Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Atlanta, GA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Atlanta, GA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
Marcell - thank you very much for your input.

Based on this and other feedback we are rethinking our plans; it really doesn't look as if we'll need a car to do most of what we want so we may just rely on MARTA and that opens up other options; basically staying either at the airport location or any location with easy access to MARTA.

Bruce
Old Feb 3, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
I am right now at Marriott Perimeter Center because my customer is a mile away and MARTA takes me to/from the airport. Free parking if you have a car. Awesome places within hotel shuttle range for dinner. Definitely have a look as I think it would fit your needs.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by iztok
I am right now at Marriott Perimeter Center because my customer is a mile away and MARTA takes me to/from the airport. Free parking if you have a car. Awesome places within hotel shuttle range for dinner. Definitely have a look as I think it would fit your needs.
Thank you - interestingly I had checked that one out on the website and it peaked my interest. A couple of questions please:

How are the rooms (size and quietness?) I am platinum so I would hope for a room on the concierge level would be available.

How is the lounge, most importantly for the breakfast. And, if you had occasion to use the restaurant for breakfast, any comments?

The website show the MARTA stop very close - accurate?

Thank you,
Bruce
Old Feb 4, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by BruceWG
Thank you - interestingly I had checked that one out on the website and it peaked my interest. A couple of questions please:

How are the rooms (size and quietness?) I am platinum so I would hope for a room on the concierge level would be available.

How is the lounge, most importantly for the breakfast. And, if you had occasion to use the restaurant for breakfast, any comments?

The website show the MARTA stop very close - accurate?
I had a room on the CL. Your average size hotel room. I booked it the morning of so they had limited options. I usually travel alone but even if I had my wife and toddler with me it would be adequate. They do have few larger rooms and suites that might be an option.

I carry Advocare shakes (these: https://www.advocare.com/141042751/S...&id=A&flavor=h) for breakfast so I only use lounge to get me water. But from what I've seen they have good spread for breakfast (typical egg + meat, toasts, fruits, coffee...) and appetizers are decent (soup, cheese, fruits, pot stickers as an example), and desert (chocolate mouse cake).

I walked from MARTA to the hotel, but they do have a free shuttle available if you call.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 7:57 am

Thanks for the report - enjoy your stay! Looking forward to ours next month.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Muerz
I'm having the almost same question. Going to ATL around Memorial Day. Planning to split my stay 3 nights ATL, 2 nights Charleston or Savannah (not sure which city is more interresting) and 2 more nights in ATL before heading back to Europe.

As with you, Coke and CNN are musts, as well as planning shopping in the outlets and the traditional (more upscale) malls.

At this time, I have reservations at the Renaissance Concourse Atlanta airport (first 3 nights) and the Marriott Perimeter Center (last 2 nights). Both had very reasonable rates of well under 100$. I chose those properties not only because of their rates but also because their lounge is closed and they offer full breakfast to Plats.

Of course, staying in Buckhead seems like a better option but I haven't had time yet to look for LNF rates in this area and wanted to guarantee the cheap rates. Anything wrong with the location or the properties I chose?

The Marquis and the Glenn were also cheap but the area seems even less desirable (high parking charges, dangerous at night).
my recommendations

1) Charleston - more to do and easy walking city
2) in ATL stay somewhere near MARTA (my preference would be Midtown first and Buckhead second)
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:22 pm

Programs: HY DIA, HI Gold, M Plat, SPG Gold, AC Plat
Thanks for the report - enjoy your stay! Looking forward to ours next month.
Bruce - I've stayed at the Marriott Perimeter several times. Its actually pretty nice for a FS Marriott. The hotel was renovated in the last two years and the Exec Lounge has a solid spread, pretty typical for US Marriotts with a hot app or two in the evening along with cheese, vegetables, etc. Breakfast is decent. I've stayed at all of the FS Marriott's in Atlanta and this is one of the better ones (I actually really like the Gateway one at the airport as well, but that isn't convenient to sightseeing). If you decide you don't want a car, you may want to look at the Residence inn Midtown/Georgia Tech as they recently completely gutted that building and redid it. Its in a great area (Lived in Atlanta for the last 10 years) with a lot of Midtown restaurants a quick walk away. Its also convenient to Marta and all the attractions downtown. This is a Category 4

The other one that I love in Atlanta is the Ren Midtown. No exec lounge, but this was formerly a Kimpton Palomar hotel so the rooms are a little different finish than your typical Ren. Its also very convenient to Midtown/MARTA.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:02 pm

