in person?

2. Is the breakfast only provided M-F or every day? And what is their breakfast hours? Because I am staying from Saturday night to Monday morning. So I am just wondering if I can expect the same $15 credit on Sunday morning.

3. I plan to visit Georgia Tech, but I don't plan to have a car. Is the midtown safe at night or during day time to walk around by myself without having to worry about getting mugged? I've heard that marta station midtown is a popular spot for homeless.

4. Is the taxi fare from ATL airport to Ren. midtown still $32 flat fare?

5. With gold elite status, is it possible to get an upgrade (prior to arrival, asked over the phone) to a top floor room with a nice view to Georgia Tech campus?
Old Nov 11, 2015, 6:36 am
Suspended

I stayed here when I went back to Ga Tech to see how it had changed after 45-yrs and honestly and although I had a high floor couldn't see any part of the campus.

At breakfast, don't ask for biscuits and gravy - they know what it is but for some very odd reason don't have it.

Tech is a LONG walk. We took the MARTA closer to campus but were returning from Underground (which ain't the same any longer).

Didn't see any homeless at the MARTA stop two short blocks from the hotel.

Stop by the Varsity (opened decades ago by Tech dropouts who made a mint) if you can. It's an experience.

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
i have stay coming up in renaissance Atlanta midtown. and I have gold elite status....

1. I've read in this thread that you get $15 certificate for each person per day. So, if I make my reservation for two people, but I am the only one making the trip, will I get $30 credit? How expensive is the breakfast? Will $15 be enough for me? (I don't eat much, so a light breakfast would be enough for me).... and can I use the $15 credit on room service breakfast or I have to be in the restaurant in person?

2. Is the breakfast only provided M-F or every day? And what is their breakfast hours? Because I am staying from Saturday night to Monday morning. So I am just wondering if I can expect the same $15 credit on Sunday morning.

3. I plan to visit Georgia Tech, but I don't plan to have a car. Is the midtown safe at night or during day time to walk around by myself without having to worry about getting mugged? I've heard that marta station midtown is a popular spot for homeless.

4. Is the taxi fare from ATL airport to Ren. midtown still $32 flat fare?

5. With gold elite status, is it possible to get an upgrade (prior to arrival, asked over the phone) to a top floor room with a nice view to Georgia Tech campus?
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:20 am

1. No idea if you can combine the $15 certs to make $30. My guess is at minimum the $15 credit will cover a cont'l breakfast & possibly a hot one. It's rare for breakfast credits at properties to be applied to room service; normally just breakfast in the restaurant.

2. The breakfast credit is provided daily. No idea what their breakfast hours are; ask at check-in.

Cheers. Sharon
Old Nov 11, 2015, 8:57 pm

also, does my Gold Status allow me to get an upgraded, based on availability at check in, or does the Gold status room upgrade only work at FS Marriott, not Renaissance?
Old Nov 11, 2015, 9:22 pm
Suspended

Renaissance branded props ARE full service.

With a question this basic are you sure you're G status or did you get it via the UA hook-up ?

also, does my Gold Status allow me to get an upgraded, based on availability at check in, or does the Gold status room upgrade only work at FS Marriott, not Renaissance?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by leeky
Renaissance branded props ARE full service.

With a question this basic are you sure you're G status or did you get it via the UA hook-up ?
I got it via UA hook-up. I normally don't stay with Marriott brand that often, but I am going with Renaissance this time for various reasons.

I thought I could get upgrade with Gold at check in, but I was told that I have to pay to get upgrade at this Renaissance even with Gold when I called the hotel today, which I find it odd since I thought upgrade is complimentary if there is room available at check in just like the elites at all other hotel brands.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:08 am

I got it via UA hook-up. I normally don't stay with Marriott brand that often, but I am going with Renaissance this time for various reasons.

I thought I could get upgrade with Gold at check in, but I was told that I have to pay to get upgrade at this Renaissance even with Gold when I called the hotel today, which I find it odd since I thought upgrade is complimentary if there is room available at check in just like the elites at all other hotel brands.
You are correct it is complimentary at checkin if available.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:45 am
Suspended

I've seen hotels charging for advance upgrades - so pay points plus say $100 and get confirmed upgrade but with G-status upgrades are (allegedly) free based upon availability at checkin.

Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:22 am

As leeky mentions Gold upgrade is free based on availability at check-in. When you check in, just ask (nicely) if the room they've given you is a Gold upgrade. This property doesn't have that many type room types: guest room, larger guest room, pure allergy room, exec suite, pure allergy suite. Also, call Marriott & have them note in your record 'request Gold upgrade'.
Enjoy your trip.

Cheers. Sharon
Old Nov 28, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Cunard Diamond
ATL hotel recommendation?

I have an overnight at ATL coming up in January and would like to stay by the airport. The Cyber Monday sale has the ATL airport Marriott and the Rennaissance ATL for the same price. Would people recommend either of these hotels? Thank!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.