Great info - thank you very much. I do like the looks of the RI/Georgia Tech a lot. It's possible my son may fly down from NY and if that's the case I may need to book the other RI/ Peachtree at 17th because they have a suite with sofa bed available to book and the RI/Georgia Tech only shows a studio without the ability to add a rollaway. Any thoughts on the RI/Peachtree?
Old Feb 8, 2015, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Any thoughts on the RI/Peachtree?
If you mean the RI at 134 Peachtree Street, I've never stayed there (too close to home), but its location is very convenient to a lot of things -- it is just across the street from a Marta station, the new Atlanta streetcar has a stop across the street, Woodruff Park is a block away, and a lot of things are within walking distance (CNN tour, the GA Aquarium).

I'm not sure how vibrant the neighborhood is at night -- there are a lot of office buildings and my impression is that not a lot happens there at night, unless there is an event at one of the nearby venues (Georgia Dome, Philip Area, etc).
Old Feb 8, 2015, 2:24 pm

The address is 1365 Peachtree Street. Looks like it's about 3/4 mile away from the newly renovated RI.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
The address is 1365 Peachtree Street.
I forgot about that one -- I pass by there a few times each week, but I usually take Peachtree Circle, which is a block or so east of the hotel.

It (RI @ 1365 Peachtree St) is in a great location, in a really nice part of Atlanta -- there are several arts attractions there, hence the "Arts Center" name of the nearby Marta station. A few blocks to the east is Piedmont Park and the Botantical Gardens. To the west, right over the Interstate, is Atlantic Stations, a major redevelopment that was completed just a few years ago.

If you stay there, keep an eye out for Baton Bob (wikipedia).
Old Feb 8, 2015, 5:40 pm

Thanks for the info....if they stay there we'll watch out for him!

Bruce
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:14 am

Reviews as Platinum Member - Marriott Marquis/Ren Midtown/JW/RC Downtown

Marriott Marquis
Beautiful atrium - truly stunning design imo. They filmed Catching Fire (Tribute living quarters) and Mockingjay Part 1 here.
Location is downtown. A block of off peachtree, so it feels really quiet at night. It is within walking distance by a couple-few blocks, but the area right around the hotels is quiet.
The rooms are fine - clean, not shabby, but not new either. Really the atrium is the stunner here.
Breakfast is taken in the lounge. They have apps in the eve. They also have a starbucks on site.

Renaissance Atlanta Midtown
The rooms are nice, clean, new feeling.
Staff is nice. Walk-able to Georgia Tech area and restaurants. Elevators are a bit slow.
Breakfast is in their restaurant - Community Smith. You get $15/pp. Service is quick and it is made to order.

JW Marriott Buckhead
Breakfast is taken in the lounge. This is a really nice hotel. It is connected to the Lenox mall. Service was great, room spacious. Workout room is large.

The Ritz Carlton Downtown
Breakfast is taken in the restaurant - Atlanta Grill. Buffet style with make to order eggs/omelets/waffles. Good breakfast, nice variety.
Rooms are older but don't feel shabby. Staff is excellent. I stayed here via the AMEX Fine hotels and resort program. So I am not 100% sure what my Marriott Platinum status would have gotten me. Breakfast was included in the FHR rate. Top notch service with an old world (think 1920s) feel.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
I stayed at the Ritz Downtown for 3 nights in Feb. As a Plat I got my 1,000 points and high speed internet. I requested a high floor room but was given a mid-floor room, however it had a nice view of downtown. It’s right across the street from the MARTA station, so very easy to get to/from ATL. Lots of restaurants in the immediate area and easy walk to World of Coca Cola, CNN center, Millennium park, etc. However, area is kind of dead on weekends/at night. I think it’s more of the business district.

Overall nice rooms, can’t complain. Standard R-C. I liked the nespresso machine in the room. A vanity in the entrance to the room was a nice plus. No real lobby to speak of but they did have free candy and apple cider every day, so that was nice.

I stayed here on my govt rate but can’t imagine paying the full price. Also, the new coffee shop in the lobby (can’t remember the name) has excellent coffee and pastries.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 8:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by worldtravel123
Marriott Marquis

Breakfast is taken in the lounge. They have apps in the eve.

Renaissance Atlanta Midtown

Breakfast is in their restaurant - Community Smith. You get $15/pp.

JW Marriott Buckhead
Breakfast is taken in the lounge.
Were these stays during the week or weekend? Looking for updates on lounge open/closed, what the property does for brekkie on the weekend.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.